All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: StephenC on April 14, 2017, 09:39:28 AM
If only there were 2 massive games being played tomorrow to distract us all from this pearl-clutching.

Donegal are (surprisingly IMO) slight favourites on PP. 4/6 vs 13/8 for Dublin. 15/2 the draw.
Kerry are 7/1 on which seems crazy versus a decent Galway team. I know that this is an exceptional Kerry team but those odds seem mad.

Both games are on TG4
Dublin v Donegal 2.30pm in Breffni Park
Kerry v Galway 4.30pm in Cusack Park Ennis.

I gave the semi finals fixtures and venues on page 41 of this thread.

Donegal favourites isn't a surprise. Dublin are not at the level of their 2012,2014 U21 teams and if you do decent marking job on O'Callaghan you will go a long way to beating them. This is the best Donegal U21 team since 2010 only thing going against them is having to play this semi final so soon after the Ulster final.

In the other semi final the way Galway are written off might fire them up to produce a top performance they haven't showed thus far but I think Jack O Connor will be too cute to any ambush.

Jinxy

If you're from Kerry and your name is Tom O'Sullivan, you are legally required to play corner back only.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on April 14, 2017, 08:57:03 PM
If you're from Kerry and your name is Tom O'Sullivan, you are legally required to play corner back only.
They also have a Spillane from Templenoe .  I expect him to play with intinsity. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mayoaremagic

Expect Kerry to give Galway a good trimming. Only 10/1 for Kerry to win by 16 points or more. Kerry love play Galway as they play open traditional football and fear Kerry. Expect to win by 20+. Could do with a tough game going into final against Donegal

Winning Margin   Hide
Kerry U21 1-3 pts 10/3   
Kerry U21 4-6 pts 10/3   
Kerry U21 7-9 pts 7/2   
Kerry U21 10-12 pts 11/2   
Kerry U21 13-15 pts 17/2   
Kerry U21 16 pts or more 10/1

GalwayBayBoy

The last time Galway and Kerry played each other at U-21 level was the 2002 All-Ireland semi-final. Colm Cooper and Declan O'Sullivan started for Kerry that day.

Result Galway 0-17 Kerry 2-6

Strangely enough I can't remember that game for the life of me. Just saw it was mentioned in the paper today. I have no memory of it at all.

Although it was obviously a very handy Galway side as they subsequently hammered Dublin in the final. I was at that game.

bannside

GalwayBayBoy

Con O'Callaghan black carded after 3 minutes. Jaysus.

Cunny Funt

Dublins best player gone after 3 minutes to a black card. A yellow was surely a more sensible option by the ref?

Rossfan

Donegal very inaccurate.
Dublin more direct going forward.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Donegal have been terrible in the opening twenty minutes if they don't wake up soon this contest will be over.

DuffleKing

Walter Cronc

GalwayBayBoy

Not the greatest game of football to say the least.

Black card was technically the right decision under the rules but really a yellow card would have sufficed there. It was more clumsy than cynical.

Zulu

Jinxy

Is this just the way Donegal play now?
At all levels?
Forever?
If you were any use you'd be playing.