All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Tyrone and Donegal finish level on 11 points. Tyrone had a chance to win it but went for goal when a tap over ppint was enough!!!!

Extra to be played!!

oakleaflad

Captain Obvious

Armagh far from convincing with two late goals. Big improved need to progress further. Cavan hammered Fermanagh and Derry knocked out the defending Ulster champions Monaghan

twohands!!!

Ulster U21FC Result
Cavan 2-19 Fermanagh 0-4
Monaghan 1-11 Derry 3-10
Armagh 2-13 Down 0-12

Tyrone and Donegal in extra-time.

Donegal kicked 15 wides to Tyrone's three wides in total in normal time!

sligoman2

Quote from: ck on February 28, 2017, 12:00:22 AM
Challenge match result from last week.
Cavan 3-18 Sligo 1-9

Make of that what you will.

Looks like Cavan might be the team to beat, especially after hammering Fermanagh tonight.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

twohands!!!

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 15, 2017, 08:45:05 PM
Tyrone 0-04 Donegal 0-05. Donegal well on top and have had (I think) 10 wides in first half. Tyrone been much more efficient in front of posts but need a significantly better second half.

On another note, Donegal made 7 changes to their named team prior to throw in. What sort of shite is that?

Wonder if you could claim for a refund back on the programme based on that?

Itchy

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 15, 2017, 09:43:06 PM
Quote from: ck on February 28, 2017, 12:00:22 AM
Challenge match result from last week.
Cavan 3-18 Sligo 1-9

Make of that what you will.

Looks like Cavan might be the team to beat, especially after hammering Fermanagh tonight.

Whoever wins between Donegal and Tyrone will be well hardened and hot favourites to win it out

AZOffaly

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 15, 2017, 09:44:29 PM
Tyrone 0-04 Donegal 0-05. Donegal well on top and have had (I think) 10 wides in first half. Tyrone been much more efficient in front of posts but need a significantly better second half.

On another note, Donegal made 7 changes to their named team prior to throw in. What sort of shite is that?

Wonder if you could claim for a refund back on the programme based on that?
That reminds me of one time I was roped into looking after the local Hurling lads as they played football. It's a bit more serious now, but back then football was only played if it didn't interfere with hurling, drinking, or maybe even a good lie in. Anyway we were in a county quarter final, but there was a local wedding the day before. As I fumed out on the pitch putting out cones, the announcer in Sean Treacy Park in Tipp Town announced to the assembled 'crowd'. " Arravale Rovers line out as selected. There are 13 changes to the Newport team. "

Aaron Boone

Never beat the deeler

I saw someone mentioned a couple of pages back that Donegal were missing nine starters through injury. Did the program show them all replaced and they miraculously recovered to start, or did the program show them starting and they were, actually, injured?

Also, I saw some journo complaining on Twitter during the week that he contacted the team management for a starting lineup and was told No.

Getting a bit ridiculous really
Hasta la victoria siempre

Cunny Funt

Replay to be played, Donegal Tyrone 14 each.

twohands!!!

Replay probably falls into the "a right nuisance" for the Donegal seniors.

omagh_gael

Feck!! We had chances to win that. Fergal Meenagh will have nightmares about that last effort in normal time. Donegal surely can't be as bad in front of the posts next week, we had our chance tonight.

An Watcher

Advantage Donegal with home advantage now

Main Street

Sounds like the Tyrone goal phobia has gone viral.