The North American / Canada GAA and Hurling thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyronePhilly

Florida Sevens..........

Club is all booked and ready to go. Whichever clubs are headed down, we'll see you there.

TÍr EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA ABÚ!

An Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Tír Eoghain Philadelphia

tones81

TyronePhilly

Florida Sevens was a good weekend. The weather was in the mid-80s, sunny, with a slight breeze. Derry of New York, under the guiding eye of Sean O'Neill, Henry Diamond, etc. won the Tournament. Good performances by the teams this early in the year. Nigel Shevlin for the Brendan's was impressive despite picking up an injury, Derry's McIntyre, Bosco, Lilly, Bell and Company were too much for everyone. Well done to St. Pat's. Hopefully, with the Hurricanes in the rearview mirror, they can continue restoring this tournament to its previous status.

TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA

cullahmo

It was a lovely weekend in Fort Lauderdale. I wonder why more teams do not enter a team in the tournament, its a great trip for any team and breaks up the winter for those teams travelling from out of tow.

Gabriel_Hurl

WildGeeseGFC

Hey lads, if anyone on here is interested in playing Gaelic Football in Los Angeles, we are always looking for players. Website is down at the moment www.wildgeesegfc.com

If anyone is interested or knows of anyone coming over here during the summer on J1 etc, drop me an email at branch59@hotmail.com

Thanks lads.

Smokin Joe

Gab, I have a sister who lives in Kitchener.

I visited her in 2005 and we watched some football in an Irish club in Missisagua (sp).  Is that your turf or is that another club?

Gnevin

I See San Fran GAA have done a deal with the local ymca who look after pe in the bay area school to have football played by US school kids , they recon they will have 3000 + playing by the end of next year

http://www.ifyl.org/
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Carmen Stateside

Anyone any idea how New York is shaping up for there Connaght championship match with Sligo?? When does the football start this year inh New York?

thewingedlady

Lads, headin out to Vegas for the summer there and I've heard there's nowhere in the city that has the GAA live. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cloc Mor

Kevin McGourty will spend the Summer playing football for the Chicago St Brendans and getting a hefty sum for doing so.

Gabriel_Hurl

First games of the Toronto league season were played yesterday

Mens

St Mikes 3-17 Toronto Gaels 1-1

St Vincents 0-15 St Pats 0-7

Ladies

Michael Cusacks 4-4 Durham Robert Emmets 4-3

hitzelsperger

redandblack4ever

Hey Cloc Mor, where did you hear the story about McGourty coming to Chicago St. Brendan's?

I'm not doubting your information, sounds completely on the mark to me. Especially the part about the "hefty sum". The Brendan's are known for spending plenty on players, but more often than not, it doesn't win them anything.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

oakleaf stateside

Mc Elduff & co had a good win in ny at the weekend. derry beat donegal and barnabas slashed mayo
Dont Do It