All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

You have to laugh at Tyrone people complaining about cynical Donegal tactics when the whole country knows Tyrone are the kings of cynicism!!

tiempo

Quote from: reddgnhand on March 16, 2017, 11:05:11 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2017, 10:50:18 AM
Quote from: lenny on March 16, 2017, 07:31:06 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 16, 2017, 05:34:01 AM
Watched the game on Periscope so don't take this as gospel. However in thr last Tyrone attack of ET did I see right? Tyrone attacking and the Donegal sideline boot 2 or 3 balls onto the field to disrupt the attack?
No wonder the management team are despised in their own County.

Have to say that's disgusting behaviour. I have said before the ref should have the power to punish cynical play by awarding a 20m free in front of the goals and for cynical play preventing a goal he should award a penalty. The donegal sideline would not have behaved in this manner if they thought it would be punished in the form of a simple free kick in front of goals. The way to punish cynicism is on the scoreboard.

Is it any worse than the craic Tyrone U21s and minors do be at? I remember in the 2013 minor AISF when when we had a kickout late on the Tyrone buckeen came up and kicked away the goalie's kickout just to delay the game ala Donaghy.

Those in glass houses..

Take a day off would ye?

Awful voyeur streak about the shires of Roscommon.

Nice bus though.

scout

Knew looking at the team that started, wouldnt be too long for a few boys to be found out and get the hook. No idea why it takes to the first competitive game for this to be the case.

McLernon, McNabb both should be starting from what i can see. Podge McAnenly?? another that has more to offer. Thought midfield was quite poor. and Lee Brennan really was poor, bar few frees. No surprise why he's barely featured for tyrone, despite being in the squad for nearly 4 years. DD Mulgrew looked twice the player imo.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Suffering Syferus and his usual verbal syphilis. Still, where would we be without his comical contributions :) ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 16, 2017, 01:01:00 PM
Suffering Syferus and his usual verbal syphilis. Still, where would we be without his comical contributions :) ;)

Ad hominem nonsense.

If you're disagreeing and saying the ladeen didn't kick the ball away you're a liar, if you're not you're admitting vilifying other teams for the doing the same thing is a little hypocritical.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2017, 01:07:09 PM

As hominem nonsense. If you're disagreeing the ladeen didn't kick the ball away you're a liar, if you're not you're admitting about other teams doing the same thing is a little nonsensical.

Your apples and oranges nonsensical contribution in comparing the actions of a player on the park and a management team on the sidelines is par for your crazy course.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Itchy

Quote from: Gaffer on March 16, 2017, 07:26:04 AM
Watched the game on Periscope so don't take this as gospel. However in thr last Tyrone attack of ET did I see right? Tyrone attacking and the Donegal sideline boot 2 or 3 balls onto the field to disrupt the attack?

Correct.

I wasnt at the last Tyrone v Cavan match in the league but I was told that Cavans kick outs were excellent in 1st half and poor in the 2nd and that one reason for that was whenever Cavan had a kick out 2 balls were thrown onto the field by Tyrone to slow the kicks down. Anyone see that? Maybe its a new tactic, pretty cynical stuff and ref needs to deal with it.

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 16, 2017, 01:09:56 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2017, 01:07:09 PM

As hominem nonsense. If you're disagreeing the ladeen didn't kick the ball away you're a liar, if you're not you're admitting about other teams doing the same thing is a little nonsensical.

Your apples and oranges nonsensical contribution in comparing the actions of a player on the park and a management team on the sidelines is par for your crazy course.
This is one way to handle Devlin, Tyrone's mad bulldog on the sidelines  ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2017, 01:25:23 PM

Correct.

I wasnt at the last Tyrone v Cavan match in the league but I was told that Cavans kick outs were excellent in 1st half and poor in the 2nd and that one reason for that was whenever Cavan had a kick out 2 balls were thrown onto the field by Tyrone to slow the kicks down. Anyone see that? Maybe its a new tactic, pretty cynical stuff and ref needs to deal with it.

Somebody clearly forgot their glasses that day as this didn't occur once. First question is why would Tyrone sidelinw being throwing a ball on for a restart when keepers have a supply of balls behind the net?

mrdeeds

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 16, 2017, 03:57:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2017, 01:25:23 PM

Correct.

Somebody clearly forgot their glasses that day as this didn't occur once. First question is why would Tyrone sidelinw being throwing a ball on for a restart when keepers have a supply of balls behind the net?

It did happen but must have being someone from crowd and happened in both halves at same goals. Affected Galligan a good few times.

greatpoint

Sorry to burst the Throne ciorcaljerk but this isn't accurate.

Tyrone were going forward and there was a ball kicked in to the goalkeeper for the quick kickout.

Syferus

Quote from: greatpoint on March 16, 2017, 04:33:50 PM

Tyrone were going forward and there was a ball kicked in to the goalkeeper for the quick kickout.

Oh dear.

The Bearded One

Quote from: greatpoint on March 16, 2017, 04:33:50 PM

Horseshit. Both balls were kicked into play, the keeper had two balls at the post.
It is what it is. Presumably.

RedHandTom

As someone who was actually at the game maybe a few facts would be useful instead of the exaggeration and speculation included in previous posts.

Firstly, the game was played in great spirit and in a very sporting manner. There were two black cards. Both Tyrone.
The sidelines had Brian Dooher running in front of the Donegal kickout which was dealt with quickly by the officials. I would never condone these types of antics. On the Donegal side there was definitely something going on here. Balls were coming in from behind the goals as keeper was taking his kickout. From where I was it looked like kids but hard to tell. What I can state was the final Tyrone attack was met by two mystery balls rolled on by their water man around the 20m line. It was ignored by the ref and didn't impact on play however this is poor and unsporting behaviour. Yes Tyrone also kicked a ball down into an attack to their keeper for quick kickout at one stage but it looked very innocent.

Main Street

QuoteThe sidelines had Brian Dooher running in front of the Donegal kickout

You're talking about thee Brian Dooher? the player for the ages? the once masterly gaa player Dooher, now reduced to being told to run in front of the opposition kick outs?
That's how once in a millennium legends are treated in Tyrone?  How the mighty are humiliated by being ordered to enact such a cheap and obvious trick.