All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Some goal! What a run and control by Brennan!

Il Bomber Destro

Cracking half of football.

McGee is a monster of a young lad.

Great stuff from Brennan for the goal.

Niall Keenan and McGuigan have been excellent for Derry.

Derry slightly unfortunate to find themselves 4 down, magic stuff from Brennan though.

twohands!!!

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 10, 2017, 08:32:30 PM
Some goal! What a run and control by Brennan!

No substitute for pace.

Last Derry defender made a bad choice to leave Connor unmarked - made the finish very easy for him.

Was very little between the two up until then - maybe Donegal looked a smidge better but the goal immediately followed by the point put Donegal in the box seat now.

Throw ball

No harm to you all but that is not cracking football. Donegal have pace and strength and are catching Derry on the break. This crap of playing everyone behind the ball will destroy the game.

omagh_gael

This looks like a cracking Donegal team, hard to believe that Tyrone should have dumped them out first day out in Omagh if Meenagh had have taken a certain point instead of going for goal!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Throw ball on April 10, 2017, 08:38:43 PM
No harm to you all but that is not cracking football. Donegal have pace and strength and are catching Derry on the break. This crap of playing everyone behind the ball will destroy the game.

There's been some excellent scores and played at a great tempo.

1-15 between two sides in an even 30 minute a side half is very good going.

Captain Obvious

A goal and point before the break gives Donegal a four point lead at half time.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2017, 08:39:54 PM

There's been some excellent scores and played at a great tempo.

1-15 between two sides in an even 30 minute a side half is very good going.

I thought some of the marking overall was a bit loose especially in terms of pressure on the shooter. The intensity was a little below what I expected, but overall a very enjoyable watch.

However watching a game of ball on Monday is a rare treat - Could get used to it.

Captain Obvious

Derry not helping themselves with the amount of basic errors they are making in this second half.

GalwayBayBoy

Donegal strolling it now. Some quality sides left in the U-21 championship this year. The Dubs might actually be the weakest of the four left but hard to judge. No doubt Kerry and Donegal will be big favourites next Saturday though.

BluestackBoy

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Cunny Funt

Like Dublin in the Leinster final or Kerry in the Munster final that was a very comfortable provincial final win for Donegal. The four favourites won their provincial titles which goes to show again that bookies don't ride around on bicycles.

The 2014 minor All Ireland final was Kerry v Donegal it shouldn't come as any surprise if that's the same U21 final pairing in a few weeks.

BluestackBoy

The crap of putting up posts like this is what is killing me.

Any game that has over 30 scores is fine by me & I suspect it is fine with the vast majority of GAA people.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Il Bomber Destro

Donegal are a serious side.

Physically they are huge for an u21 squad, will Gillespie make the semi final?