All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on March 16, 2017, 07:18:41 PM
QuoteThe sidelines had Brian Dooher running in front of the Donegal kickout

You're talking about thee Brian Dooher? the player for the ages? the once masterly gaa player Dooher, now reduced to being told to run in front of the opposition kick outs?
That's how once in a millennium legends are treated in Tyrone?  How the mighty are humiliated by being ordered to enact such a cheap and obvious trick.

A county of cynics has no room for sentimentalism.

reddgnhand

You're talking about thee Brian Dooher? the player for the ages? the once masterly gaa player Dooher, now reduced to being told to run in front of the opposition kick outs?
That's how once in a millennium legends are treated in Tyrone?  How the mighty are humiliated by being ordered to enact such a cheap and obvious trick.

I thought Monaghan's dick had retired.

ONeill

Quote from: RedHandTom on March 16, 2017, 05:27:36 PM
As someone who was actually at the game maybe a few facts would be useful instead of the exaggeration and speculation included in previous posts.

Firstly, the game was played in great spirit and in a very sporting manner. There were two black cards. Both Tyrone.
The sidelines had Brian Dooher running in front of the Donegal kickout which was dealt with quickly by the officials. I would never condone these types of antics. On the Donegal side there was definitely something going on here. Balls were coming in from behind the goals as keeper was taking his kickout. From where I was it looked like kids but hard to tell. What I can state was the final Tyrone attack was met by two mystery balls rolled on by their water man around the 20m line. It was ignored by the ref and didn't impact on play however this is poor and unsporting behaviour. Yes Tyrone also kicked a ball down into an attack to their keeper for quick kickout at one stage but it looked very innocent.

Jesus Christ they're hiring kids now to do their underhand stuff.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on March 16, 2017, 10:26:28 PM
Quote from: RedHandTom on March 16, 2017, 05:27:36 PM
As someone who was actually at the game maybe a few facts would be useful instead of the exaggeration and speculation included in previous posts.

Firstly, the game was played in great spirit and in a very sporting manner. There were two black cards. Both Tyrone.
The sidelines had Brian Dooher running in front of the Donegal kickout which was dealt with quickly by the officials. I would never condone these types of antics. On the Donegal side there was definitely something going on here. Balls were coming in from behind the goals as keeper was taking his kickout. From where I was it looked like kids but hard to tell. What I can state was the final Tyrone attack was met by two mystery balls rolled on by their water man around the 20m line. It was ignored by the ref and didn't impact on play however this is poor and unsporting behaviour. Yes Tyrone also kicked a ball down into an attack to their keeper for quick kickout at one stage but it looked very innocent.

Jesus Christ they're hiring kids now to do their underhand stuff.

Best to start 'em young! ;) ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

A county of cynics has no room for sentimentalism.
I still can't quite get the picture of that insult to one of the greatest captains ever to grace the modern game. It's just beyond the pale.The great, the legendary Brian Dooher, now reduced to the ignominy of being ordered to run out in front of the kick out as part of a tactic in order to gain a cynical advantage.

skeog

Brian Dooher is a fine motivator and nobody tells a man of his professional ability what to do.Over hyped nonsense game was played in a competitive but fair manner.Looking forward to the replay.

RedHandTom

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 17, 2017, 10:45:10 AM
The Armagh captain is only after getting released from Jail after last night. Young rafferty is in a serious hanlin'.

What happened the lad?

Jinxy

Great to see Brian Dooher still has the energy to cover every blade of grass on the field.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Great to see tg4 will be showing all 4 provincial finals online for everyone in Ireland those of us who are overseas, at least one of the broadcasters are listening to his audience.

sligoman2

Any news on the sligo or roscommon teams for tomorrow nights game.  I'm assuming Roscommon are heavy favorites- but you never know.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Gaffer

TeamtalkMag not allowed to do radio commentary of the Tyrone/Donegal replay tomorrow night. 😡😡
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rossfan

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 21, 2017, 10:06:53 PM
Any news on the sligo or roscommon teams for tomorrow nights game.  I'm assuming Roscommon are heavy favorites- but you never know.
No word that I heard anyway. Ros missing a few better players through long term injuries. Also some lads can't commit and lack of funds means Sligo at 7/4 are v good odds for those of ye who are into betting.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2017, 01:03:20 AM
Quote from: sligoman2 on March 21, 2017, 10:06:53 PM
No word that I heard anyway. Ros missing a few better players through long term injuries. Also some lads can't commit and lack of funds means Sligo at 7/4 are v good odds for those of ye who are into betting.

You're a bad bastàrd to be trying to get people to waste money on a losing proposition.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on December 22, 2016, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 22, 2016, 07:12:27 PM
Two of Roscommons best minors of 2014 was Luke Carty and Noel Gately. Carty has been lost to rugby and Gately injured his ACL twice.

Gately should be fit for the Hastings let alone the championship.

Am i right in saying Gately didn't play in the hastings and won't play in the championship.

twohands!!!

13 minutes before there was a score in the Dublin v Longford game.

a Point a piece after 16 minutes both from frees. Sounds like cracking stuff.