All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

The great run of good Ros U21 teams has come to an end in this last year of the grade.
Sligo deserved their win tonight in a game of 2 average sides.
A 3rd quarter scoring burst of 1-7 against our 2 points put them on the high road but they were stuttery enough when we tried to salvage the game in the last ten.
Impressed by Sligo's no 8.
We paid the price of cut price penny pinching.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: ck on March 23, 2017, 01:08:15 AM
Quote from: sligoman2 on March 22, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
Like I said you never know.  Sligo win by a goal.  6 minutes of extra time played?

Great call CK. 

Any comments or betting advice syf?

Thanks!!
. Not sure who manages Roscommon but they werent overly well set up.
And nice poor oul devil called Aidan  Dockery. I won't go into details here but the whole set up was fairly amateurish.

ck

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2017, 09:25:47 PM
Roscmmion football is at low tide this spring to say the least. Been a long time now since I've seen a primrose team win a match.

Basic errors, particularly when it came to kicking and when to kick let us down. Not unlike two years ago at minor against the same. Can't be too surprised by the result but this and the form of the minors indicating they may not do much better should serve as a wake up call to the CB about penny pinching at the grades that were the platform for most of our best players to be developed.

I was pulling the piss out of CK's confidence but this was always going to be a touch-and-go match. Well done to Sligo. They'll be up against it in the final but you never know. It would be some time for them to win their first and last U21 Connacht title.

I accept your apology Syferous.  8)
Tonight was no flash in the pan. A lot of good work has gone into this team. We have beaten big scalps already this year including Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal twice!

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2017, 01:14:27 AM
Like I said you never know.  Sligo win by a goal.  6 minutes of extra time played?

Great call CK. 

Thanks!!
And nice poor oul devil called Aidan  Dockery. I won't go into details here but the whole set up was fairly amateurish.

Sure the CB set the tone. Lots of candidates walked when they heard the draconian budgeting the CB wanted them to accept. Wouldn't attach too much blame to the poor fecker who had the thankless job of dealing with them. Management team included experienced heads like Wally Burke so it's not like they were useless.

sligoman2

I think Roscommon only scored one point from play in the second half - can't figure out if or backs are great or just prefer to give away frees.

Was someone injured in the second half?  I didn't hear anything on the radio. If they kept switching over to the Longford match.  6 minutes is a huge amount of extra time to play and I was afraid the ref was trying to steal it from us.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on March 23, 2017, 01:58:59 AM

Great call CK. 

Thanks!!

Sure the CB set the tone. Lots of candidates walked when they heard the draconian budgeting the CB wanted them to accept. Wouldn't attach too much blame to the poor fecker who had the thankless job of dealing with them. Management team included experienced heads like Wally Burke so it's not like they were useless.
They still got a nice night out in Monaghan though a weeks ago....the video of about 5 of the team getting decked by one local lad outside the nightclub is hilarious, county board could definitely make a few bob selling the rights to it.

Rossfan

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 23, 2017, 02:05:04 AM
I think Roscommon only scored one point from play in the second half - can't figure out if or backs are great or just prefer to give away frees.

Was someone injured in the second half?  I didn't hear anything on the radio. If they kept switching over to the Longford match.  6 minutes is a huge amount of extra time to play and I was afraid the ref was trying to steal it from us.
Our goalie was injured when Sligo got the goal but that only took a minute or so. There was a hold up when we lost a free over some schemozzling over on the terrace side.
Most were amazed at the 6 minutes but aren't Refs adding on time for substitutions now?  There were 11 or 12 of them.

Rudi

Quote from: ballinaman on March 23, 2017, 08:43:31 AM

Great call CK. 

Thanks!!

They still got a nice night out in Monaghan though a weeks ago....the video of about 5 of the team getting decked by one local lad outside the nightclub is hilarious, county board could definitely make a few bob selling the rights to it.

Another Mayo man kicking us when we are down. Is it any wonder we laugh when Mayo fail miserably in another All Ireland Final.

FarneyMan

[/quote]

Link!?

Maroon Manc

Great call CK. 

Thanks!!
I had seen both teams and Sligo were miles ahead in terms of gameplan. Not sure who manages Roscommon but they werent overly well set up. Sligo will test Mayo

really?

ballinaman

Quote from: Rudi on March 23, 2017, 11:27:20 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 23, 2017, 08:43:31 AM

Great call CK. 

Thanks!!

Another Mayo man kicking us when we are down. Is it any wonder we laugh when Mayo fail miserably in another All Ireland Final.
I'll whatsapp you the video....it'll cheer you up.

Rudi

Man Marker

Quote from: Rudi on March 23, 2017, 02:09:33 PM
A ride wouldn't cheer me up today  :(

if you got the right woman who knows what she is doing, I would argue it would do more than cheer you up

Cunny Funt

Not sure what players get up to in their private time has to do with this thread ballinaman.

Not a surprise to see Sligo win last night I called it months ago eventhough Syferus disagreed giving the final kiss of death. Like the seniors Roscommon had many of their better players watching this game instead of playing it. Yes injury prevented plenty from playing but others opted out or bizarrely weren't given starts or even named on the 24.

Well done Sligo on reaching the final I'd say that was their target at the beginning of the year. Next they face All Ireland contender and if it's Mayo they will be full strength and fully focused unlike the North west cup and Galway on the other hand beat Sligo comfortably at minor level 3 years ago and gave them a trimming in the 2015 minor final.

Syferus

Minor final of 2015 went to a replay. Tut tut.