The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

An opinion on it is fine but a Joe Brolly opinion is controversial one to catch the attention he craves.

Gaffer

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2017, 01:06:05 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 12:24:42 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2017, 12:18:36 AM
Of course he's still entitled to have an opinion on it like the rest of us.

Why? Absolutely nothing to do with him!!
Gooch's dinner is nothing to do with me - but I have a right to have an opinion or comment on it all the same.
A bit like Catelonia/Spain.
Have I a right to comment or have an opinion on what you do on a Saturday night? It is absolutely none of my business what you get up to.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 09:49:26 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2017, 01:06:05 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 12:24:42 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2017, 12:18:36 AM
Of course he's still entitled to have an opinion on it like the rest of us.

Why? Absolutely nothing to do with him!!
Gooch's dinner is nothing to do with me - but I have a right to have an opinion or comment on it all the same.
A bit like Catelonia/Spain.
Have I a right to comment or have an opinion on what you do on a Saturday night? It is absolutely none of my business what you get up to.

Surely it's also none of your business if he has an opinion on Gooch's dinner then?

Gaffer

So everybody's business is everybody's business ?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 10:34:26 AM
So everybody's business is everybody's business ?

If it's in the public arena, I believe so. Gooch is carrying out his dinner in the public arena and using his profile to publicise it, so he's fair game for someone to offer their opinion on the matter. The whole point of a forum is to give opinions and discuss other people's business.

Gaffer

That's your opinion and that's fine. My view is that it is a matter which only concerns Gooch and those who choose to attend. Everyone else should get on with their own lives and butt out!!!

gallsman

A hard hitting interview from Tubs if ever there was one.  ::)

Agree with Brolly 100% on this. Wish more pundits were able to speak out the way he does and day what they genuinely think. Pretty soon the "journalism" and "analysis" from the likes of Sky and JOE will be all that's left. Lowest common denominator stuff.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on October 08, 2017, 04:06:04 PM
A hard hitting interview from Tubs if ever there was one.  ::)

Agree with Brolly 100% on this. Wish more pundits were able to speak out the way he does and day what they genuinely think. Pretty soon the "journalism" and "analysis" from the likes of Sky and JOE will be all that's left. Lowest common denominator stuff.

Coming from upper class Dublin, maybe Tubs actually understands how normal testimonials are?

A lot of people embarrassing themselves over a nothing event.

longballin

Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 11:55:14 AM
That's your opinion and that's fine. My view is that it is a matter which only concerns Gooch and those who choose to attend. Everyone else should get on with their own lives and butt out!!!

Top GAA player having a testimonial is the business of GAA people. Too much of this trying to silence people from speaking out...

Gaffer

Quote from: longballin on October 08, 2017, 04:33:22 PM

Top GAA player having a testimonial is the business of GAA people. Too much of this trying to silence people from speaking out...

In your opinion of course...... I am a GAA person and I don't believe it's my business!!!

longballin

Quote from: Gaffer on October 08, 2017, 05:08:00 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 08, 2017, 04:33:22 PM

In your opinion of course...... I am a GAA person and I don't believe it's my business!!!

so stop commenting  :-X

Gaffer

Jim Bob

Brolly couldn't give a damn about what Gooch gets up to.
More interested in making headlines.
Should stick to his own life and not spouting about others

longballin

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 08, 2017, 06:21:05 PM

stop talking sh*te ye aul woman ya

Syferus

Quote from: longballin on October 08, 2017, 06:28:40 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 08, 2017, 06:21:05 PM

stop talking sh*te ye aul woman ya

Stellar.