Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 03:05:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2022, 03:04:42 PM
6 Cos residents in favour of Brit Government cutting taxes?!?!
Good night Irene....

If you had my tax bill you would too.

+1 the robbing Cnuts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2022, 02:56:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 02:43:27 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2022, 12:05:42 PM
Truss will be continuity Boris without the partying and 'charm', unfortunately for the UK the cabinet will still be full of idiots like JRM & Dorries. Sullerman is another, she is obviously an intelligent person as the highest legal brain in Government, but she comes across as such a right wing dunderhead it's cringeworthy. Truss will pick further fights with the EU, will be tougher on the NIP than Bojo ever planned to be, will further aggravate Russia and quite possibly escalate the Ukrainian situation with boneheaded bravado. She will be a gift for Labour tho. I really hope Sunak wins, I genuinely fear what Truss could do.

Like someone said "it is like seeing a menu of diseases and having your Da pick one for you."
Whatever about Truss at least she's for cutting taxes. Sunak wants to put them up! He'd be an economic disaster. I think it will be Truss, difficult to see the Tory body politic elect an Indian.
I dont know what you're reading about Sunak putting taxes up?? Guido or some right wing nonsense thats backing Truss? Sunak clearly stated in the leadership debates he'll delay cutting taxes until inflation is under control, no tax rises. Cutting taxes in the current environment is also likely to fuel inflation, so a tax cut could be a long term false economy.

Why would Sunak be an Economic disaster? That's a really interesting take on it?? I'd take Sunak any day of the week.

He consistently said that things need to be paid for. He has already introduced tax hikes as chancellor. I don't believe he will invest in public services. I would see him as a return to austerity.
Now this in no way means I am a Liz Truss cheerleader who I think will be pretty terrible on the world stage. But I would like to see tax cuts. Corporation Tax and income tax being the two main ones.
You know he can't introduce tax hikes by himself? The NI rise was Bojo's solution to the Health Care crisis (in England). They were all signed off by BJ who loved splashing taxpayer cash - not his problem how it would be paid back.

I'll not refuse a tax cut myself but I read in the I paper today that the tax cuts that Truss is planning are likely to favour higher earners. "The key beneficiaries are those earning over £100,000 pa, someone earning £140,000 will be better off than someone on £20,000."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2022, 03:17:20 PM
Truss will be continuity Boris without the partying and 'charm', unfortunately for the UK the cabinet will still be full of idiots like JRM & Dorries. Sullerman is another, she is obviously an intelligent person as the highest legal brain in Government, but she comes across as such a right wing dunderhead it's cringeworthy. Truss will pick further fights with the EU, will be tougher on the NIP than Bojo ever planned to be, will further aggravate Russia and quite possibly escalate the Ukrainian situation with boneheaded bravado. She will be a gift for Labour tho. I really hope Sunak wins, I genuinely fear what Truss could do.

Like someone said "it is like seeing a menu of diseases and having your Da pick one for you."
Whatever about Truss at least she's for cutting taxes. Sunak wants to put them up! He'd be an economic disaster. I think it will be Truss, difficult to see the Tory body politic elect an Indian.
I dont know what you're reading about Sunak putting taxes up?? Guido or some right wing nonsense thats backing Truss? Sunak clearly stated in the leadership debates he'll delay cutting taxes until inflation is under control, no tax rises. Cutting taxes in the current environment is also likely to fuel inflation, so a tax cut could be a long term false economy.

Why would Sunak be an Economic disaster? That's a really interesting take on it?? I'd take Sunak any day of the week.

He consistently said that things need to be paid for. He has already introduced tax hikes as chancellor. I don't believe he will invest in public services. I would see him as a return to austerity.
Now this in no way means I am a Liz Truss cheerleader who I think will be pretty terrible on the world stage. But I would like to see tax cuts. Corporation Tax and income tax being the two main ones.
You know he can't introduce tax hikes by himself? The NI rise was Bojo's solution to the Health Care crisis (in England). They were all signed off by BJ who loved splashing taxpayer cash - not his problem how it would be paid back.

I'll not refuse a tax cut myself but I read in the I paper today that the tax cuts that Truss is planning are likely to favour higher earners. "The key beneficiaries are those earning over £100,000 pa, someone earning £140,000 will be better off than someone on £20,000."

Get people working and off benefits make jobs worthwhile with a decent pay structure otherwise why would you get up outta bed? Those that want to move here, straight into work, cut out the long red tape required to get them what they are looking for..

