FANTASY GAA HURLING & FOOTBALL 2010

Started by deise2010, January 30, 2010, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wewillyeah

Quote from: Midlands Man on January 18, 2011, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: fantasy_fan on January 16, 2011, 12:13:11 PM
I'm sure i read somewhere who the winners were. Could have been in the paper or on the site. Can't recall the names as it's so long ago.

Would like to hear from Deise 2010 as to who the winners were .. So fantasy cat wat are your plans for this comp?

I won the hurling competition last year, trying to sell off the prize below and a few other places (a bit optimistic on the price but that's the value I'm told)

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/37/72229437.html

I'll let Desie 2010 come on here and give the details of what all the winners got, but this trophy is what i won for the hurling.

The format of the competion was good and the website was pretty user friendly, comparing to what has gone before in terms of online fantasy gaa / fantasy gaa competitions its been the best website / ive seen so far. However the prize fund / claims of the prize fund did not match what was originally advertised because the number of entries and lack of sponsors  I'm told.

Anyway fantasy Cat, what are the details of your competition?

paullyie

Quote from: fantasy_fan on January 20, 2011, 12:35:10 AM
Quote from: Another_Mink on January 19, 2011, 08:25:29 PM
Anyone know of any good Fantasy Gaa games with decent prize money? I've done pretty well over the years on other games and would like to dedicate some time at winning a Fantasy Gaa game this year.

The Star ran a game last year for league and championship and think there was 20 grand of prize money but generally there are more premiership fantasy games than gaa.

Looks like the star kicked off their Fantasy GAA in the paper this morning €20k prize fund, its been run through starbets.ie
I'd say get them in early to get the max points

BennyHarp

Quote from: paullyie on January 24, 2011, 07:36:06 PM
Quote from: fantasy_fan on January 20, 2011, 12:35:10 AM
Quote from: Another_Mink on January 19, 2011, 08:25:29 PM
Anyone know of any good Fantasy Gaa games with decent prize money? I've done pretty well over the years on other games and would like to dedicate some time at winning a Fantasy Gaa game this year.

The Star ran a game last year for league and championship and think there was 20 grand of prize money but generally there are more premiership fantasy games than gaa.

Looks like the star kicked off their Fantasy GAA in the paper this morning €20k prize fund, its been run through starbets.ie
I'd say get them in early to get the max points

Maybe you should start a thread about it?
That was never a square ball!!

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Lone Shark

Quote from: Louth Exile on January 26, 2011, 11:35:05 AM
http://starbets.ie/featured/its-fantasy-time-250111/

Ronan Carroll   :o

On the face of it, I'd have thought he'd be a decent play with Whyte gone - will he not get a start?

Louth Exile

Quote from: Lone Shark on January 26, 2011, 11:45:26 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on January 26, 2011, 11:35:05 AM
http://starbets.ie/featured/its-fantasy-time-250111/
Ronan Carroll   :o
On the face of it, I'd have thought he'd be a decent play with Whyte gone - will he not get a start?

ML will tell you better than I would, but if he had of been fully fit last year he would have most likely been starting, if not in the middle, then in the forwards. Its not a bad call at all, most would go for Paddy instead, given his profile. IMO if the two of them are playing the middle Paddy is the more likely to get three points on the board in a big game. But if White was to come home later in the year, then there is always the possibility of Ronan to being pushed forward! Not a bad call. Lets hope he can keep himself right for the year.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Another_Mink

Star competition looks decent especially as they have a few gems of players out of position for the NFL at least. Missed the competition last year but followed the leaderboard. Can't wait until it starts.

Midlands Man

Who are the ones out of position mink, i didnt see too many..

Another_Mink

Quote from: Midlands Man on January 27, 2011, 04:09:16 PM
Who are the ones out of position mink, i didnt see too many..

Unfortunately my few "gems" have turned to worthless stones due to injuries etc.  Back to the drawing board.
When is the deadline to enter? Any idea how many entries are in already and how long will it take to enter online if I have my team written down and ready? 

Midlands Man

Slow enough mink about ten minutes a team .. I entered 3 myself ..Who you goin for?

Another_Mink

No John Doyle.  :(

Think I will stick to the soccer.

fantasy_fan

I have started a thread relating to the Star Fantasy Gaa game. Please feel free to comment throughout the competition.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=18481.0