seafoid

The most decorated Tyrone footballer in history I imagine
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Quote from: seafoid on September 11, 2018, 01:34:13 PM

Kerry footballer.....

magpie seanie

Superb footballer and a tremendous example to everyone in the GAA. His book was a fascinating read and provides an insight into why Kerry are Kerry. They kept after a moody, awkward young basketballer and eventually he blossomend into a STAR. The mentor bringing his gloves to him in the pub after a game when he'd thrown them in the dugout in disgust at how bad he played. People like that are the unsuing heros of the GAA and Donaghy acknowledged that....much as his excellent statement above does the people wound him who helped his career.

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on September 11, 2018, 01:40:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 11, 2018, 01:34:13 PM

Kerry footballer.....

Ah Jesus... You've just jumped in there too quick.

weareros

No more than the Bomber Liston, you always felt something could happen around the goalmouth with Star lurking. Allied to his great fielding ability, he had quick hands and awareness. He was also a great striker of the ball. He was also one of the great characters of the GAA and will be missed. His book also rose well above the ghostwritten drivel that passes for GAA books.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

craicwas90

Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2018, 11:23:32 AM
All he did to back it up was catch the ball and be on a good team. There's players up and down the country who could have done what he did I'd give the same opportunities. Limited footballer and unlimited gob.

I'm not going to pretend I like or respect him because he's retiring.

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.

Taylor

Rossfan

Quote from: craicwas90 on September 11, 2018, 03:21:35 PM
All he did to back it up was catch the ball and be on a good team. There's players up and down the country who could have done what he did I'd give the same opportunities. Limited footballer and unlimited gob.

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.

Eejiteen embarrasses us once again. :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Christmas Lights

Pure Clockwork Sy  8)  A few bites already  8) Job Done  8)

grounded

Fantastic player. A menace around the square.

Therealdonald

Always found him over-rated. Possibly the worst player to ever win PoTY. Bit of a soft touch too.

magpie seanie

This thread is also serving another purpose - validating and updating my ignore list.

kerryforsam2018

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 11, 2018, 04:23:13 PM
Always found him over-rated. Possibly the worst player to ever win PoTY. Bit of a soft touch too.

Nonsense was well able to play ball. His quick hands and unselfish play set up many scores for his team mates.

kerryforsam2018

All he did to back it up was catch the ball and be on a good team. There's players up and down the country who could have done what he did if given the same opportunities. Limited footballer and unlimited gob.

LOL 😂 the greatest 14 of all time.