Leinster Minor Hurling 2019

Started by burdizzo, April 24, 2019, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Anyone in the know able to tell us exactly how each of our teams got on yesterday?

U14s
Played in A competition, well beaten by Dublin & Limerick in group stages.
Mentors?

U15s
?
Mentors?

U16s?
Did they start in the A and end up in the Shield? Were they playing Dublin's first team in the shield final?
Mentors? From a photo on Facebook it looks like Liam Dunne, Tim Fahy & Quinlan guy from Borris.
Also, 23 players in team photo. Surely no other Liam McCarthy county has such a small number in development squads at any age.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Zooming around

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 01, 2019, 01:38:20 PM
Anyone in the know able to tell us exactly how each of our teams got on yesterday?

U14s
Played in A competition, well beaten by Dublin & Limerick in group stages.
Mentors?

U15s
?
Mentors?

U16s?
Did they start in the A and end up in the Shield? Were they playing Dublin's first team in the shield final?
Mentors? From a photo on Facebook it looks like Liam Dunne, Tim Fahy & Quinlan guy from Borris.
Also, 23 players in team photo. Surely no other Liam McCarthy county has such a small number in development squads at any age.

I think Tagh Doran from Camross was with the u14s but I'm not sure

Ogie

As was said here, Liam Dunne using Derek McGrath's name to push out Enda Lyons and get the job for himself
Mcgrath will be doing very little coaching & it is part of a placement as he completes a course.

So if I get a financial backer can I be Laois Senior Hurling manager next year??

Don Draper

Quote from: Ogie on September 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM
As was said here, Liam Dunne using Derek McGrath's name to push out Enda Lyons and get the job for himself
Mcgrath will be doing very little coaching & it is part of a placement as he completes a course.

So if I get a financial backer can I be Laois Senior Hurling manager next year??
What the f**k did Eddie do wrong?!

thegreeenandgold

Oige are you Enda Lyons mate or more sinister are  you Enda Lyons!  Enda had an okayish year he beat who you would expect to beat but was well beaten by Wexford.  No surprise, his had a few years in the job it's time to move on.  If he is that interested let him take over a development squad and come with them in 3/4 years.  What's on offer looks far better than your run of the mill management.

Spiritof1915

Both are/were involved because of family loyalties, making sure their sons are on a Laois team
Wouldn't happen in any other serious hurling county

Keyser Söze

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on September 09, 2019, 10:56:31 AM
What's on offer looks far better than your run of the mill management.

I think this is the question! What actually is on offer?!

Zooming around

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on September 09, 2019, 12:08:42 PM
Both are/were involved because of family loyalties, making sure their sons are on a Laois team

Cillian Dunne will be on the Laois minor team next year regardless of whether the manager is Liam Dunne, Ben Dunne or the Pecker Dunne

Giovanni

I would take it that that McGrath's involvement should be basically discounted in making the decision on who should be manager.

Kudos to the Dunne team for coming up with the innovation (which I'd imagine would be very welcome) but I would think that any manager worth his salt should be able to manage to get a few "celebrity coaches" in for a few sessions over the course of the year.

It's clear that McGrath's involvement will be minimal so there's no sense to put too much weight on that in the final decision-making.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Zooming around on September 09, 2019, 04:46:00 PM
Quote from: Spiritof1915 on September 09, 2019, 12:08:42 PM

Cillian Dunne will be on the Laois minor team next year regardless of whether the manager is Liam Dunne, Ben Dunne or the Pecker Dunne

County board will save money on kits and squad gear with the closed shop policy. Lucky to have a squad of 24 players the way the current u/16 management are operating.

finbar o tool

Lads i thought it was widely known at this stage, without Dunne there is no McGrath, his buddy is paying for it, and vice versa, without McGrath there is no Dunne. Dunne knew there was no way he was getting the minor managers job without bringing something really good to the table. Because he is not good enough. Simple as that. McGrath has stated today his involvement will be minimal, a support role. And its fantastic to have him! And fair play to Dunne for pulling that out of his sleeve, but its been stated already, here and elsewhere, whoever has the deepest pockets can now be a manager whether you are right for the job or not. The county board had nothing to do with getting McGrath on board. If they did, they would at least try to get the best people possible around him. This is unfortunately not the case here.
Having McGrath in any capacity will be brilliant and no doubt a great influence, but i think its the way this is being done thats pissing people off.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Keyser Söze

McGrath has certainly gone out of his way to set the record straight.
Has Dunne been ratified yet?

Blow-in

All a smokescreen from what I'm hearing from a member of the management. McGrath is the main man. Hopefully he can improve a very overrated team. Standard of players in the club and that are available are poor. Maybe Dunne was right to carry only 24. Clubs need to take a long hard look at what there doing and producing. My own club are a joke when it comes to hurling.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Batman!!! on September 10, 2019, 10:11:45 PM
All a smokescreen from what I'm hearing from a member of the management. McGrath is the main man. Hopefully he can improve a very overrated team. Standard of players in the club and that are available are poor. Maybe Dunne was right to carry only 24. Clubs need to take a long hard look at what there doing and producing. My own club are a joke when it comes to hurling.

Comical Ali is alive & well!

Ogie

Did anyone hear Derek McGraths interview on Midlands 103 yesterday afternoon, confirmed he will take no more than 12 or 14 coaching sessions with the Laois minors, and that is as part of a college course he is completing.