Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 20, 2023, 03:18:29 PM
Next enquiry, did Bojo deliberately mislead the public on Brexit?

We all know and knew that he was/is a liar. But he was allowed to lie and get away with it.
This is case of too little too late.

These sort of characters need to be called out as liars at the time and should be severely punished when in those positions. What impact will this have on Bojo? Little to none I'd say.

Lying, blustering buffoon ever since his school days found to be a lying, bullshítting buffoon with a penchant for riding any blonde who comes into his sphere even when his wife is being treated for cancer.

Shocked I tell you, shocked

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2023, 02:34:38 AM
Johnson in a statement exclaimed "I did not lie"
One is reminded of Richard Nixon's famous last words "I am not a crook"
Nixon went down in history as "Tricky Dicky", Johnson  could well aspire to be remembered as  "Bullshít Johnson".
He lied about the protocol and the oven ready deal. His near death covid rescued by the NHS I only recovered because of my very young child schtick was probably
a dead cat event. .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AustinPowers

Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2023, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 10, 2023, 02:34:38 AM
Johnson in a statement exclaimed "I did not lie"
One is reminded of Richard Nixon's famous last words "I am not a crook"
Nixon went down in history as "Tricky Dicky", Johnson  could well aspire to be remembered as  "Bullshít Johnson".
He lied about the protocol and the oven ready deal. His near death covid rescued by the NHS I only recovered because of my very young child schtick was probably
a dead cat event. .

Guaranteed he didn't  have covid  bad (if at all) , nor was he in  hospital. Let alone an  nhs hospital. All part of  this "we're  in this together " narrative  .  the PM  in  an nhs hospital beside joe soap from  the east end? Aye right!

imtommygunn

If he opens his mouth you can more or less guarantee it's a lie. I read an interesting thread on him assessing his personality etc and the reckoning on it was that he actually doesn't realise he's even telling lies. He just says what suits in the moment and moves on.

What gets me is his cheerleaders. He didn't lie or deliberately mislead parliament. yes dead on. The only explanation is that they realise without hm they'd not have a job.

Yeah I would doubt he had covid bad at all.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2023, 04:21:28 PM
If he opens his mouth you can more or less guarantee it's a lie. I read an interesting thread on him assessing his personality etc and the reckoning on it was that he actually doesn't realise he's even telling lies. He just says what suits in the moment and moves on.

What gets me is his cheerleaders. He didn't lie or deliberately mislead parliament. yes dead on. The only explanation is that they realise without hm they'd not have a job.

It's not that he lied to Parliament, their defence of him is that no one can be sure he knowingly lied to Parliament...

Quite a bit of mental gymnastics that for me but summed up by Jess Philips that his defence is that he's stupid as well as a liar and they're not mutually exclusive.

I don't think he's stupid but he's a self serving p***k with little thought for no one other than himself and thon dickhead Nadine Dorries has been sucked in by him as well, convinced she was due a seat in the Lords when her name wasn't even on his list..

trailer

I love him. He's accelerated a conversation on New Ireland that nobody has been able to do in 100 years. He will quite possibly be the most important character in the history of Ireland ever. Thank You Boris.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on June 20, 2023, 04:53:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 20, 2023, 04:21:28 PM

It's not that he lied to Parliament, their defence of him is that no one can be sure he knowingly lied to Parliament...

Quite a bit of mental gymnastics that for me but summed up by Jess Philips that his defence is that he's stupid as well as a liar and they're not mutually exclusive.

I don't think he's stupid but he's a self serving p***k with little thought for no one other than himself and thon dickhead Nadine Dorries has been sucked in by him as well, convinced she was due a seat in the Lords when her name wasn't even on his list..

Far from stupid and probably a bit of life in him yet. I don't think you'd find many people out there who give less of a flying f**k about anyone else than him.

True trailer. Him and the dup are the gift that keeps on giving.

tbrick18

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2023, 05:07:32 PM
I love him. He's accelerated a conversation on New Ireland that nobody has been able to do in 100 years. He will quite possibly be the most important character in the history of Ireland ever. Thank You Boris.

Possibly.
But at what cost?
The cost of living crisis we are in is in no small part down to brexit. How much misery has bee piled onto millions because of it and because of the lies told to get it over the line. .
Not the way I'd want to get a ui, but I take your point.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 20, 2023, 08:01:42 PM

Possibly.
But at what cost?
The cost of living crisis we are in is in no small part down to brexit. How much misery has bee piled onto millions because of it and because of the lies told to get it over the line. .

Cameron brought about the referendum for Brexit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2023, 08:27:25 PM

Possibly.
But at what cost?

Obviously Cameron opened the gate

But Boris drove the bus through and slammed it behind him

Spend a lot of time across the pond for work and it's incredible how many people (whom I would have considered switched on) who have him on a pedestal

There would have been no Brexit but for him

imtommygunn

It's amazing the stuff he comes out with that people lap up.

AustinPowers

Possibly.
But at what cost?

Cameron was  looking  after his billionaire buddies  (and himself) when he  called the referendum. Brexit  was  meant to happen . The  billionaires pushed the anti eu agenda , because their hands  were tied by eu trade laws. 

Heard something recently. about the amount of  food stuff  now being brought  into the uk  that  is being sprayed by chemicals and  animals  injected wirh all sorts , that  was  banned by the EU before Brexit. So , a lot of the food  now  is much worse and unhealthier. But  you don't  hear this on the bbc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 20, 2023, 10:14:37 PM

Possibly.
But at what cost?

Cameron was  looking  after his billionaire buddies  (and himself) when he  called the referendum. Brexit  was  meant to happen . The  billionaires pushed the anti eu agenda , because their hands  were tied by eu trade laws. 

Heard something recently. about the amount of  food stuff  now being brought  into the uk  that  is being sprayed by chemicals and  animals  injected wirh all sorts , that  was  banned by the EU before Brexit. So , a lot of the food  now  is much worse and unhealthier. But  you don't  hear this on the bbc

You'd need to put up a link for that stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Possibly.
But at what cost?

I honestly don't think Cameron was interested in Brexit, and nor did he he expect it to succeed. I read it as a power play within the Tories. Had Brexit failed, he could have put manners on his backbenchers and concentrated on ruining the economy in more discreet ways.

Franko

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2023, 10:39:07 PM

Possibly.
But at what cost?

I honestly don't think Cameron was interested in Brexit, and nor did he he expect it to succeed. I read it as a power play within the Tories. Had Brexit failed, he could have put manners on his backbenchers and concentrated on ruining the economy in more discreet ways.

That's how I see it too

Sure he was out the gap the second it passed