Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 16, 2020, 11:45:37 AM
What is this? The anti officials thread?

A mistake was made. You know... a mistake.

It's not the EPL where officials get stood down either.

I am not having a pop at the officials, if anything I am somewhat bemused as to what weight is not attached to the words and report of neutral officials when the BBC and a county official can overule what they say they had seen

Dunsilly King

I recall talking to a barrister three years ago about a case he was on. He said that it consistently happened that if ten people seen an incident , that 3 out of that ten will have seen a slightly different version to the other seven. And that the devil was always in the detail of what each seen, although they all thought they seen the same thing. It was an insight to me.

123Bigball

It's a pretty big mistake to show 2 red cards for strikinghl/headbutting and for both to be exonerated. So there must be strong evidence in the players favour.

Milltown Row2

Jesus lads!!
?
The referee is going with his  other official, be it a linesman or umpire, why are people questioning the referee?

For instance, i yellow carded two players on Sunday, based on what they said, granted on reflection one of them could have been a red after I after chatting to others after the game as the recording never showed much, but the aftermath of a ripped off helmet would be evidence enough..

asking for referees to stand down is all well and good lads but I really don't think some people on here know the extent of the referee recruitment lately, who wants to become a referee when you have people questioning them for every call?

a few things, not every tackle is a free, not every free is a card or sending off and your interpretation of the rules are different to the man in the middle whos got to react right away and may be in a different angle to you.

Some peoples knowledge of the rules (supporters) is terrible and i would think they would get less than half the questions right if they sat a test.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

123Bigball

Well then are the 2 officials and umpires to blame in this case and not the referee.

paddyjohn

Popcorn anybody?

For once I agree with MR2..  ;)

imtommygunn

Quote from: Calm Down on September 16, 2020, 11:47:36 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 16, 2020, 11:45:37 AM
What is this? The anti officials thread?

A mistake was made. You know... a mistake.

It's not the EPL where officials get stood down either.

I am not having a pop at the officials, if anything I am somewhat bemused as to what weight is not attached to the words and report of neutral officials when the BBC and a county official can overule what they say they had seen

No you have saved yourself for the county chairman ;D

It's the stand down or be stood down language. Jesus. Boys who have done official for years and have made a mistake so should be hung out to dry. I think we're getting a bit carried away with things here :D

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 16, 2020, 12:07:48 PM
Jesus lads!!
?
The referee is going with his  other official, be it a linesman or umpire, why are people questioning the referee?

For instance, i yellow carded two players on Sunday, based on what they said, granted on reflection one of them could have been a red after I after chatting to others after the game as the recording never showed much, but the aftermath of a ripped off helmet would be evidence enough..

asking for referees to stand down is all well and good lads but I really don't think some people on here know the extent of the referee recruitment lately, who wants to become a referee when you have people questioning them for every call?

a few things, not every tackle is a free, not every free is a card or sending off and your interpretation of the rules are different to the man in the middle whos got to react right away and may be in a different angle to you.

Some peoples knowledge of the rules (supporters) is terrible and i would think they would get less than half the questions right if they sat a test.

Hope Colm wasn't using the same umpires he'd down at our place a few weeks back.......
How one managed to give a 65 after every man and his dog (even the Irish News hack) saw that the ball had come off a forward was staggering..
He also sent one of our lads off on the say so of someone else and even the Ballycran supporters didn't know what it was for.

I think he's a dead on referee (hurling wise) just been badly served by those around him.

paddyjohn

So it's Colm McDonalds turn to feel the wrath today..

Calm Down

Not from me, Colm acted on what he was told by Jarlath who I don not believe would have any reason to lie, therefore both at Scott free here, it is the basis of appeal and evidence submitted which our worries me.......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 16, 2020, 12:10:31 PM
Well then are the 2 officials and umpires to blame in this case and not the referee.

So how many seen it and informed him?

I thought it was just the one.

And the amount of information a mate of a friend knows who seen a video of angle form the side of the hedge that no one else seen ..

Anyways anyone got a spare ticket for the match?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

123Bigball

Seems to be a great hill behind one of the goals in pg1 beside a small graveyard. Could be a few heading for it as a view point.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 16, 2020, 01:32:45 PM
Seems to be a great hill behind one of the goals in pg1 beside a small graveyard. Could be a few heading for it as a view point.

Could possible know someone in the graveyard, so may pay my respects  ;)

Yes games live, but Id rather go and not watch the match but record everything else! and sell it on Ebay

Spike

Perhaps we should be appreciative that the correct decision was made in the end following evidence from 2 cameras and independent witnesses.  All of our clubs have felt the benefits / detriments of innocent players being involved / missing matches following harsh suspensions so the disciplinary committee are to be commended for using technology when it can clearly show innocence.

Jarlath perhaps had a poor or fleeting view of a struggle between 2 players. That's not to say he was quick to comment but perhaps in hindsight he is grateful the video showed a better angle than he had and im sure he was pleased that justice was served eventually.

The referee is innocent in all this and was only acting on the advice of his official. Jarlath should not be hounded because of this as again, it appears it was a quick view in real time without the benefit of instant reply.  jarlath has served antrim county for countless years and was trying to appraise a melee with large numbers of players involved which is difficult.

Neither Cargin nor Creggan can have any complaints now about the outcome of the match on Sunday.  It will be a tight game as they always are, hopefully a better fare than 2 years ago. Lets face it, it cant be any worse. Creggan will need to come out more and Cargin will need to ensure they are more direct if it is to be a spectacle at all.