Plenty of jobs available just lazy bastards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

I'd want to see more detail on what Truss plans and look both of these are far from an ideal scenario.
Don't quite get that quote. Someone on 140k will of course be better off than someone on 20k.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 03:23:46 PM

I'd want to see more detail on what Truss plans and look both of these are far from an ideal scenario.
Don't quite get that quote. Someone on 140k will of course be better off than someone on 20k.

Someone earning 140 grand is paying more tax (and has done) but gets the same level of NHS service as someone on 20 grand, both shit but one paying more for the same shit! And the ones paying no tax get the same shit service but at least someone else is paying for it...

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2022, 03:23:02 PM

Get people working and off benefits make jobs worthwhile with a decent pay structure otherwise why would you get up outta bed? Those that want to move here, straight into work, cut out the long red tape required to get them what they are looking for..

It's actually a very small proportion of the population who don't work or won't work. It's not a huge amount of money or people unless you read the Daily Mail who quantify it as  all Foreigners, Scots, Northerners and Black people.
There would be huge savings in Defence for example. Look at how much Trident costs or how much it costs to drop a bomb. There is always money for that, but to build something like a New hospital then the money isn't there and we need a Tax hike. There is no money to pay workers. I know of a Nurse who had to phone into work last month as she hadn't the price of Diesel to take her to in. This is the reality. There is plenty of money and plenty in the Tax take they just spunk it on government contracts for their mates and blame people on benefits.

Milltown Row2

Could be worse:

Leo Varadkar: "Sinn Féin is promising a fundamental change in our economic policy and if we have a fundamental change in our economic policy our economy will change fundamentally. It might not happen immediately, it might take two or three years, but there will be less investment, there will be fewer jobs, the tax take will be smaller than it otherwise would be, and the cake will get smaller for everyone."

bennydorano

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 03:23:46 PM

What i take from it is what ever way the tax break is designed the higher earner will receive more percentage wise than the lower earner.

Truss also plans to increase defence spending to 3% of GDP I think it is. That means less money for other Departments that actually matter to people, so that's a tax rise in another guise imo.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on July 21, 2022, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2022, 03:23:02 PM

It's actually a very small proportion of the population who don't work or won't work. It's not a huge amount of money or people unless you read the Daily Mail who quantify it as  all Foreigners, Scots, Northerners and Black people.
There would be huge savings in Defence for example. Look at how much Trident costs or how much it costs to drop a bomb. There is always money for that, but to build something like a New hospital then the money isn't there and we need a Tax hike. There is no money to pay workers. I know of a Nurse who had to phone into work last month as she hadn't the price of Diesel to take her to in. This is the reality. There is plenty of money and plenty in the Tax take they just spunk it on government contracts for their mates and blame people on benefits.

exactly this. CEOs everywhere earning millions and paying buck all tax and a few people getting a shitty amount on benefits and the people on benefits get the blame.

Milltown Row2

The fear the tories have is the greedy CEO's (their funders) will head to some other country with better tax breaks, and if you were a CEO of a multi National company in the uk you'd probably do the same..

Either we want a better NHS or we don't.. has labour said they will reduce government spending on defence and increase the tax on these CEO's who tax dodge?

Those on benefits (job seekers) should be encouraged to be employed and with a better minimum wage to match, whether part met by the government...

If I can get good money (relative to minimum wage) without working then it's a no brainier

imtommygunn

Everything you say there relates to the "public" giving more money. The problem is not that. This government is particularly corrupt. A lot of money is going to "cronies". A LOT.

Milltown Row2

But who in the media is going to research all that, spell it out to the public and what media broadcasting company will allow it?

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2022, 03:57:49 PM
The fear the tories have is the greedy CEO's (their funders) will head to some other country with better tax breaks, and if you were a CEO of a multi National company in the uk you'd probably do the same..

Either we want a better NHS or we don't.. has labour said they will reduce government spending on defence and increase the tax on these CEO's who tax dodge?

Those on benefits (job seekers) should be encouraged to be employed and with a better minimum wage to match, whether part met by the government...

If I can get good money (relative to minimum wage) without working then it's a no brainier

Consecutive Tory governments have done absolutely nothing to prevent tax evasion so a lot of the wealthy are already funneling their money earned in the UK via shell companies and the likes, plus allowing Russian Oligarchs to launder their money via the City of London, it's not called the London Laundromat for nothing.

Rishi and others like him avail of these "loopholes" yet talk about benefits cheats and the likes as if they're the problem.

Eire90

The next election may still not happening to January 2025

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 21, 2022, 04:02:18 PM
But who in the media is going to research all that, spell it out to the public and what media broadcasting company will allow it?
Carole Callawalldr & Pippa  Cerar for a start. Who really pays attention?? Corruption is institutionalised.