Div 1 Mayo v Down Official Thread

Started by Barney, January 30, 2011, 07:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: mannix on February 08, 2011, 04:01:00 PM
Mayo are  25-1 WITH PADDYPOWER today, a tenner on them today will offset the citywest bill in september if the citywest is still operating. I know it sounds crazy but if all goes to all, we can just go to the Four Seasons in ballsbridge

Crazy is right. Sean Feeney told me at the Citywest after 2006 that it would be the last time we'd be there. Burlington is where we will be in September.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 08, 2011, 04:12:47 PM
Mayo are  25-1 WITH PADDYPOWER today, a tenner on them today will offset the citywest bill in september if the citywest is still operating. I know it sounds crazy but if all goes to all, we can just go to the Four Seasons in ballsbridge

Crazy is right. Sean Feeney told me at the Citywest after 2006 that it would be the last time we'd be there. Burlington is where we will be in September.

And the madness begins.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 08, 2011, 05:03:07 PM

And the madness begins.

Why do you Mayo fan's set yourselfs up for a fall? you certainly won't see this type of talk in Tyrone or Cork etc..
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on February 08, 2011, 05:21:35 PM

And the madness begins.

Why do you Mayo fan's set yourselfs up for a fall? you certainly won't see this type of talk in Tyrone or Cork etc..

What about ye?

You can't fall up.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

And the madness begins.

Ross4life, you booking a hotel for the Connacht Final  :D :D :D :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 08, 2011, 05:23:26 PM

And the madness begins.

Ross4life, you booking a hotel for the Connacht Final  :D :D :D :D

In Roscommon we learn to crawl before we can walk & we don't tempt faith  ;)

P.S why would i need to book a hotel for the Connacht final? If we make it where at home.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ludermor

it doesnt matter to you as you just move your caravan to the grounds.

Leo

"The excellent Ross Carr did his best Fr. Paul Stone  impersonation but knew what was happening"

Drone drone drone - makes Michael McGimpsey sound animated and his illogical and inaccurate criticsm of the Down half forward line left me wondering did he think that A Carr should be playing there.

Ross was a hero as a player as far as I am concerned but is a complete turn off with a microphone.
Fierce tame altogether

RedandGreenSniper

And the madness begins.

I didn't think the joke was so subtle that people wouldn't get it. I was wrong.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mannix

rgs, yes you were on the money. its probably our Mayo sense of humor that went over the heads.

ross4life

Like Mayo people don't hype themselves up...As soon as ye beat Galway the pulses will be racing again.

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on February 08, 2011, 11:08:52 PM
Like Mayo people don't hype themselves up...As soon as ye beat Galway the pulses will be racing again.

We'll ask Enda to send ye a defibrillator.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: Leo on February 08, 2011, 09:52:48 PM
"The excellent Ross Carr did his best Fr. Paul Stone  impersonation but knew what was happening"

Drone drone drone - makes Michael McGimpsey sound animated and his illogical and inaccurate criticsm of the Down half forward line left me wondering did he think that A Carr should be playing there.

Ross was a hero as a player as far as I am concerned but is a complete turn off with a microphone.

Maybe he has an agenda with the Down half forward line. I dunno. Wouldn t know what politic would be happening there to be honest, but I would suspect that there is an agenda. Fair enough in my book.  Have only managed to review the first half yet. And I expect he ll be hard going for most people. But I liked the way he understood how things were panning out in the first half, while the main commentator was in 'Mayo God help us , we're being ripped asunder here again at will at the back' mode instead of calling the obvious. Nobody needs to sit in front of the telly now to be told that 'soandso' just passed the ball to 'whatyemaycallim'. Instead of the usual banal  'too loose ' shite, Carr identified the culprit as not being the much maligned backs but stupid turnovers. Honestly, I prefer listening to a droning Carr than bullshitter.

Whitehair

Trailing in the first half an agitated Mayo friend of mine pipe'd up "And who's thats boring bollox commentating, he's probably never kicked a football in his life"  ??? ::)

moysider

Quote from: Whitehair on February 09, 2011, 12:14:21 AM

Trailing in the first half an agitated Mayo friend of mine pipe'd up "And who's thats boring bollox commentating, he's probably never kicked a football in his life"  ??? ::)

Exactly. What people love to hear is Morrissey on about 'teach John Joe's' and one of the sidekicks on about how good the formation of the the attacking 'sextet looks'. Mind you there is a poster on here that uses the word sextet. I mean outside of crusty old university English departments, how many people use that word? Hmmmmmmm.