Cheap Car Insurance

Started by tintin25, September 30, 2008, 12:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Lads, I realise there may have been a thread about this before but can anyone give me the names of any insurance companies/brokers in the North where I may get a competitive price! Not Quinns!! Cheers.

full back

Try Axa, got a decent deal of them, and had to use it  :-\

JohnDenver

Caulfields in cookstown are fairly competitive, think they might use axa.

Try their website
http://www.caulfieldinsurance.com/index.htm

Bensars

Ballintines in Tobermore
Equity, Duke st, Derry

I have always found these two to be cheaper than anywhere else i have tried.

4 years ago Quinns were quoteing me 1800.  The two above were about 1300 cheaper

maco

Erne Insurance in Irvinestown - cheapest quote by far for me.

Candyman

el_cuervo_fc

Try www.Confused.com they'll sort a list of them out for you.

I tried it the other day and Endsleigh came up the cheapest at £250

I also tried Caulfield's website, they quoted me £277

Over the Bar

Quinndirect and Abbey beat the other quotes I got and came in at exactly the same price.   Went for Abbey tho 'cos of free windscreen insurance.  Have to say they were brill when my car got nicked.   Courtesy car on the minute and no ruch leaving it back.   

LEt me know how you get on as I'm due a renewal.

tbrick18

Adelaide Insurance are very good and if you're a teacher, even better as they have a teachers policy that guarantees to beat any other quote.
Confused.com is ok, but I would go with moneysupermarket.com.
Here is a quick tip too.....a lot of the quotes you will get say that the cover is only valid in mainland UK and not over here. If you get a cheap quote on one of these sites you can get a screen shot of it (but be careful to "hide" the part that says cover not available in NI). Now, phone around and if you can get one of these insurers who will give you a cheaper quote if you can prove you have some great deal you can email them the screenshot of your cheap quote. This has saved me hundreds over the past number of years, and has resulted in me not needing to change insurers in about 5 years.

illdecide

Get on the phone to Abbey saan
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Treasurer

I was with axa for years, had some problems with them this year so went shopping around. Axa quoted me 602 euro, though granted that included some extra cover (around 550 without the extras). Broker quoted me 470 for exact same policy with Axa (incl extras)! Ended up going with Setanta for 280.