The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

lurganblue

The sacking of Gary Rowett still amazes me. What a balls up.

ziggy90

You and the rest of the football world. Unbelievable Geoff!!
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bigfrank

Next stop Wembley! What's the chances of getting a ticket? Assume villa and Fulham websites will sell majority and then possibly some on the Wembley site that the touts will likely gather up  :'(

lurganblue

Quote from: bigfrank on May 15, 2018, 10:22:17 PM
Next stop Wembley! What's the chances of getting a ticket? Assume villa and Fulham websites will sell majority and then possibly some on the Wembley site that the touts will likely gather up  :'(

Read villa will be allocated 38,000. Id say they will be snapped up quite quickly.

Some great performances over the 2 legs from villa.  I'm sure it wasnt great for the neutral but by god was it tense.  Fulham will rightly be favourites for the final but villa are of course well capable of it.

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2018, 09:45:24 AM

Read villa will be allocated 38,000. Id say they will be snapped up quite quickly.

Some great performances over the 2 legs from villa.  I'm sure it wasnt great for the neutral but by god was it tense.  Fulham will rightly be favourites for the final but villa are of course well capable of it.

If you've been to a game this season you'll have a good chance. If you've been to 3 or more you're guaranteed. Fulham are probably a better team. Their midfield 3 are excellent and Mitrovic is a cut above the Championship. However Villa have an edge on experience, and as you rightly point out they had some big performances in the Boro games, mainly from those experienced players - Jedinak, Terry, Hutton.

bigfrank

Been to a few home games this year but all tickets were got from my friends account who actually can't make wembley due to a stag. For the home games he bought maybe 4/5 tickets each time as there was a group of us went,hoping his booking history would meet the criteria needed to get some tickets,how many I don't know,tickets not released to start if next week which isn't ideal when flights and hotels need to be booked too,the joys!

ziggy90

It wasn't great for the not so neutral either.

Avondhu star

Quote from: shark on May 16, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

If you've been to a game this season you'll have a good chance. If you've been to 3 or more you're guaranteed. Fulham are probably a better team. Their midfield 3 are excellent and Mitrovic is a cut above the Championship. However Villa have an edge on experience, and as you rightly point out they had some big performances in the Boro games, mainly from those experienced players - Jedinak, Terry, Hutton.

Fulham are a nice tidy side but there is experience at Villa both on and off the pitch. Not much difference between them in the league. Whoever makes it through will have a lot of buying to do.
Good championship panels but bottom 6 Premiership.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

shark

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 16, 2018, 06:34:30 PM
Quote from: shark on May 16, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

Fulham are a nice tidy side but there is experience at Villa both on and off the pitch. Not much difference between them in the league. Whoever makes it through will have a lot of buying to do.
Good championship panels but bottom 6 Premiership.

Bottom 6, bottom 10. Only 1 win in the difference. All 3 promoted sides stayed up last year. Wolves a cert to do the same next year. Cardiff's style may not work as well in PL, but 1 quality buy can make all the difference

Boycey

Seen this on Facebook a bit pricey but may interest someone on here who was looking tickets.

https://www.champions-travel.com/championship-playoff-final.html

Incidentally it was advertised at 225 on Facebook but seems to be 289 on their actual site

ziggy90

Ahead of the Vile's big day...Brilliant response to Tom Hank's tweet.

Check out @CallumTxylor's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CallumTxylor/status/999031883274047488?s=09

lurganblue

Never been as apprehensive about a villa match in my life. This much bigger than any of the cup finals that I remember. So much riding on one game of football.

Incidentally i see that Fulham were allowing their fans to buy 5 tickets each and they have then went and sold a right few of these to villa fans. Could be a potential issue on the day.

Avondhu star

A Villa pal said he "was going to watch the big match at home and then go to the pub for the Champions League Final"
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ziggy90

Quote from: lurganblue on May 24, 2018, 09:52:41 AM
Never been as apprehensive about a villa match in my life. This much bigger than any of the cup finals that I remember. So much riding on one game of football.

Incidentally i see that Fulham were allowing their fans to buy 5 tickets each and they have then went and sold a right few of these to villa fans. Could be a potential issue on the day.

I don't think so. Fulham's fans are not known for their aggression..
Do Villa lost their parachute payment after this season? If so this is definitely the biggest match in their recent history.

ned

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 24, 2018, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 24, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

I don't think so. Fulham's fans are not known for their aggression..
Do Villa lost their parachute payment after this season? If so this is definitely the biggest match in their recent history.

Still one more year, three years in diminishing amounts after relegation. Hoping Villa play like the Wolves match a few weeks ago. Brilliant performance but 1-0 will do.