All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 14, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 14, 2017, 09:58:42 PM
Fermanagh under 21 team includes two players who play their club football for Trillick in Tyrone and Clones in Momaghan. Now to get the two Brennan's and Donnelly's signed up ...

How did that happen?
Trillick poaching from Coa?

FermGael

Quote from: LeoMc on March 15, 2017, 09:11:16 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 14, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 14, 2017, 09:58:42 PM
Fermanagh under 21 team includes two players who play their club football for Trillick in Tyrone and Clones in Momaghan. Now to get the two Brennan's and Donnelly's signed up ...

How did that happen?
Trillick poaching from Coa?

They still have not landed the big fish in Coa but they are still trying I believe...

Apparently the young lad lives in Ballinamallard (known Gaa stronghold).
He has a Fermanagh address but his nearest club is Trillick.
Not to sure about the lad from Clones.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FarneyMan

The clones lad apparently lives within a couple of miles of clones and initially joined them, i believe his address is in fermanagh though.
Apparently he was called up to numerous underage fermanagh squads on the provision that he change to a fermanagh club...he kept refusing, fermangh took it to ulster council and i think the lad was even threatened with a ban. 
However i think the ulster council relented when evidence was presented to them about the can of worms they would bring upon themselves regarding players all over the province living in border areas that are representing the club closest to them...

armaghniac

Quote from: FarneyMan on March 15, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
The clones lad apparently lives within a couple of miles of clones and initially joined them, i believe his address is in fermanagh though.
Apparently he was called up to numerous underage fermanagh squads on the provision that he change to a fermanagh club...he kept refusing, fermangh took it to ulster council and i think the lad was even threatened with a ban. 
However i think the ulster council relented when evidence was presented to them about the can of worms they would bring upon themselves regarding players all over the province living in border areas that are representing the club closest to them...

As Clones parish is in both Monaghan and Fermanagh, is there a Fermanagh club formally representing the Fermanagh bit?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FarneyMan

Quote from: armaghniac on March 15, 2017, 03:27:50 PM

As Clones parish is in both Monaghan and Fermanagh, is there a Fermanagh club formally representing the Fermanagh bit?

Aghadrumsee id say...
Roslea and Newtownbutler also very close..

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: FarneyMan on March 15, 2017, 04:42:58 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 15, 2017, 03:27:50 PM

Aghadrumsee id say...
Roslea and Newtownbutler also very close..

Yes, it's Aghadrumsee. St. Macartan's church there is part of Clones parish.

cluaineois

The majority of Clones parish is in Fermanagh. There is part of Clones parish that four different clubs draw from Clones, Aghadrumsee, Currin and Newtownbutler . An odd dispute arises from time to time over different players but it works both ways, a few years ago a lad that played for Aghadrumsee but came from an area that Currin in Monaghan would claim ended up on the Fermanagh minor team.
In reply to an earlier question there are now 29 clubs in Monaghan ever since the Ferghal o'Hanlons disbanded. 
once your a clone your never alone

Fuzzman

Rois

Yes it is.

Did you actually go to the bother of going on the internet to post that question on here and not bother going onto their website to check?  If this wasn't an anonymous forum, I'd grass you up to Damian Harvey and get him to call you out on air  :P

GalwayBayBoy

Limerick 0-10 Cork 1-8 41 mins

Limerick missed a penalty

omagh_gael

Tyrone 0-04 Donegal 0-05. Donegal well on top and have had (I think) 10 wides in first half. Tyrone been much more efficient in front of posts but need a significantly better second half.

On another note, Donegal made 7 changes to their named team prior to throw in. What sort of shite is that?

Ball Hopper

Munster Semi-Finals Results:

Cork 2-10 Limerick 0-10

Kerry 1-18 Waterford 0-7

Main Street

Monaghan 0-10  and Derry 1-7  level (obviously) in Inniskeen 
Monaghan missed penalty but doing well according to the neutrals on Northern Monaghan Sound

Main Street

AZOffaly

Excellent win for Offaly against Laois below in Carlow. Had to hold off a very late Laois rally but won by a point 2-9 to 2-8. First Leinster Final since 2007 I think.