All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Galway strolling. 4 goals scored 19 points ahead and not half time yet.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 11, 2017, 03:24:55 PM
Galway strolling. 4 goals scored 19 points ahead and not half time yet.

Comeback is on. Leitrim have cut the gap to 8

sligoman2

Galway hang on to win by 4.  Must have been some strong breezes there.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

galwayman

4-8 to 0-2 points up at half time & very nearly threw it away.
A dreadful second half performance.
Mayo won't be losing too much sleep over playing us next.

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on March 11, 2017, 04:24:23 PM
4-8 to 0-2 points up at half time & very nearly threw it away.
A dreadful second half performance.
Mayo won't be losing too much sleep over playing us next.

Leitrim were good coming up the last few years. The result was relatively predictable despite their poor start. Doesn't really tell you anything about how the Mayo-Galway match will go.

GalwayBayBoy

Sounded like a bizarre game. Galway couldn't stop scoring in the first half. Took 26 minutes to get their first score in the second half. Best you could say is they might have been better off getting a boot up the arse today than if they had won the game by 25 points which looked possible at one point.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 11, 2017, 06:22:02 PM
Sounded like a bizarre game. Galway couldn't stop scoring in the first half. Took 26 minutes to get their first score in the second half. Best you could say is they might have been better off getting a boot up the arse today than if they had won the game by 25 points which looked possible at one point.

Completely bizarre. Ball barely passed midfield in the first half but the second half was like a different game. Kieran Molloy's sending off led to Cillian McDaid going to wing back which was a daft notion to begin with, nothing went right for McDaid today, any ball he touched seemed to go astray or hit off him and back to a Leitrim man. Molloys tackle for his second yellow was reckless, even more so when you consider he was already on a yellow, he should have been watching himself. Having said that, don't know what his first one was for? The team lost all shape in the second half and that wasn't helped by the amount of substitutions made. 2 points in the second half with the amount of forward talent on show was a seriously poor return. They have a lot of work to do.

ck

Galway are an excellent side. The pick in Connacht is Mayo by a long way. They cruised to win the north west cup and bear Dublin and Cork in recent weeks. Theyll win connacht

ballinaman

Quote from: ck on March 12, 2017, 08:02:03 AM
Galway are an excellent side. The pick in Connacht is Mayo by a long way. They cruised to win the north west cup and bear Dublin and Cork in recent weeks. Theyll win connacht
The kiss of death from CK  ;D

ck

Quote from: ballinaman on March 12, 2017, 08:03:27 AM
The kiss of death from CK  ;D

I hope so! Genuinely cant see Mayo beaten though

GalwayBayBoy

If Galway are excellent but Mayo are the pick in Connacht by a long way that must mean Mayo are some side.

There was very little between these sides at minor level in 2014. Mayo only took the lead for the first time in the game in the last minute of the match. And that was against 14 men for most of the second half. Should be a cracker though.

ck

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 12, 2017, 02:31:33 PM

If Galway are excellent but Mayo are the pick in Connacht by a long way that must mean Mayo are some side.

There was very little between these sides at minor level in 2014. Mayo only took the lead for the first time in the game in the last minute of the match. And that was against 14 men for most of the second half. Should be a cracker though.

Semantics. Galway were very good at minor alright and remain strong. Mayo ahead of them though.

Anyone know the front runners in Ulster? Im on Bet365 here!! Cavan hammered Sligo a few weeks ago so should beat Fermanagh, but i coukd call any of the other games. All look 50/50

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on March 12, 2017, 11:26:56 PM

Semantics. Galway were very good at minor alright and remain strong. Mayo ahead of them though.

Anyone know the front runners in Ulster? Im on Bet365 here!! Cavan hammered Sligo a few weeks ago so should beat Fermanagh, but i coukd call any of the other games. All look 50/50

Do you base predictions on challenges and pre season competitions instead of minor championship results and the pick of quality that each panel may have?

Mayo U21s are only ahead of Galway in one way and thats a very important part, management.

Front runners in Ulster is Tyrone,Donegal. Don't ever place money on a side based on challenge results would be my tip.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 12, 2017, 11:44:55 PM
Quote from: ck on March 12, 2017, 11:26:56 PM

Do you base predictions on challenges and pre season competitions instead of minor championship results and the pick of quality that each panel may have?

Mayo U21s are only ahead of Galway in one way and thats a very important part, management.

I'd definitely agree with that. I've never been a fan of Gerry Fahy personally and many good talented underage sides have been sunk by poor management.

mouview

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 13, 2017, 12:14:09 AM

I'd definitely agree with that. I've never been a fan of Gerry Fahy personally and many good talented underage sides have been sunk by poor management.

+1

Nothing against the man, but Fahy has long had the habit of nearly managing teams out of winning positions. AI minor semi-final v Cork a few years back a good case in point when Galway led by 10 at one stage only to lose late on.