All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Galway the better side kicked 10 scores and kicked 9 wides. Mayo hanging there the goal a real lifeline.

GalwayBayBoy

Very similar to the minor game 3 years ago so far. Galway totally dominant for most of the first half but very wasteful as well. Mayo then get a couple scores including a goal just before the break to leave only 2 between the sides.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

maigheo

2.13 to 1.09.Hard to see a way back for mayo;13 min to go

Blowitupref

Bad error on that 2nd Galway goal. Galway should close the game out now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

The favourites live up to their expectations.  Galway 2-13 Mayo 1-10. Straight red for James Kelly of Mayo late on.

Cunny Funt

Bad tempered poor second half. Galway good value for their 6 point win.

Galway football taking over in Connacht again? Connacht minor champions 2015,16,Connacht senior champions 2016,Corofin the best senior club in Connacht and now they should add a Connacht U21 title to their recent honours list.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 25, 2017, 06:39:04 PM
Bad tempered poor second half. Galway good value for their 6 point win.

Galway football taking over in Connacht again? Connacht minor champions 2015,16,Connacht senior champions 2016,Corofin the best senior club in Connacht and now they should add a Connacht U21 title to their recent honours list.

Minors beat Mayo as well today before the U-21s. Only the league though. Yeah given the quality of the recent minor sides, Galway maybe look set for a period of dominance at underage in the province. Then again Sligo might have something to say about that next week. Plus these things tend to go in swings and roundabouts. Not so long ago we went 5 full years without winning a single minor game in the province.

Peter Cooke got motm today for those wondering.

galwayman

This crew (lads who were minor 3 years ago) showed a lot of promise all the way up.
The two Galway teams played each other in the 2012 u16 Ted Webb final.
By the time they reached minor the star forwards on each of those teams - Ryan Manning from Claregalway (now with QPR) & Padraic Cunningham from Headford (Galway United) had been lost to soccer.
I was at that Mayo minor game in 2014 and Galway should have been out the gate by the time Daly was sent off.
It would be nice to see them win Connacht now though Sligo will not be an easy game.

moysider

With a couple of notable exceptions Mayo underage has been ordinary for quite a while now.

sligoman2

Anyone know where the Connacht final will be played?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

GalwayBayBoy

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2017, 09:03:37 AM
I hear it's Saturday 6pm in Markiewicz.
That's correct. Minors on before it.

sligoman2

Our u21 team might be better than our senior team based on the result today.

Best of luck lads, what a boost a win would be for us.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.