Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: An Watcher on April 22, 2021, 07:44:46 PM
Neil Robertsons hair!!!

I seen him the other night and thought there's a boy looks familiar. Took me a few seconds to work out it was him!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 22, 2021, 07:51:53 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 22, 2021, 05:57:24 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 18, 2021, 12:54:00 AM
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2021/04/16/banned-donegal-driver-with-339-previous-convictions-caught-again/

Is it just me or is there a culture of young boys driving dangerously in Donegal?
yup. Combined with the dangerous roads up there and there always seems to be tragedies.

There's about 10 guards in the whole county.

Eamonnca1

They should bring back Donegal's old railway network and ban young fellas from driving.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 22, 2021, 07:51:53 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 22, 2021, 05:57:24 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 18, 2021, 12:54:00 AM
https://www.donegaldaily.com/2021/04/16/banned-donegal-driver-with-339-previous-convictions-caught-again/

Is it just me or is there a culture of young boys driving dangerously in Donegal?
yup. Combined with the dangerous roads up there and there always seems to be tragedies.

There's a big rally culture in the county as well.

Rudi

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 23, 2021, 04:24:35 AM
They should bring back Donegal's old railway network and ban young fellas from driving.

Another example of a leftie with a right wing solution. The railway network will unfortunately never come back to Donegal. Public transport is very limited, pretty much non existant in Donegal. In a village called Fintown, they have a mile stretch of railway & a train which Donegal kids can ride on, a kind of local tourist attraction. Young fellas rallying cars on back roads late at night is common in most rural areas. Inishowen is particularly bad for young lads rallying, seems to be a cultural right of passage "to wreck a car sir".
High insurance costs aren't prohibitive as young lads will either drive without insurance or just pay up, as without a car they can get no where. Donegal people in general are among the most non-compliant in the ROI, you only have to look at the covid figures, water rates when they were brought in etc. I have to say overall I do like Donegal people generally decent & good fun.

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 12:41:05 PM

Another example of a leftie with a right wing solution. The railway network will unfortunately never come back to Donegal. Public transport is very limited, pretty much non existant in Donegal. In a village called Fintown, they have a mile stretch of railway & a train which Donegal kids can ride on, a kind of local tourist attraction. Young fellas rallying cars on back roads late at night is common in most rural areas. Inishowen is particularly bad for young lads rallying, seems to be a cultural right of passage "to wreck a car sir".
High insurance costs aren't prohibitive as young lads will either drive without insurance or just pay up, as without a car they can get no where. Donegal people in general are among the most non-compliant in the ROI, you only have to look at the covid figures, water rates when they were brought in etc. I have to say overall I do like Donegal people generally decent & good fun.

A huge culture of non compliance in Donegal. County is a bit of a kip as well. Needs a lot of investment and as I have said before, as a tourist destination it is one of the most overrated anywhere in the world.

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on April 23, 2021, 12:53:10 PM

A huge culture of non compliance in Donegal. County is a bit of a kip as well. Needs a lot of investment and as I have said before, as a tourist destination it is one of the most overrated anywhere in the world.

As regards the tourist destination comment, you are way out of line. Your the man who went to Downings & never visited Tramore beach or probably the most beautiful beach in the world "The Murder hole". Not to mention 3 other secluded beaches in the area. And thats just Downings. Donegal is the most under-rated county in Ireland for such untamed beauty form the Poisoned Glen, Doochary, Glenveagh, Highest cliffs in Europe, beaches, lakes, mountains, golf courses, bogs, its stunning. It can be quaint & certain small businesses don't have methods of contactless payements, such is life, I think that adds not subtracts from the experience. Off to Magaluff with you, maybe read a book on Donegal, it might broaden your horizons. You even complained about the weather the last time, the north-west can do f all about its crap weather.
What part of the wannabe free state are ya from? Is Portrush better than Portsalon? Is the Giants Rip off Causeway better than Slieve League? Is Sliabh Donard better than Mount Errigal & the 7 peaks challenge? Are Donegal people more friendly than ones from the Falls / Shankhill road? Did you go to Glen Bar, a village neeat Downings, drink a pint & eat a top class dinner. The only places that come close to Donegal for shear rugged beauty are the Catskills, Aspen Glenwood Springs, Boulder areas of the Rockies, parts of Norway.
As they say in Donegal "you have your sh%te" I'd  nearly show you around next time your up, you will have to take off your blind fold & leave your hotel room.

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 01:22:03 PM

As regards the tourist destination comment, you are way out of line. Your the man who went to Downings & never visited Tramore beach or probably the most beautiful beach in the world "The Murder hole". Not to mention 3 other secluded beaches in the area. And thats just Downings. Donegal is the most under-rated county in Ireland for such untamed beauty form the Poisoned Glen, Doochary, Glenveagh, Highest cliffs in Europe, beaches, lakes, mountains, golf courses, bogs, its stunning. It can be quaint & certain small businesses don't have methods of contactless payements, such is life, I think that adds not subtracts from the experience. Off to Magaluff with you, maybe read a book on Donegal, it might broaden your horizons. You even complained about the weather the last time, the north-west can do f all about its crap weather.
What part of the wannabe free state are ya from? Is Portrush better than Portsalon? Is the Giants Rip off Causeway better than Slieve League? Is Sliabh Donard better than Mount Errigal & the 7 peaks challenge? Are Donegal people more friendly than ones from the Falls / Shankhill road? Did you go to Glen Bar, a village neeat Downings, drink a pint & eat a top class dinner. The only places that come close to Donegal for shear rugged beauty are the Catskills, Aspen Glenwood Springs, Boulder areas of the Rockies, parts of Norway.
As they say in Donegal "you have your sh%te" I'd  nearly show you around next time your up, you will have to take off your blind fold & leave your hotel room.

Lol. The place is a kip, and it's about time someone called stop on this "Donegal is the most beautiful place in the world" nonsense.

GetOverTheBar

Rudi

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2021, 02:07:57 PM
This escalated quickly.

Hard to resist winding up a Wannabe freestater :) He probably prefers thon protestant pish water Bushmills over Jameson  ;D & yes I'm aware of the irony.

J70

This escalated quickly.

Trailer might be letting the recent GAA rivalry cloud his judgement a wee bit. ;D

trailer

Quote from: J70 on April 23, 2021, 02:29:35 PM
This escalated quickly.

Trailer might be letting the recent GAA rivalry cloud his judgement a wee bit. ;D

Lol! So good you immigrated from it  ;)

Seriously though next time you're in Donegal look at the state of the buildings the planning authority passed. Ridiculous.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 02:20:09 PM
This escalated quickly.

Hard to resist winding up a Wannabe freestater :) He probably prefers thon protestant pish water Bushmills over Jameson  ;D & yes I'm aware of the irony.

Point of order. Bushmills is nicer than Jameson.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

I'm judging Donegal on Fundoran. Is it all like that? ;)

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Rudi on April 23, 2021, 01:22:03 PM

Leave us Down men out of this. And the Mourne 7 peaks challenge better of course  ;)