All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Zulu on April 15, 2017, 09:49:58 PM
I thought it was fine. Did he not lose control of the ball and then flick the loose ball into the net?

Yep, lost possession first.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Was at the Galway game. A fine performance.
For me a few things are clear from today. Connacht football is on the rise and Sligo could well be the 2nd best u21 team in the country. Ulster football is not what it was and is on the slide.
Well done Galway

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ck on April 15, 2017, 11:16:06 PM
For me a few things are clear from today. Connacht football is on the rise and Sligo could well be the 2nd best u21 team in the country. Ulster football is not what it was and is on the slide.
Well done Galway

Talking shite as usual.

Beffs

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 15, 2017, 06:06:36 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 15, 2017, 05:49:24 PM
Kerry young lads believing the shite propaganda from Spillane and Co about being the new golden generation. On the other hand Galway did the work on the pitch
These lads are not the kind to believe the hype, they've just had a bad day at the office - can happen the best. People will only jump at the chance to have a pop at a beaten Kerry team, I understand that, but these lads are outstanding footballers, and this might do them the power of good in the long run.

I've a horrible feeling you are right. A loss like today, could do them a world of good in the long run.

GalwayBayBoy

Well done Galway

Sligo are a very decent side. Their schools teams have been doing very well in Connacht in recent years. I think people  just saw Galway needing extra time to beat them and Kerry hammering Cork as Kerry being light years ahead of Galway. Maybe Sligo were a lot better than many people (especially outside Connacht) thought and Cork not nearly as good as people assumed they would be.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Beffs on April 15, 2017, 11:57:26 PM
Kerry young lads believing the shite propaganda from Spillane and Co about being the new golden generation. On the other hand Galway did the work on the pitch
These lads are not the kind to believe the hype, they've just had a bad day at the office - can happen the best. People will only jump at the chance to have a pop at a beaten Kerry team, I understand that, but these lads are outstanding footballers, and this might do them the power of good in the long run.

I've a horrible feeling you are right. A loss like today, could do them a world of good in the long run.
Grasp away at the straws. They got what they deserve from their effort. You might get three seniors out of them
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 16, 2017, 01:43:49 AM

Grasp away at the straws. They got what they deserve from their effort. You might get three seniors out of them

It's a bit harder to take the hype serious after they got played off the field by the poorest Galway side to win Connacht in at least 12 years, managed by someone no one in Galway had faith in to begin with. Far cry from the team that was supposed to have Dublin quaking in their boots at senior.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Syferus on April 16, 2017, 01:47:21 AM

It's a bit harder to take the hype serious after they got played off the field by the poorest Galway side to win Connacht in at least 12 years, managed by someone no one in Galway had faith in to begin with. Far cry from the team that was supposed to have Dublin quaking in their boots at senior.

I wouldn't be that negative about Galway today. They closedown the game well in the last ten minutes and didn't panic when Kerry got the goal.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 16, 2017, 01:57:47 AM

I wouldn't be that negative about Galway today. They closedown the game well in the last ten minutes and didn't panic when Kerry got the goal.

They're a fine side but the 2011 team destroyed everyone and the 2013 was loaded with 2011 holdovers and a top class FF line. That we should have beat in the CF, but that's another story..

Last four times Galway have won Connacht they've won the AI..

GalwayBayBoy

I'm not the biggest Gerry Fahy fan but that was always a talented Galway side. Just didn't think it would be quite good enough to beat a Kerry side backboned by 3 minor winning teams.

manfromdelmonte

When a big county like Galway have their structures right and good coaches involved with teams then they'll always be competitive
It is interesting the number of West Galway players who are prominent

ck

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 15, 2017, 11:56:40 PM
Well done Galway

Talking shite as usual.

How so? What have i said that you disagree with?

INDIANA

Well done Galway

Galway might be the second best team in the country yet.

Serious dent in confidence for Kerry and takes the wind out of their sails as regards Dublin regressing.

We aren't going anywhere

mrdeeds

Well done Galway

Or maybe Donegal were just bola#ed from too much football. A lot of their players played senior too.

INDIANA

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 16, 2017, 10:11:31 AM
Well done Galway

Or maybe Donegal were just bola#ed from too much football. A lot of their players played senior too.

donegal were definitely tired. dublin defence won't be as generous as kerry