All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on April 15, 2017, 05:36:52 PM
The Kerry players have let Jack down big-time.  ;D

It has been a bad week for the bollocks.

After last Sunday, I thought to myself the only Kerryman that might be less than happy with the victory would be him, now this.

Jinxy

Galway very wasteful at the same time.
Plenty of room to improve.
One thing's for sure though... they won't fear Dublin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Avondhu star

Kerry young lads believing the shite propaganda from Spillane and Co about being the new golden generation. On the other hand Galway did the work on the pitch
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Banter Panther

There goes Jack O'Connor's chance of managing the seniors again. In the long run this might be the best thing ever happened these players.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Syferus

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 15, 2017, 05:53:53 PM
There goes Jack O'Connor's chance of managing the seniors again. In the long run this might be the best thing ever happened these players.

Eh? Unless he steps down he's another shot next year. Dislike him as much as the next person but premature much?

dublin7

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 15, 2017, 05:49:24 PM
Kerry young lads believing the shite propaganda from Spillane and Co about being the new golden generation. On the other hand Galway did the work on the pitch

Galway were 8/9 points the better team.  Only poor finishing and the late Kerry goal kept it close.  Far better game than the 1st game with two teams who at least tried to play football.

Blowitupref

Flying start set the tone for Galway. Well done to Dublin and Galway two big underdogs coming into today's semi finals but both had their homework done and fully deserved their victories. It's shocks like that makes underage football so great pity the shock results are less likely at senior level nowadays.

First Galway v Dublin U21 final since 2002 I believe.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Banter Panther

Quote from: Syferus on April 15, 2017, 05:57:20 PM

Eh? Unless he steps down he's another shot next year. Dislike him as much as the next person but premature much?
I don't think you realise how badly this is going to go down in Kerry. It sounds harsh, it is harsh, but nothing less than an All-Ireland would have been expected.

GalwayBayBoy

From a Galway perspective and looking to the future we should get a good few seniors from this bunch. Daly has already made an impact at senior level. Cooke and McDaid look to have big futures. Thought Séan Andy Ó'Ceallaigh had a powerful game at full-back. Big, strong and athletic. Cein Darcy in midfield as well wasn't far behind Cooke. Rob Finnerty too although the poor lad had a shocker today. Molloy has a chance of making it too once he has a haircut.

Banter Panther

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 15, 2017, 05:49:24 PM
These lads are not the kind to believe the hype, they've just had a bad day at the office - can happen the best. People will only jump at the chance to have a pop at a beaten Kerry team, I understand that, but these lads are outstanding footballers, and this might do them the power of good in the long run.

ashman

A fella would have paid for the weekends porter and a nice meal with herself if he did a €20 double .

Syferus

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 15, 2017, 06:02:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 15, 2017, 05:57:20 PM

I don't think you realise how badly this is going to go down in Kerry. It sounds harsh, it is harsh, but nothing less than an All-Ireland would have been expected.

Kerry have always put little stock in underage AIs and if they did the minor AIs would be plenty of a fireguard for Jacko. You're coming for a strange place on this one.

Captain Obvious

Syferus like a minor rash is annoyance pity there is no cream to get rid of that yoke  ;D

Got both semi finals wrong and man enough to admit I was wrong. Kerry and Donegal poor on day but that shouldn't take away from Galway and Dublin who fully deserved their wins. I agree with the above Galway have plenty of strong athletic players that should be top senior footballers in the years ahead. Hopefully the last ever U21 final is one remember a real shame this grade is coming to its conclusion and replaced by diluted version.

seafoid

So much for the bookies. Galway have 5 or 6 class players.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 15, 2017, 06:27:49 PM
Syferus like a minor rash is annoyance pity there is no cream to get rid of that yoke  ;D

Got both semi finals wrong and man enough to admit I was wrong. Kerry and Donegal poor on day but that shouldn't take away from Galway and Dublin who fully deserved their wins. I agree with the above Galway have plenty of strong athletic players that should be top senior footballers in the years ahead. Hopefully the last ever U21 final is one remember a real shame this grade is coming to its conclusion and replaced by diluted version.

The big man who gets the digs in first. Maybe time for a name change? Captain Go with the Prevailing Wind? Maybe Captain Wind for short?