Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2018, 11:35:43 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on March 18, 2018, 11:30:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2018, 11:07:51 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 18, 2018, 11:05:59 PM
Will Kane be back for the semi?

Doubt it, spurs playing well without him

Played one game without him.so far.

And they were good?

Exceptional. Bet Swansea. Their manager said before game wasn't bothered. Think you need more than one game to see how goes. They definitely weaker without him but Son flying.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 19, 2018, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2018, 11:35:43 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on March 18, 2018, 11:30:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2018, 11:07:51 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 18, 2018, 11:05:59 PM
Will Kane be back for the semi?

Doubt it, spurs playing well without him

Played one game without him.so far.

And they were good?

Exceptional. Bet Swansea. Their manager said before game wasn't bothered. Think you need more than one game to see how goes. They definitely weaker without him but Son flying.
Swansea beat Liverpool not that long ago 2nd best team in the league
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 18, 2018, 11:19:47 AM
It's starting to feel like the beginning of the end for Jose. Building up for a meltdown.

It's the same all the time now. Say some ridiculous shit to deflect from the utter failures of your management. Sooner he's gone the better.

GetOverTheBar

It's starting to feel like the beginning of the end for Jose. Building up for a meltdown.

I give him to end of September / Early November next year.

Has all the hallmarks of the Chelsea exit here, although he never went after any of their players like he's done with Shaw.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 20, 2018, 11:04:14 AM

Has all the hallmarks of the Chelsea exit here, although he never went after any of their players like he's done with Shaw.

No - that time it was victimising and libelling the doctor for doing her job that lost him the dressing room.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 20, 2018, 11:39:36 AM

No - that time it was victimising and libelling the doctor for doing her job that lost him the dressing room.

The major difference here is that he seems to have the backing of the board. I really don't know what to make of it, but if you watch the post-match press conference for the Brighton match and put it together with his comments and 12 minute rant from the Seville game, he is feeling the pressure.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 20, 2018, 01:11:42 PM

The major difference here is that he seems to have the backing of the board. I really don't know what to make of it, but if you watch the post-match press conference for the Brighton match and put it together with his comments and 12 minute rant from the Seville game, he is feeling the pressure.

There is a school of thought that Mourinho is making an attempt to gain 'total' control at United.

At Real / Chelsea he could never gain total control of transfers.

There was an article I read recently, maybe on the telegraph - I'll try and find it that raises some very good points, Ferguson / Charlton views have been marginalised since the Moyles debacle, Woodward is not a football man meaning Jose is playing some aggressive politics.

yellowcard

Mourinho with his comments has helped create an environment where some type of player split may occur in the dressing room. He has heaped excessive praise on Matic and Lukaku to a lesser extent showing them that they are his men and can be trusted whilst just about everyone else does not have the personality to play for Man Utd. The singling out of Luke Shaw is slightly bizarre since he has been no worse than many other players to the casual observer. Lukaku stated in an interview at the weekend that there will be a lot of new players coming in over the summer (I don't know how he can even state this unless he is part of the management team) which would not have sat well with me if I was one of his team mates.

I just don't see any upside of Mourinho publicly slating his players in the manner that he has. However it is not a surprise since he has always embraced and sought confrontation no matter the consequences and he has the safety of net of knowing that he has recently signed a contract extension and will still pick up another lucrative job somewhere should he be sacked.

Milltown Row2

Publically slating players seems to be the last resort, but he made a lot of valid points
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 20, 2018, 01:30:38 PM

There is a school of thought that Mourinho is making an attempt to gain 'total' control at United.

There was an article I read recently, maybe on the telegraph - I'll try and find it that raises some very good points, Ferguson / Charlton views have been marginalised since the Moyles debacle, Woodward is not a football man meaning Jose is playing some aggressive politics.

Chris?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: johnnycool on March 20, 2018, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 20, 2018, 01:30:38 PM

Chris?

Maybe....he had a funny period for awhile too before people had enough!

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2018, 01:48:21 PM
Publically slating players seems to be the last resort, but he made a lot of valid points

He accused players of hiding or not showing personality. Now that may well be true in some cases but it was well down the list of obvious problems that has resulted in serious under performance all season. 

He accused players of hiding and lacking personality, yet he doesn't want players to pass the ball through the midfield, he wants to play 2 holding midfielders and play it long from the back looking to get on the end of second balls and knockdowns. As an example he chose Fellaini over Mata in the biggest game of the season. It has deflected the conversation away from his own agricultural style football. He has accused the players of playing with fear when this is the very trait that forms the basis of his playing style in big games. Play it tight, take no risks, full backs stay back in position, get it forward quickly and hope for a set piece or a mistake from the opponent. Yet he has made this all about the players and some people continue to lap it up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2018, 02:04:33 PM

He accused players of hiding or not showing personality. Now that may well be true in some cases but it was well down the list of obvious problems that has resulted in serious under performance all season. 

He accused players of hiding and lacking personality, yet he doesn't want players to pass the ball through the midfield, he wants to play 2 holding midfielders and play it long from the back looking to get on the end of second balls and knockdowns. As an example he chose Fellaini over Mata in the biggest game of the season. It has deflected the conversation away from his own agricultural style football. He has accused the players of playing with fear when this is the very trait that forms the basis of his playing style in big games. Play it tight, take no risks, full backs stay back in position, get it forward quickly and hope for a set piece or a mistake from the opponent. Yet he has made this all about the players and some people continue to lap it up.

It could well be he asked the players to play with no fear and attack them when on the break..

Not his biggest fan, wanted him when Fergie left, as in my view he would have steadied the ship a lot better than the muppets that came in behind him

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2018, 02:20:47 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 20, 2018, 02:04:33 PM

It could well be he asked the players to play with no fear and attack them when on the break..

Not his biggest fan, wanted him when Fergie left, as in my view he would have steadied the ship a lot better than the muppets that came in behind him

You seem confused, you're not his biggest fan yet you wanted him in after Fergie!!

I'm not his biggest fan and never wanted him, he never was the right fit for Man Utd. All about himself and his ego and not the greater good of the club. You can't deny his record of success but he has never been quite the same since he was ousted from the Bernabeu and his tactics are completely defunct in todays game, it's Pulis/Allardyce stuff only with much better players. From a results point of view I actually think that they have been decent this season but the overall picture in terms of building an identity and style of play to challenge for EPL and CL, I can't see any sign of getting close to a best XI that can compete for honours. 

Milltown Row2

I'm not confused, I wanted him after Fergie as he would have been able to attract the better players and possibly won something (like he's proven) he was still very good manager as his tactics then were defensive but never pretty... Utd still needed to have a big name after Fergie, he'd have been gone by now but I'd say Utd would have won a league with him TBH