Laois - Bits & Pieces

Started by Mossy Bruce, January 31, 2019, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

if Liam is so opposed to amalgamations and so pro the smal club

Maybe he could start at home and not have Trumera's juveniles being coached everywhere bar Trumera

Keyser Söze

Bit bizarre.
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/02/15/laois-gaa-end-tradition-of-media-attending-county-board-meetings-as-decision-taken-to-go-in-camera/

What are they thinking. It's surely better that Laois Today report on these than 50 different versions of a story being spread around the county by the various delegates. Baffling.

Also, for them to think they have any right to control the media engagements of an amateur player during the offseason?
A manager is effectively an employee of Laois GAA. That bit makes sense.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

A natural progression for them imo. The only surprising bit is that Laois Today got the bullet. They were hardly critics of the CB. I guess they couldn't be seen to be allowing some in and not others. I think this is another own goal. We all know that most decisions were made long before the Convention and CB meetings took place. Now even the rubber stamp and transparency is out of view. Embarrassing

redsetanta

The new supporters club seems to be getting approval. Any county with aspirations needs a functioning supporters club so best of luck to Bryan Breen and co.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Chrimtain

I think we should all get behind this new supporters club.

South Laois man

Quote from: redsetanta on March 01, 2021, 11:19:36 AM
The new supporters club seems to be getting approval. Any county with aspirations needs a functioning supporters club so best of luck to Bryan Breen and co.
one of the best parts of the supporter's club could be buses to the away games. I remember a few years back we played Roscommon in a league game in Portlaoise and they had huge numbers. A Roscommon fella beside me explained the supporter's club put on the buses at a tenner a head return. If the supporter's club only achieved that it would be a huge positive.

SpeculativeEffort

Great point South Laois. The social aspect must be nurtured. The days of people driving and having a few pints are well gone but a supporters bus could generate comraderie and fill this void. People would have to consistently avail of it though to make it work. Maybe a football, hurling and dual away game season bus ticket could be bought upfront to ensure it was well supported?

Keyser Söze

Supporters Club seems like a well organised venture. Fair play to the 3 or 4 driving it!

On another story, I see the greasy pole is still very climbable!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

redsetanta

Good piece in the Sindo yesterday on the late Colm Maher. Very sad story and truly shocking for the family and Port community. Only met Colm once at a Laois Asscoiation event in London when the Laois footballers visited in the early nineties. He was a funny man and some character.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

If there's anyone here from the Heath football club go here and claim €300 before Saturday or its gone...

https://www.freegaalotto.com/club_draw
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

I see there's club games in Laois on 12 or 13 June. Semi finals of last year's junior football and hurling championships.
Very unfair on the clubs who are only allowed play challenge games from 7 June which means they will have to play the semi finals without even a challenge game!