The official dark arts/cynical play thread

Started by BennyHarp, May 09, 2015, 08:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: trileacman on July 21, 2015, 01:39:46 PM
Lads the refs aren't even dishing out black cards now when they should be. What f**king hope have you got of getting them to sin-bin players?

I also made that point, but thon wheelie bin of Jinxy's deflected that, bloody Meath hallions.

highorlow

Did anyone else notice the cynical dark arts the Kerry forwards have now mastered in pushing the backs off the ball just before the ball is played into them? They were constantly at it last Sunday. The more they got away with it the more they did it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

westbound

Quote from: highorlow on August 05, 2015, 12:39:33 PM
Did anyone else notice the cynical dark arts the Kerry forwards have now mastered in pushing the backs off the ball just before the ball is played into them? They were constantly at it last Sunday. The more they got away with it the more they did it.

Any half decent forward in the country has been doing this for years. Nothing new in it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: westbound on August 05, 2015, 12:43:33 PM

Any half decent forward in the country has been doing this for years. Nothing new in it.

Exactly. It's normally to get the backs hands off you. Sex starved lunatics.

twohands!!!

Jeez lad - that's well established at least 10-15 years now - Stevie from Killeavy was an absolute master at it and Canavan was fairly handy at it as well - just the little bump/nudge/shove to make space before the ball was put it/while it was in flight to put the defender on the back foot.

blanketattack

rrhf

arse boxing has been prevalent from some years now.  Toe say Kerry invented it is just bollicks.

omaghjoe

I think Mickey Harte was talking about PJ McClean using the arse nudge as a tactic way back in 60s for Ballygawley in the Errigal Ciaran documentary.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Fuzzman

Can you imagine the crack if Tyrone leading by 2 points on Sat in final minute and Sean is last man again and has to pull down McManus.
Brolly will have a field day. It could happen.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2015, 07:50:36 AM
Can you imagine the crack if Tyrone leading by 2 points on Sat in final minute and Sean is last man again and has to pull down McManus.
Brolly will have a field day. It could happen.

I would love that.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

nrico2006

Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2015, 11:53:42 AM
Couldn't happen now. Black card, you see.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a wee black card.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on August 07, 2015, 11:53:42 AM
Couldn't happen now. Black card, you see.

You're just being deliberately obtuse :)

Fuzzman

Are you messing?
With 5 minutes left any player would take a black card and haul a man down rather than let them score the winning goal.

Even look at Dublin v Mayo 2 years ago. Last 10 mins was major cynical stuff.