Galway v donegal

Started by cornetto, July 18, 2017, 02:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2017, 09:39:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2017, 08:51:19 PM
4 minutes extra
That is some hammering . It would make you wonder how good Tyrone are .

It's a good train of thought. Bad formline for Ulster football. Its a quirk if Tyrone are good enough above it.

Yip we've beat a team heading to division 3, a team that survived div 2 by the skin of their teeth and a Donegal side on the slide.

cornetto

Just leaving Sligo what a day,we're in Sligo park hotel after match, some craic team are having their meal,now they got a great welcome!!what a difference 2 weeks make!!Don't know will we be singing after kerry,but the lads are in great spirits,you would never know???

From the Bunker

Well done Galway! That's the talk! Now don't be just happy to play nice football against the Kingdom. Time to get that overdue win in Croker and who better to beat than Kerry?

Rossfan

3 Connacht teams in the last 8.
Not bad for Ireland's Gaza Strip.
Hope we can keep the ball kicked out to the mighty Rhubarbs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyroneman

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 22, 2017, 09:39:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2017, 08:51:19 PM
4 minutes extra
That is some hammering . It would make you wonder how good Tyrone are .

It's a good train of thought. Bad formline for Ulster football. Its a quirk if Tyrone are good enough above it.

You can only beat what's in front of you.

seafoid

It was great to see Meehan getting some time on the pitch

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2017, 10:52:23 PM

Legitimately, hope he avoids injury and finishes his playing career the way he started it!

AZOffaly

Absolutely.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2017, 11:02:15 PM

Legitimately, hope he avoids injury and finishes his playing career the way he started it!

I don't mean to be a spoil-sport but Meehan has been a glorified mascot for Galway since he was added to the panel. With Armstrong out for the CF and Galway shoddy on frees the fact Meehan made no appearance spoke volumes about his role, much more than coming on in a match that had been over for 40 minutes. Apparently he's not going very well in training, but honestly that shouldn't come as any surprise given he has a bum ankle. Walsh either misled Meehan or thought his ankle had magically healed itself, I don't know which of the two scenarios make him look worse. Either way, a return for a player who was unwilling to admit his enforced retirement a few years ago was even what it was, retirement, would have been an easy sell.

I hope the best for the lad because in terms of pure talent he is one the best players I have ever witnessed and he seems a good guy to boot, but no matter what happens this is not a fitting end for a great player. I hope he goes into coaching because he has a lot to give still to the sport and that would be a more fitting finale to his story than this sideshow.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2017, 11:10:43 PM

I don't mean to be a spoil-sport but Meehan has been a glorified mascot for Galway since he was added to the panel. With Armstrong out for the CF and Galway shoddy on frees the fact Meehan made no appearance spoke volumes about his role, much more than coming on in a match that had been over for 40 minutes. Apparently he's not going very well in training, but honestly that shouldn't come as any surprise given he has a bum ankle. Walsh either misled Meehan or thought his ankle had magically healed itself, I don't know which of the two scenarios make him look worse. Either way, a return for a player who was unwilling to admit his enforced retirement a few years ago was even what it was, retirement, would have been an easy sell.

I hope the best for the lad because in terms of pure talent he is one the best players I have every witnessed and he seems a good guy to boot, but no matter what happens this is not a fitting end for a great player. I hope he goes into coaching because he has a lot to give still to the sport and that would be a more fitting finale to his story than this sideshow.

Look, even if he does not hit top form again, It was nice for Meehan and the Galway Supporters to have a final proper goodbye!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 22, 2017, 11:18:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2017, 11:10:43 PM

I hope the best for the lad because in terms of pure talent he is one the best players I have every witnessed and he seems a good guy to boot, but no matter what happens this is not a fitting end for a great player. I hope he goes into coaching because he has a lot to give still to the sport and that would be a more fitting finale to his story than this sideshow.

Look, even if he does not hit top form again, It was nice for Meehan and the Galway Supporters to have a final proper goodbye!

All 500 of them.. :-X

An Fhairche Abu

Fair play to the Galway team response to the Roscommon debacle, can only beat what's in front of you.
Any shade being thrown on Meehan's return isn't worth a response, the man is a gent, great to see him out there.

Syferus

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 22, 2017, 11:37:08 PM
Fair play to the Galway team response to the Roscommon debacle, can only beat what's in front of you.
Any shade being thrown on Meehan's return isn't worth a response, the man is a gent, great to see him out there.

It would take someone being a real ass to take what I said as throwing shade on Michael Meehan.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2017, 11:49:28 PM

It would take someone being a real ass to take what I said as throwing shade on Michael Meehan.
Didn't see this as a dig at Meehan just the level of Galway support.

seafoid

Donegal were favourites. It wasn't the easiest way to get to the quarter final.