The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Wedge issues.  Guns, god and gays.
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 02:56:20 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2015, 02:25:28 PM
Interesting read
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/13/the-hard-right-swerve-of-the-super-rich.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Not particularly surprising though.

I have always wondered how the Republicans ever got votes from anyone with a net worth less than $10,000,000. Turkeys voting for massively wealthy turkey producers.

Wedge issues. Guns,  god, gays,  immigrants, science etc. etc.

J70

They want to "take their country back"... apparently to the 1950s.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on October 13, 2015, 03:01:37 PM
Wedge issues.  Guns, god and gays.
Interesting read
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/13/the-hard-right-swerve-of-the-super-rich.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

I have always wondered how the Republicans ever got votes from anyone with a net worth less than $10,000,000. Turkeys voting for massively wealthy turkey producers.

Wedge issues. Guns,  god, gays,  immigrants, science etc. etc.

Fine. Gun-toting, God-fearing, homophobic, xenophobic, anti-intellectual turkeys then.  :D
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Quote from: foxcommander on October 13, 2015, 03:01:04 PM
Maybe they see the democrats as eroding the nation with their policies at the peoples expense.

Fair point!

At least there might be some trickle down benefit on the rich getting richer

unfortunately not-  no trickle down benefit at all- evidence disproves this theory

cos there's certainly none in crack cocaine sales.
again fair point!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on October 13, 2015, 03:18:51 PM
Maybe they see the democrats as eroding the nation with their policies at the peoples expense.

Fair point!

unfortunately not-  no trickle down benefit at all- evidence disproves this theory

again fair point!

In a 2 horse election you don't have many options.
Some of my US friends who were democrats have switched sides mainly because they can't align with the Kenyan lads policies of pandering to the freeloaders and minority pressure groups at the expense of the good honest hard working yanks. They feel he's taken down the standards a notch to try even things out.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on September 21, 2015, 08:42:20 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 20, 2015, 05:59:34 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 19, 2015, 08:18:12 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 19, 2015, 05:50:32 PM
Liberals love Trump. The more he talks the more damage he does to the GOP.

I think Hillary testifies under oath at the end of October.

First Democratic debate is also in October. 

If one or other doesn't go well she could be toast.

Lets assume she's out-who carries the torch for the Dems.....Biden or Sanders??????

I was hoping Cory Booker would run, but I'm not seeing much sign of it.

Gerry Brown's a bit old and I get the impression he's more interested in finishing out his term as California governor.

Gavin Newsom would be great but he still has to get a term or two as California governor under his belt before he can make a credible run.

Much as I like Sanders I have my doubts about his electability.

I'm no fan of Clinton, and I'm a bit disappointed that she's the front runner for the dems. She's got so many skeletons in the closet and out of it that there's a real chance she could blow the general election and let one of those racist, xenophobic, religious fundamentalist, anti-intellectual conservative sh*tbags in, which would be a catastrophe for the country and for the world. That could lead to another calamitous GW Bush type presidency, and if that happens then God help us.

I wish a Democrat closer to the center than Sanders and with less baggage than Clinton would have a go. But who is there?

Jesse Jackson could have another go. Or Kanye West.

Trump is a democrat ffs!

It's not the first the dems have had one of their own run for the GOP ticket now is it?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on October 13, 2015, 03:28:08 PM

Fair point!

again fair point!

Some of my US friends who were democrats have switched sides mainly because they can't align with the Kenyan lads policies of pandering to the freeloaders and minority pressure groups at the expense of the good honest hard working yanks. They feel he's taken down the standards a notch to try even things out.

Taxing the wealthy would be a good start, he had the majority to do so in the house/senate and he failed to tax the fcukers they way they should be taxed, same thing on gun control, we are talking here about a President who gave up five top terrorists for one traitor? you could not make this shit up!

stew

Interesting read

Really? people are sick and tired of this namby pamby President who has done next to nothing for the poor, in fact there are more homeless people now than when he took office!

Instead of going after the wealthy and taxing them fairly he sat on his hands, he has done feck all on gun control and the national debt is absolutely incredible under this arsehole! He is a fantastically ungifted person, he has nothing good to offer the country and his presidency is a nightmare!

This country needs a third option in the worst way, and a fourth and the sad thing with people like you muppet is that you cannot see that there are good people in both parties, with good idea's.

When Walker became Governor of Wisconsin some newly elected liberal asswipes actually fled, scurried like rats to Illinois because he was going after the Unions, they only came back under threat of jail time, that is the sort of shite the liberals were up to in the State I lived in for 20 years! They then went after him, tried to impeach him and he beat them again, I have no use for Walker but I loved it that he stuck it to those gutless liberal w**k stains!

muppet

Stew, why all the ranting and raging and venom against anything that isn't a Republican?

And where is the link I asked you for?

MWWSI 2017

J70

Fair point!

again fair point!

Yeah, your US friends sound like really thoughtful and educated people.

What a load of bollocks! ;D

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 13, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Fair point!

again fair point!

Yeah, your US friends sound like really thoughtful and educated people.

What a load of bollocks! ;D

So just because his friends changed their political stance, having actually lived through Obama's  Presidency, you deem them thick?

You are some pup, I mean you have the ability to ascertain a persons intelligence based solely on the fact they defected from the democrats!

What exactly is a load of bollocks?

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2015, 04:16:37 PM
Stew, why all the ranting and raging and venom against anything that isn't a Republican?

I am not a republican, never have been, I would prefer them over that other shower, and the main reason is because too many on here side with the democrats and since they have been shite for 7 years I want to see change.

Who the f**k are you to ask me for anything?

J70

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 04:08:20 PM
Interesting read

Really? people are sick and tired of this namby pamby President who has done next to nothing for the poor, in fact there are more homeless people now than when he took office!

Instead of going after the wealthy and taxing them fairly he sat on his hands, he has done feck all on gun control and the national debt is absolutely incredible under this arsehole! He is a fantastically ungifted person, he has nothing good to offer the country and his presidency is a nightmare!

This country needs a third option in the worst way, and a fourth and the sad thing with people like you muppet is that you cannot see that there are good people in both parties, with good idea's.

When Walker became Governor of Wisconsin some newly elected liberal asswipes actually fled, scurried like rats to Illinois because he was going after the Unions, they only came back under threat of jail time, that is the sort of shite the liberals were up to in the State I lived in for 20 years! They then went after him, tried to impeach him and he beat them again, I have no use for Walker but I loved it that he stuck it to those gutless liberal w**k stains!

Nice rant.

You must have missed where he got the higher rate of tax for high earners a couple of years back after the election,  and McConnell vowed "no more!" And the various times he asked for increases to fund stuff like infrastructure.  Not much he can with the Congress that exists, which would rather do nothing than give Obama even a hint of a victory,  even if it is something they themselves might ordinarily agree with.

As for guns,  what exactly would you have him do? Same with what happened to the debt. There was a major,  major recession, in case you didn't notice.

J70

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

I am not a republican, never have been, I would prefer them over that other shower, and the main reason is because too many on here side with the democrats and since they have been shite for 7 years I want to see change.

You side with the GOP because of people on this site?

Seriously?

muppet

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

Ok you are not a Republican, you just shout and scream blue murder anytime anyone criticises them.

And as for you last comment. You were speaking on my behalf earlier. Is it not reasonable for me to ask where you are getting your info?  ;D
MWWSI 2017