Predict the 2012 NFL Division 1 winners

Started by BennyCake, January 31, 2012, 01:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2012 NFL Division 1 title?

Armagh
10 (11.9%)
Cork
30 (35.7%)
Donegal
4 (4.8%)
Down
4 (4.8%)
Dublin
17 (20.2%)
Kerry
12 (14.3%)
Laois
0 (0%)
Mayo
7 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: February 04, 2012, 01:40:27 PM

BennyCake

A bit of craic. Predict the 2012 NFL Division 1 winners.

Voting closes Saturday afternoon.

I'm going for Kerry.

AZOffaly

Cork. I think Cork will be very dangerous this year.

nrico2006

Cork for League and Championship this year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

thejuice

Donegal will win all their games 0-01 to 0-00.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Onlooker

Croí na hÉireann

Dublin for me. They still have that warm afterglow and want to right the wrongs of the league final last year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 31, 2012, 03:23:24 PM
Dublin for me. They still have that warm afterglow and want to right the wrongs of the league final last year.

That's all the drink from the last four months - wouldn't think they give a fiddlers about last year tbh!

Would prefer to see them just ticking over in the league and come in the championship fresh.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on January 31, 2012, 03:34:12 PM

That's all the drink from the last four months - wouldn't think they give a fiddlers about last year tbh!

Would prefer to see them just ticking over in the league and come in the championship fresh.

Kevin Mac was saying different on the news last night (yeah, I know, a soundbite if ever there was one but still). Strong link between the league and championship now, win the league and you'll be there or thereabouts for the Championship, the contenders will be looking to do well in the league.

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 31, 2012, 03:38:09 PM

Agree with that but having seen Cork get caught overcooked last year, I wouldn't want the same thing happening.

I'd like to see the lads who weren't available to us for the O'Byrne cup from the U21 team of 2010 get a decent run - not go out to 'not win a game' if you know what I mean..
Kevin Mac was saying different on the news last night (yeah, I know, a soundbite if ever there was one but still). Strong link between the league and championship now, win the league and you'll be there or thereabouts for the Championship, the contenders will be looking to do well in the league.

Keane

Cork for me, assuming they have even the bones of a Championship forward line. They're such a slick outfit, really only derail-able by a Kerry team operating at absolute maximum.

I'd expect them to account for Dublin in the Championship easier than Kerry would, they're well set up to overpower them.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on January 31, 2012, 03:41:27 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 31, 2012, 03:38:09 PM

Agree with that but having seen Cork get caught overcooked last year, I wouldn't want the same thing happening.

I'd like to see the lads who weren't available to us for the O'Byrne cup from the U21 team of 2010 get a decent run - not go out to 'not win a game' if you know what I mean..

I'm not sure if Cork were caught or overcooked last year. That was a serious Mayo performance from a serious Mayo team (I expect them to be there or thereabouts in the league as well). I think you'll see the younger teams like Mayo and Dublin going that bit harder in the league. There won't be much between them three, Kerry and Donegal IMO.

AQMP

Quote from: Keane on January 31, 2012, 03:49:49 PM
Cork for me, assuming they have even the bones of a Championship forward line. They're such a slick outfit, really only derail-able by a Kerry team operating at absolute maximum.

I'd expect them to account for Dublin in the Championship easier than Kerry would, they're well set up to overpower them.

Yerra, cute hoor.

Dubs.