All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Main Street on March 15, 2017, 10:14:46 PM
Sounds like the Tyrone goal phobia has gone viral.

It appears the Monaghan being defeated virus has spread to the u21s, too. ;)

J70

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 15, 2017, 08:45:05 PM
Tyrone 0-04 Donegal 0-05. Donegal well on top and have had (I think) 10 wides in first half. Tyrone been much more efficient in front of posts but need a significantly better second half.

On another note, Donegal made 7 changes to their named team prior to throw in. What sort of shite is that?

So were the injured lads named in the team and didn't play?

Or did it turn out they were not injured or made late recoveries and so did line out?

Norf Tyrone

Watched the game on Periscope so don't take this as gospel. However in thr last Tyrone attack of ET did I see right? Tyrone attacking and the Donegal sideline boot 2 or 3 balls onto the field to disrupt the attack?
No wonder the management team are despised in their own County.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

reddgnhand

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 16, 2017, 05:34:01 AM
Watched the game on Periscope so don't take this as gospel. However in thr last Tyrone attack of ET did I see right? Tyrone attacking and the Donegal sideline boot 2 or 3 balls onto the field to disrupt the attack?

Yes fair play to the ref for letting play continue.

Gaffer

Correct.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

lenny

Have to say that's disgusting behaviour. I have said before the ref should have the power to punish cynical play by awarding a 20m free in front of the goals and for cynical play preventing a goal he should award a penalty. The donegal sideline would not have behaved in this manner if they thought it would be punished in the form of a simple free kick in front of goals. The way to punish cynicism is on the scoreboard.

thewobbler

Quote from: lenny on March 16, 2017, 07:31:06 AM

Have to say that's disgusting behaviour. I have said before the ref should have the power to punish cynical play by awarding a 20m free in front of the goals and for cynical play preventing a goal he should award a penalty. The donegal sideline would not have behaved in this manner if they thought it would be punished in the form of a simple free kick in front of goals. The way to punish cynicism is on the scoreboard.

There's currently dozens of jumped up managers in club and county teams across the country scratching their chins and wondering when best to use this "tactic".

Donegal Management team should be banned from entering the ground for the replay.

Needs knocked on its head.

Champion The Wonder Horse

One they may have learned from the Tyrone senior management. First time I saw such behaviour was last year in Celtic Park.

vallankumous

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on March 16, 2017, 08:10:37 AM

One they may have learned from the Tyrone senior management. First time I saw such behaviour was last year in Celtic Park.

I seen it elsewhere the day before.

Fuzzman

What sort of a match was it lads. I was just following the scores on Twitter.
I mean was it very defensive and tense as there never seemed more than a point in it at any time.

Was it cynical and cagey or just very competitive?

There seems to be huge tension between the counties at the moment since McGuinness changed the mindset of the Donegal people.

Syferus

Is it any worse than the craic Tyrone U21s and minors do be at? I remember in the 2013 minor AISF when when we had a kickout late on the Tyrone buckeen came up and kicked away the goalie's kickout just to delay the game ala Donaghy.

Those in glass houses..

reddgnhand

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 16, 2017, 10:09:52 AM
What sort of a match was it lads. I was just following the scores on Twitter.
I mean was it very defensive and tense as there never seemed more than a point in it at any time.

Was it cynical and cagey or just very competitive?

There seems to be huge tension between the counties at the moment since McGuinness changed the mindset of the Donegal people.

Was a typical Tyrone v Donegal game. If you got a score you earned it. Donegal missed a lot and had a lot of possession at the start. Tyrone seemed to get better as the game progressed as well as a good few changes at half time. Some excellent displays on show. The Donegal no.s 5,4 & 8 as well as Tyrones 11,12 ,24 & especially 23 when he came on really stood out.

LeoMc

Quote from: LeoMc on March 14, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: RedHandTom on March 13, 2017, 11:29:35 PM
Ulster Cship starts this week. Predictions.

Monaghan v Derry / Monaghan have a game played
Tyrone v Donegal / 50/50 Draw Donegal have 9 starters inj
Cavan v Fermanagh / Cavan dark horses in Ulster
Armagh v Down / Armagh easy. Down are not good
9 men missing and away from home and you still don't think Tyrone will win?

And now having seen the u-21's in action I can see why you would be reluctant to back them.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2017, 10:50:18 AM

Is it any worse than the craic Tyrone U21s and minors do be at? I remember in the 2013 minor AISF when when we had a kickout late on the Tyrone buckeen came up and kicked away the goalie's kickout just to delay the game ala Donaghy.

Those in glass houses..

Take a day off would ye?

Syferus

Quote from: reddgnhand on March 16, 2017, 11:05:11 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 16, 2017, 10:50:18 AM

Those in glass houses..

Take a day off would ye?

The truth is too diffcult to face so the ad hominem attacks fly.