FANTASY GAA HURLING & FOOTBALL 2010

Started by deise2010, January 30, 2010, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmlaois

7. Prizes:
The level of  prizes will be determined by the number of entrants into the competition. There will prizes for the overall 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th places. There will also be prizes for the highest final point total scored in each individual county. Individuals in the top 5 will be excluded from the individual county prizes. Prizes will be mainly cash, but will also include €250 voucher from Tour America, flights from Aer Arann and Jerseys.

This is what your T&Cs states so I cannot see why you won`t answer my question. On the subject of The Star, their leaderboard is updated the next day.

deise2010

Prizes are whats stated in the prizes category on the competition website...

pmlaois

"They will also receive a share of the €30,000 prize fund that is up for grabs".

Please note that the above prize fund of €30,000 is subject to entry and may be lower or higher than indicated.

I would like to know where you are getting a figure of €30,000 from?

You cannot run a competition in this manner by making a statement that there is a €30,000 prize fund when clearly this is not the case. I have no doubt that you mean well but you need to be careful not to mislead people and when you say "They will also receive a share of the €30,000 prize fund that is up for grabs" this is totally misleading.

You still havent told us what the cash prizes will be based on 100 paid entries in both the football and hurling. That`s all I want to know.

deise2010

Leaderboards from the weekend have now been updated.....check out your position and start picking your team for next weekends round of matches

visit www.fantasygaelicsports.ie

tyronebhoy

Is there any facility to see the points each player receives in each game and/or the chance to see what other people's teams are as it is good to see a) what the best players are and b) interesting to see others teams.

deise2010

We are actually working on bringing that feature in to the website at the moment and hopefully will have it updated in the next few days...gives people the chance to see what players are performing the best etc.....any other ideas let us know, as we are in the first year of the competition and want to make it better for everyone

mickocleary76

Lets go with it, it;ll be a bit of craic

tyronebhoy

Why does it take so long to get points updated from the weekend game, especially when there were only 2 games played (football).  How long will it take next week when there are many more matches and during the qualifiers.

You really need to get this sorted or people will lose interest and start asking for refunds.

deise2010

Sorry about the delay - results will be updated today - there were actually 7 games last weekend - 5 hurling and 2 football...but the leaderboards will be done today and going forward, will be done a lot quicker

tyronebhoy

Cheers.

My team has been updated but I think there is something wrong with your database as I am continuing to do very poorly (and it can't all be down to my poor choice of players  ;) )

Anyways, any update of the prizes deise2010, not that I think i'll be in contention anyway.

deise2010

Whats your team name tyroneboy and il check it out and see if there has been any errors, il get on to the web design team too...we have received a lot of revenue in the last few weeks from businesses around our county, supporting us and sponsoring the game, so prizes will be as per the prizes listed....
We are happy with the number of entries this year, as this is the first year and its a learning curve...going forward, we hope to make it the number one fantasy gaa game out there

tyronebhoy

Quote from: deise2010 on June 03, 2010, 06:16:37 PM
Whats your team name tyroneboy and il check it out and see if there has been any errors, il get on to the web design team too...we have received a lot of revenue in the last few weeks from businesses around our county, supporting us and sponsoring the game, so prizes will be as per the prizes listed....
We are happy with the number of entries this year, as this is the first year and its a learning curve...going forward, we hope to make it the number one fantasy gaa game out there

Good stuff,  my team is Dynamo Tyrone but I don't reckon there are any errors, my players have by and large been pretty poor.

Midlands Man

Great competition deise hope it goes well for you and best of luck with it ...

deise2010

Thanks Midlands Man, as mentioned the first year was always going to be a learning curve, but we are happy with the wa things are going.Next year we will have the competition in place for the national leagues, championship etc...

deise2010

Some good weekly prizes to be added to www.fantasygaelicsports.ie competition over the next few weeks, from our sponsors waterford crystal, tour america and aer arann

More details will be posted on www.fantasygaelicsports.ie over the next few weeks