All Ireland U21 football championship 2017

Started by Captain Obvious, February 21, 2017, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

If galway beat Leitrim where would they be playing Mayo?

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 07, 2017, 05:34:31 PM
If galway beat Leitrim where would they be playing Mayo?
Galway are due a home game against Mayo so Tuam or Salthill.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2017, 05:14:05 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 07, 2017, 04:41:46 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 07, 2017, 04:00:13 PM
Galway play Leitrim on Saturday. There's a bit of expectancy with this group but we've been here before.

Winners to play Mayo 2 weeks tomorrow.
Connacht final in all but name...soz syferus

Last one I heard that ye lost to a poor Galway side in McHale..
I wouldn't say it was a poor Galway side in 2015.
Not our finest for sure but there were plenty of good footballers on it.
Certainly Ros did not have it all their own way in the Connacht final that year.
If Galway win in Saturday - which they should - the Mayo game will be at a Galway venue.

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on March 07, 2017, 06:03:05 PM
Galway play Leitrim on Saturday. There's a bit of expectancy with this group but we've been here before.

Certainly Ros did not have it all their own way in the Connacht final that year.
If Galway win in Saturday - which they should - the Mayo game will be at a Galway venue.

I meant the seniors last year. The 2015 Connacht U21 final was one of the best advertisements for the grade and the sport I've seen in a long time.

Farrandeelin

It's a pity the game is on a Wednesday evening.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fuzzman

It's a pity TG4 or someone doesn't show these games or even highlights of them later on.
I would imagine lots of people would want to see good U21 games on Wed nights.
I realise it might clash with Champions League games but maybe a deferred coverage after 10'oclock perhaps

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2017, 11:43:24 PM
Quote from: galwayman on March 07, 2017, 06:03:05 PM

I meant the seniors last year. The 2015 Connacht U21 final was one of the best advertisements for the grade and the sport I've seen in a long time.
Agreed. Was there that day - fantastic game of football. It's a brilliant sport when played like that.

GrandMasterFlash

2017 Ulster U21 Football Championship Preliminary Round: Antrim v Monaghan, Tonight @ 8pm, Queens University - The Dub

Referee: Margaret Farrelly

Not to be missed!

Itchy

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2017, 10:56:16 AM
It's a pity TG4 or someone doesn't show these games or even highlights of them later on.
I realise it might clash with Champions League games but maybe a deferred coverage after 10'oclock perhaps

They used to show highlights on Monday I think, maybe not on the earlier rounds.

Cunny Funt

Kerry U21s have a few injuries and are missing the Dr Crokes players tonight. Clare could be a banana skin for them as Clare had a good pre season winning the Laois run McNulty cup.

Gael85

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 08, 2017, 02:09:02 PM
Kerry U21s have a few injuries and are missing the Dr Crokes players tonight. Clare could be a banana skin for them as Clare had a good pre season winning the Laois run McNulty cup.

Clare missing a good few lads with injuries. I'm afraid Kerry could win this by a cricket score

Gael85

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2017, 10:56:16 AM

Agree its a pity games not live as they show the u21 hurling in summer

Fuzzman

Excuse my ignorance on international women's day but does she referee many men's games?
Is she the only female referee who refs men's GAA games?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 08, 2017, 03:39:39 PM
Excuse my ignorance on international women's day but does she referee many men's games?
Is she the only female referee who refs men's GAA games?

She was certainly the first, and I think she is still the only. She officiates at quite a few, I've seen her on the line a bit. I know she has reffed senior games too, but I'm not sure how many.

Captain Obvious

Clare holding their own against the All Ireland favorites so far. Kerry 1-8 Clare 1-5 half time.