Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 03:48:39 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on September 26, 2019, 03:13:19 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 02:36:36 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 26, 2019, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 26, 2019, 09:59:47 AM
if the monies were raised  in the name of mayo Gaa .  then he should hand it over with out delay . these 3rds party organizations are unelected and unaccountable cannot  the policies of the GAA in a county just because they are now in possession of monies raised for Mayo gaa.
if he is making personal donations. that is different he can do as he like and out as many conditions on it as he likes .

They weren't.

He offered x for a training facility. A couple of years later no progress, but as I understand it they asked for the money anyway, he said no.

Hopefully this helps the message that some county boards couldn't run a bath and all the funding in the world wont change that
the Gala dinner in New York was very much sold as a Mayoo GAA event ,
Bad show now if he doesn't want to hand over the money now because hes not getting his own way ,
as the saying goes 'Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts'
Are you not confusing two things? New York cash was banked and spent. This guy promised additional bricks and mortar funding that Mayo never bothered following up on but asked for the money for current spending.

You don't know what you're talking about. Almost all of what you've said is incorrect - read the reports more carefully.

I did.

The €250k in question is nothing to do with the NY fundraiser.
the question remains who do we want running Mayo football.  a county board elected by the club or a guy who we never heard of till yesterday who had bucket loads of cash. whioo was last seen exposing himself because he wanted england to win a soccer match ,
load of English and indeed  LOI clucgs have come across similar characters before and it never Ends well
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

shark

Quote from: Tubberman on September 26, 2019, 03:13:19 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 02:36:36 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 26, 2019, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 26, 2019, 10:20:32 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 26, 2019, 09:59:47 AM
if the monies were raised  in the name of mayo Gaa .  then he should hand it over with out delay . these 3rds party organizations are unelected and unaccountable cannot  the policies of the GAA in a county just because they are now in possession of monies raised for Mayo gaa.
if he is making personal donations. that is different he can do as he like and out as many conditions on it as he likes .

They weren't.

He offered x for a training facility. A couple of years later no progress, but as I understand it they asked for the money anyway, he said no.

Hopefully this helps the message that some county boards couldn't run a bath and all the funding in the world wont change that
the Gala dinner in New York was very much sold as a Mayoo GAA event ,
Bad show now if he doesn't want to hand over the money now because hes not getting his own way ,
as the saying goes 'Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts'
Are you not confusing two things? New York cash was banked and spent. This guy promised additional bricks and mortar funding that Mayo never bothered following up on but asked for the money for current spending.

You don't know what you're talking about. Almost all of what you've said is incorrect - read the reports more carefully.

The Gala Event raised €160k after costs, all of which was spent. The €250k withheld is this guys personal contribution. Is that not accurate? He made a separate contribution of €50k for the running of the event, which was spent.

macdanger2

The amounts being spent on County teams are ridiculous, not sure how the GAA can reverse this though

Gmac

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 26, 2019, 04:38:59 PM
The amounts being spent on County teams are ridiculous, not sure how the GAA can reverse this though
90% of them are wasting their money too as they never win Anything .

Gmac

Roscommon received or are receiving significant contribution from one exile in the states and he seems happy to do it with little fanfare so there are people out there with lots of money who donate and every county should be after them .

Maroon Manc

Put a budget on it? 

I do think every county board should have a full time financial officer appointed by HQ, would make it a lot easier to police.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 26, 2019, 07:19:34 PM

Put a budget on it? 

I do think every county board should have a full time financial officer appointed by HQ, would make it a lot easier to police.

Centralised budgets run direct from Croke Park.

Hard to hide big payments on the side inside a comparatively limited county board budget (once the inter-county figures are removed).
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on September 26, 2019, 07:47:25 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 26, 2019, 07:19:34 PM

Put a budget on it? 

Centralised budgets run direct from Croke Park.

Hard to hide big payments on the side inside a comparatively limited county board budget (once the inter-county figures are removed).
so who do sponsors of individual counties pay Croke park or the county board ?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on September 26, 2019, 07:59:13 PM
so who do sponsors of individual counties pay Croke park or the county board ?
[/quote]

Croke. All centralised.

Central pot which is then divided equally among the counties.
i usse an speelchekor

weareros

Sounds like this Timothy O'Leary with his bags of money, turned on, tuned in, then dropped out.

Halfquarter

It's a race to hang onto Dublin's coat tails, never going to happen !

MayoBuck

We only know one side of the story at the minute but from Tim O'Leary's POV, he wants assurances that the remainder of the money will be invested in the academy squads or the Lough Lannagh training facility. He doesn't want it spent on some day to day costs, i.e. senior team expenses or the MacHale Park loan.

Why can't these assurances be provided? It would be interesting to hear what issues the county board has?

rosnarun

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 26, 2019, 11:38:37 PM
We only know one side of the story at the minute but from Tim O'Leary's POV, he wants assurances that the remainder of the money will be invested in the academy squads or the Lough Lannagh training facility. He doesn't want it spent on some day to day costs, i.e. senior team expenses or the MacHale Park loan.

Why can't these assurances be provided? It would be interesting to hear what issues the county board has?
this reminds me a bit of the Cat scan and dialysis machines   charities buy  for hospitals and then there is not the Staff to run them and they are left idle for years .
like it or not the County board are in charge of the GAA in Mayo and have to take an overall view of finances and not just vanity   Projects instigated by people who seem willing clear off at he first opportunity when they Don't get their own way.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

heffo

We seen similar in Kildare a few years ago with the guy who put up the apartment for Seanie - he wanted a vote on the county management committee. Are these people just driven by ego or is it inept fundamentals at the county board level?

dublin7

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 26, 2019, 11:38:37 PM

I would agree with this. He wanted too see plans for the centre of excellence to be built (which isn't unreasonable as he is paying for majority of it) and the county board seem to just telling him, ah sure it's grand don't worry about it. Seems reasonable enough to withhold funding based on this.