All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on April 15, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
Is the short turnaround much of a factor here?

More to do with turning back to your own goals.

maigheo

No 11 and 12 very good for Dublin but overall a disappointing game with Dublin always in control

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Jinxy on April 15, 2017, 03:25:06 PM
Exactly.
It always bugs me when the team playing Donegal are apportioned an equal share of the blame for how soul-destroying the game is.
If Dublin were playing Kerry or Galway it would be completely different.

I'd give Dublin the benefit of the doubt if Farrell wasn't managing. I remember being at the Dublin Meath minor final in 2012 and it was awful defensive stuff from both teams. The finals in the previous years had been good open games but that year 2012 two Leinster teams brought a real defensive attitude to croke park.

maigheo

Basquil very disappionting for Dublin.For a player who was close to making the senior team he has regressed quite a lot

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jinxy on April 15, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
Is the short turnaround much of a factor here?

Hasn't helped. Donegal were terrible on the day, failing to score for 25 minutes and only scoring 9 points in total. Dublin were nothing special but good value for their margin of victory.

dublin7

Quote from: maigheo on April 15, 2017, 03:48:01 PM
No 11 and 12 very good for Dublin but overall a disappointing game with Dublin always in control

Any game involving Donegal is horrible to watch. Like watching a bad game of basketball. How anyone could watch that s***e every game is beyond me. Donegal refused to kick the ball even with a strong breeze behind them in the 1st half. Not a great Dublin team but at least they try to play football.

Whatever about senior level, but to see such defensive set ups at underage is a joke. Someone in Donegal co board needs to grow a pair and put a stop to such negative tactics at underage.

skeog

Standard in Ulster has dropped which is very worrying.

Throw ball

At half time in Ulster final I posted how crap football is and got slated. Be prepared for a backlash!
On saying that to play the way they do you have to be at peak fitness. Being the 3rd game in 11 days cannot have helped them. Add the that the number that played national league.

The Hill is Blue

With Kerry and Galway about to lock horns will the two Spillane cousins be meeting in the final?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Throw ball on April 15, 2017, 04:07:00 PM
At half time in Ulster final I posted how crap football is and got slated. Be prepared for a backlash!
On saying that to play the way they do you have to be at peak fitness. Being the 3rd game in 11 days cannot have helped them. Add the that the number that played national league.
A number of the Donegal players looked leg weary today alright. Rory Gallagher overpaying U21s eventually caught up with them today.

on the hop

Quote from: dublin7 on April 15, 2017, 03:54:33 PM
Quote from: maigheo on April 15, 2017, 03:48:01 PM

Any game involving Donegal is horrible to watch. Like watching a bad game of basketball. How anyone could watch that s***e every game is beyond me. Donegal refused to kick the ball even with a strong breeze behind them in the 1st half. Not a great Dublin team but at least they try to play football.

Whatever about senior level, but to see such defensive set ups at underage is a joke. Someone in Donegal co board needs to grow a pair and put a stop to such negative tactics at underage.

Dublin played with a lot of men behind the ball as well,

Cunny Funt

Zulu

We have a football match on our hands here.

Cunny Funt

Flying start for Galway. 1-7 to 0-1 ahead 10 mins gone.

Zulu