7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

lawnseed

who is the prefered sdlp presidential candidate
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

I have no idea who their preferred candidate is. Do you?

But as for support for the current president...

Gerry Adams extends good wishes to President McAleese
October 1, 2004

Commenting on the reappointment of Irish President Mary McAleese for another term, Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams said:

"President McAleese has been a superb ambassador for Ireland on the world stage over the past seven years.

"At home she has been a vocal supporter of the peace process and along with her husband Martin has been involved in an important engagement with both the nationalist and the unionist community in the North.

"I wish her well over the next seven years as she continues in her role as the Irish President.

"It would be my hope that when the time comes to elect the next Irish President those citizens living in the six counties will have had extended to them voting rights to participate in what would truly be a national poll."

Bogball XV

I've asked a lot of people if they'd vote for gaybo, nobody has yet admitted that they would, how is he leading the poll?

Would anyone here vote for him?

muppet

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 11, 2011, 10:50:36 PM
I've asked a lot of people if they'd vote for gaybo, nobody has yet admitted that they would, how is he leading the poll?

The poll was conducted in the RTE canteen.
MWWSI 2017

Bogball XV

Quote from: muppet on August 11, 2011, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 11, 2011, 10:50:36 PM

The poll was conducted in the RTE canteen.

It must have been, he's actually disliked by most people I've talked to.

magpie seanie

Even if that poll were a fair reflection (I have my doubts) Gay Byrne still wouldn't get elected as the transfers will go to Michael D and Mitchell. Most people can't stick him so despite a sizeable idiot minority voting number 1 for him he still won't have a prayer. God bless PR.

That's what I'm hoping anyway.

The other hope is he won't run and he won't run unless he is sure he will win. You couldn't be on those figures.

lawnseed

PROBLEM SOLVED.
seeing as all of the candidates have their own little pros and cons i had a brain wave we elect Mario rosenstock that way we all get the character we want.
also I've thought of a way that the presidency can become self funding. each week a list of characters eg Bertie,cowen,paisley,Adams etc  shall be published/broadcast together with corresponding premium text numbers people can text to have Mario potray the president as their favorite character for the week. eg when meeting queen Liz he could have been Gerry Adams or if the pope came he could be paisley.
i think if we are going down the road of 'personality' instead of 'political' Mario would ensure we wouldn't get bored. ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on August 12, 2011, 10:46:01 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED.
seeing as all of the candidates have their own little pros and cons i had a brain wave we elect Mario rosenstock that way we all get the character we want.
also I've thought of a way that the presidency can become self funding. each week a list of characters eg Bertie,cowen,paisley,Adams etc  shall be published/broadcast together with corresponding premium text numbers people can text to have Mario potray the president as their favorite character for the week. eg when meeting queen Liz he could have been Gerry Adams or if the pope came he could be paisley.
i think if we are going down the road of 'personality' instead of 'political' Mario would ensure we wouldn't get bored. ;)

O sweet man on the moon, the 4 horsemen  >:(
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

magpie seanie

Brilliant news, I can unpack my bags!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Who will Fianna Fáil's next candidate be?

Ryan Tubridy
Ray D'Arcy
Brendan O'Connor
Willie O'Dea
Miriam O'Callaghan

magpie seanie

Whoever it is it could hardly be worse than your guys choice! I reckon it will be Brian Crowley.

You're wild obsessed with FF! At the lowest ebb in their history and you are still worried they'll beat your beloved blueshirts in the presidential election! No prizes for 2nd inthis one though I reckon.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 13, 2011, 03:16:38 PM
Whoever it is it could hardly be worse than your guys choice! I reckon it will be Brian Crowley.

You're wild obsessed with FF! At the lowest ebb in their history and you are still worried they'll beat your beloved blueshirts in the presidential election! No prizes for 2nd inthis one though I reckon.

I don't think FG have a hope of winning it, not so bothered as long as it doesn't go to the Failers, Shinners or the Vatican.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Its a shame this man was never our President.

The people of Ireland seem to agree with me, Ireland's greatest man.