All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: mouview on March 13, 2017, 10:14:27 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 13, 2017, 12:14:09 AM

I'd definitely agree with that. I've never been a fan of Gerry Fahy personally and many good talented underage sides have been sunk by poor management.

+1

Nothing against the man, but Fahy has long had the habit of nearly managing teams out of winning positions. AI minor semi-final v Cork a few years back a good case in point when Galway led by 10 at one stage only to lose late on.

You can hardly blame the manager for losing a ten point lead and not credit him with getting it in the first place. If a team blows a ten point lead I'd be looking at the Maroon buckeens on the field and not the ones on the line.

mouview

Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2017, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: mouview on March 13, 2017, 10:14:27 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 13, 2017, 12:14:09 AM

I'd definitely agree with that. I've never been a fan of Gerry Fahy personally and many good talented underage sides have been sunk by poor management.

+1

Nothing against the man, but Fahy has long had the habit of nearly managing teams out of winning positions. AI minor semi-final v Cork a few years back a good case in point when Galway led by 10 at one stage only to lose late on.

You can hardly blame the manager for losing a ten point lead and not credit him with getting it in the first palace. If a team blows a ten point lead I'd be looking at the Maroon buckeens on the field and not the ones on the line.

No, but leading by 10 in the closing stages of a match shouldn't be overturned. The game was too open at that stage; Fahy should have made a couple of tactical changes to close it down. Bad game management by him.

Captain Obvious

Who was the Galway U21 manager a few years ago when as defending All Ireland champions lost to Leitrim?

galwayman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 13, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
Who was the Galway U21 manager a few years ago when as defending All Ireland champions lost to Leitrim?
Alan Flynn

Rossfan

Quote from: galwayman on March 13, 2017, 02:35:20 PM
Alan Flynn
And underage winning team never get to defend their title.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

The man who won them the All-Ireland.. tut tut.

ck

Who is Gerry Fahy? I know hes managing Galway but who has he managed previously?

RedHandTom

Ulster Cship starts this week. Predictions.

Monaghan v Derry / Monaghan have a game played
Tyrone v Donegal / 50/50 Draw Donegal have 9 starters inj
Cavan v Fermanagh / Cavan dark horses in Ulster
Armagh v Down / Armagh easy. Down are not good

LeoMc

Quote from: RedHandTom on March 13, 2017, 11:29:35 PM

9 men missing and away from home and you still don't think Tyrone will win?

ck

Quote from: LeoMc on March 14, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: RedHandTom on March 13, 2017, 11:29:35 PM

9 men missing and away from home and you still don't think Tyrone will win?

Cute hoorism Tyrone style

Cunny Funt

Would all those Donegal injuries suggest it wasn't wise to enter U21 team instead of a senior team into the McKenna cup?

Galway was my tip to win Connacht but I'm having my doubts now especially about their manager. Mayo v Kerry Tyrone v Dublin looks odds on to be the senior semi finals in August what odds on the same semi finals at U21 level in April.

rodney trotter

More like Gallagher shouldn't have played a load of them in the League.

That was only half strength  doengal u21 team in Mckenna Cup. They had players playing with Sligo it. DCU, Dit, Ucd in O Byrne and Fbd.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 14, 2017, 09:20:03 PM
More like Gallagher shouldn't have played a load of them in the League.

That was only half strength  doengal u21 team in Mckenna Cup. They had players playing with Sligo it. DCU, Dit, Ucd in O Byrne and Fbd.
It all adds up I suppose and little common sense used between the managers with U21 players.

FermGael

Fermanagh under 21 team includes two players who play their club football for Trillick in Tyrone and Clones in Momaghan. Now to get the two Brennan's and Donnelly's signed up ...
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Aaron Boone

Quote from: FermGael on March 14, 2017, 09:58:42 PM
Fermanagh under 21 team includes two players who play their club football for Trillick in Tyrone and Clones in Momaghan. Now to get the two Brennan's and Donnelly's signed up ...

How did that happen?