All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Kerry have reached the pitch of the game better and look like they could do damage in the second half. Be interesting to see if Galway play lots of bodies back in the second half as I don't think they can keep Kerry at bay if they play conventional enough.

Syferus

Quote from: longballin on April 15, 2017, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 15, 2017, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 14, 2017, 05:14:13 PM
Quote from: StephenC on April 14, 2017, 09:39:28 AM
If only there were 2 massive games being played tomorrow to distract us all from this pearl-clutching.

Donegal are (surprisingly IMO) slight favourites on PP. 4/6 vs 13/8 for Dublin. 15/2 the draw.
Kerry are 7/1 on which seems crazy versus a decent Galway team. I know that this is an exceptional Kerry team but those odds seem mad.

Both games are on TG4
Dublin v Donegal 2.30pm in Breffni Park
Kerry v Galway 4.30pm in Cusack Park Ennis.

I gave the semi finals fixtures and venues on page 41 of this thread.

Donegal favourites isn't a surprise. Dublin are not at the level of their 2012,2014 U21 teams and if you do decent marking job on O'Callaghan you will go a long way to beating them. This is the best Donegal U21 team since 2010 only thing going against them is having to play this semi final so soon after the Ulster final.

In the other semi final the way Galway are written off might fire them up to produce a top performance they haven't showed thus far but I think Jack O Connor will be too cute to any ambush.

lol

Most people would have thought the same...

Donegal and Dublin were neck and neck three years ago at minor and Dublin have an U21 set-up swimming in money. You do the math. There's not been a Dublin team that wasn't fully capable of winning the AI since at least 2009 imho. Production line stuff.

Connacht U21 has been at a pretty high level consistently for the last decade. This year alone Leitrim and Sligo were near matches for that Galway side but people wrote it off as Galway being shite rather than looking at previous years and seeing close games in Connacht are common place and don't reflect a team's capability of challenging for the AI. Just the the other provinces get the hype machines behind them, which really matters for nothing at underage.

What about them bookies, eh Cunny Funt?

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GalwayBayBoy

Galway 8 up at the break (probably should be at least 12). Significant enough breeze so far from over.

The usually reliable Rob Finnerty is having a day to forget. Could easily have had 2-1.

Cunny Funt

If only there were 2 massive games being played tomorrow to distract us all from this pearl-clutching.

Donegal are (surprisingly IMO) slight favourites on PP. 4/6 vs 13/8 for Dublin. 15/2 the draw.
Kerry are 7/1 on which seems crazy versus a decent Galway team. I know that this is an exceptional Kerry team but those odds seem mad.

Both games are on TG4

Donegal favourites isn't a surprise. Dublin are not at the level of their 2012,2014 U21 teams and if you do decent marking job on O'Callaghan you will go a long way to beating them. This is the best Donegal U21 team since 2010 only thing going against them is having to play this semi final so soon after the Ulster final.

In the other semi final the way Galway are written off might fire them up to produce a top performance they haven't showed thus far but I think Jack O Connor will be too cute to any ambush.

lol

Syferus with is fabulous hindsight thoughts expected from a WUM like him.

macdanger2

Quote from: Estimator on April 15, 2017, 03:11:10 PM
Strange that the ref allowed the Dublin No20 to come in and contest the 'up ball' when the nominated players were Dublin No19 and Donegal No33

The amount of refs who don't seem to know this rule is unbelievable. Dublin got away with one in the drawn final last year. It's not like it's a difficult infringement to detect.

GalwayBayBoy

Kerry have a goal before the TV pictures are even back Jaysus.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 15, 2017, 05:09:21 PM

Both games are on TG4

lol

Syferus with is fabulous hindsight thoughts expected from a WUM like him.

The only one who sounds wound up here is you..

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 15, 2017, 05:14:54 PM
Kerry have a goal before the TV pictures are even back Jaysus.
What was going on there? Should the goal have been allowed??

Interesting game now 20 mins to play Kerry 1-6 Galway 1-11
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Didn't even see the Kerry goal. Some saying it should have been disallowed alright.

Jinxy

Finnerty could have settled it there.
He has the father's curls!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on April 15, 2017, 05:24:54 PM
Finnerty could have settled it there.
He has the father's curls!

He has wasted a ton of scoring opportunities today

GalwayBayBoy

Cooke and Darcy in midfield for Galway are both having stormers.

Jinxy

Kerry midfielder gone on a 2nd yellow.
That seemed very harsh to me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu