Mike Ashley is a big fat bollix

Started by deiseach, March 30, 2010, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Just like to say how pleased I am for Chris, legend of Irish soccer that he is. The manner in which he stoically waited while lesser managers came and went until his opportunity arrived, then seized it with both hands, is heartwarming. Good luck to him and Newcastle United in the Premier League next season.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: deiseach on March 30, 2010, 01:45:31 PM
Just like to say how pleased I am for Chris, legend of Irish soccer that he is. The manner in which he stoically waited while lesser managers came and went until his opportunity arrived, then seized it with both hands, is heartwarming. Good luck to him and Newcastle United in the Premier League next season.

+1
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

heineken_on_tap

Will he remain in charge next year?

Celt_Man

Aye he has done a great job there... fair play to him
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

T Fearon

Great Spurs man, who was unfortunate to go along with Jol back in 2007. He'll be back in the manager's dug out (and not the away one) at the Lane some day

Minder

As long as the Newcastle fans don't lose the run of themselves, as they usually do, and demand a "world class manager" in the summer when they go up. Hughton has done a fine job with very little hassle.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 30, 2010, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 30, 2010, 02:47:31 PM
Quote from: heineken_on_tap on March 30, 2010, 01:51:41 PM

Shearer lined up !  ;)

Best pundit on MOTD not.

ahh sure they are all the same on MOTD, three people and one opinion between them... whatever about RTÉ at least they have discussion and wouldn't be afraid to disagree with each other either

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on March 30, 2010, 02:44:02 PM
As long as the Newcastle fans don't lose the run of themselves, as they usually do, and demand a "world class manager" in the summer when they go up. Hughton has done a fine job with very little hassle.

Good point. Will the football be seckshee enough for them?

Celt_Man

Newcastle have just been promoted there now due to Forest failing to beat Cardiff...

Well done Chris!

Hoof Hearted

you feel sorry for these managers who get promoted sometimes. after a bad start they usually get sacked, and the ironic thing is if they didnt get promoted they would still have a job.

Billy Davies, who manages Forest, was one such manager with Derby County. He was interviewed when Forest were in the middle of the great run they had, and said that they had a 3 year plan to go up, and were 2 years too early. He said he had been there before, and didnt want to go up now cause they werent ready.

I hope Hughton get's one season minimum. Its the least he deserves

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Orior

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 05, 2010, 09:42:36 PM
you feel sorry for these managers who get promoted sometimes. after a bad start they usually get sacked, and the ironic thing is if they didnt get promoted they would still have a job.

Billy Davies, who manages Forest, was one such manager with Derby County. He was interviewed when Forest were in the middle of the great run they had, and said that they had a 3 year plan to go up, and were 2 years too early. He said he had been there before, and didnt want to go up now cause they werent ready.

On the other hand, they might have a cracking season, great start and great finish, claim fourth spot, and get to the Champions League semi-final the following year.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 05, 2010, 09:42:36 PM

They'd be mad to get rid of Hughton after the job he has done. Which makes it likely that they'll get rid of him!

Newcastle haven't been a team as such in years, just a series of overpaid primadonnas with little passion or pride in the team. The weight of expectation from their delusional fans hasn't helped, so an unassuming character at the helm has maybe instilled some much needed team spirit. Another fly by night manager will not help.

Rufus T Firefly

Great for Chris and great for Newcastle - being a Leeds fan, I always have a soft spot for big clubs that have fallen on lean times - great to see them back where they belong.