All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Cavan team has a history of bottlers and so it proves again. Embarrassing score line.

J70

ardchieftain

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

angermanagement

So do the Ulster Council fix the final for Omagh and risk another postponement.

Maybe best if teams tossed for home advantage.

drici

Monday night (10th April) for the Final it seems.
Don't be picking prone to water pitches for Semi Finals.
(Won't happen again anyway.)

screenexile

Walter Cronc

Jesus SE you couldn't ask Donegal to come to Belfast. I think they'd prefer Celtic park or Owenbeg to the Dub. Likely be in Brewster.

Maroon Manc

Very impressive result from Donegal, how many of those u21's would expect to be in the starting 15 come the summer?

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 06, 2017, 10:07:19 AM
Very impressive result from Donegal, how many of those u21's would expect to be in the starting 15 come the summer?

Hard to know how many will start but 16 of them featured at some stage during the league campaign & I'd say 5 or 6 of them would be nailed on starters with a number more on the bench.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

macdanger2

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 06, 2017, 10:29:58 AM

Hard to know how many will start but 16 of them featured at some stage during the league campaign & I'd say 5 or 6 of them would be nailed on starters with a number more on the bench.

That's a seriously young team, will be interesting to see how they fare come the summer. On a somewhat related note, I was listening to the Crossmaglen piece on OTB podcast from last week - ten of their 1997 team were U21.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: BluestackBoy on April 06, 2017, 10:29:58 AM

Blimey, that would be some going. Galway at most will only have one u21 starting come the summer and I'm not convinced Michael Daly is a certain starter. tg4 will be showing the Ulster final online, when is it?

Fuzzman

And we were all wondering was it crazy for Donegal to play their U21s in the McKenna cup and so many in the league.

Estimator

Looks like the U21 final is set for Armagh on Monday night.
Ulster League Champions 2009