Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Great to see the 'Horse' Devlin enlisted (or was it cashiered?  ;))!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

It will be interesting to see what sort of impact if any Horse will have.
Sounds like he's well respected by Mickey anyway but I always wonder how much Mickey listens to Donnelly & Co.

Remind me who's that lad on page 3 of the Gaelic Life today? He played v Kerry the last day in defence. Are we expecting great things from him this year? Was a strange game for Mickey to give him a run in I thought.

God14

havnt seen todays Gaelic Life... sounds like your describing Ronan McNamee though?

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onthe40

Any word on how the trials went? Any new call-ups for the 2013 season?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Omagh's Conan Grugan has been called up for the coming year, for one.

barelegs

http://www.gaeliclife.com/2012/11/27/exclusive-tyrone-boss-harte-wields-the-axe/

QuoteTYRONE boss Mickey Harte has axed a dozen of his Red Hand senior squad ahead of the 2013 campaign, including a number of household names.

A host of seasoned stars have been culled from the squad in what is the most dramatic shake-up the panel has seen since their 2008 All-Ireland win.

Gaelic Life understands that those considered to be surplus to requirements include Brian McGuigan and Owen Mulligan, while Errigal duo John Devine and Davy Harte have also been excluded from the 2013 plans.

The axe has also fallen on Dromore defensive pair Cathal McCarron and Sean O'Neill, midfielders Aidan Cassidy and Niall McKenna, defenders Damian McCaul and Stephen McNally, as well as attackers Peter Hughes and Ciaran Gervin.

The new-look Tyrone squad will gather for their first team meeting tomorrow night (Wednesday), and is expected to include Omagh St Enda's pair Conan Grugan and Barry Tierney, Errigal's Ciaran McGinley, Strabane and St Mary's defender Danny McBride, Newtownstewart's Kevin Gallagher, Clonoe attacker Conor McAliskey, and Kildress full-back Dean McNally.

By my reckoning that's no Dromore players left, one Coalisland and one Clonoe...

Onthe40

Couldn't see some of those listed as dropped completely,maybe not involved in McKenna cup..oneill for one is too good, seen him for dromore a few times & was excellent..also not sure about some of the new lads being up to county senior standard !!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: barelegs on November 27, 2012, 07:22:02 PM
http://www.gaeliclife.com/2012/11/27/exclusive-tyrone-boss-harte-wields-the-axe/

QuoteTYRONE boss Mickey Harte has axed a dozen of his Red Hand senior squad ahead of the 2013 campaign, including a number of household names.

A host of seasoned stars have been culled from the squad in what is the most dramatic shake-up the panel has seen since their 2008 All-Ireland win.

Gaelic Life understands that those considered to be surplus to requirements include Brian McGuigan and Owen Mulligan, while Errigal duo John Devine and Davy Harte have also been excluded from the 2013 plans.

The axe has also fallen on Dromore defensive pair Cathal McCarron and Sean O'Neill, midfielders Aidan Cassidy and Niall McKenna, defenders Damian McCaul and Stephen McNally, as well as attackers Peter Hughes and Ciaran Gervin.

The new-look Tyrone squad will gather for their first team meeting tomorrow night (Wednesday), and is expected to include Omagh St Enda's pair Conan Grugan and Barry Tierney, Errigal's Ciaran McGinley, Strabane and St Mary's defender Danny McBride, Newtownstewart's Kevin Gallagher, Clonoe attacker Conor McAliskey, and Kildress full-back Dean McNally.

By my reckoning that's no Dromore players left, one Coalisland and one Clonoe...

Cathal McCarron and Ronan Mc Nabb are still part of the set up and im pretty sure young Sludden will be called into the squad this year. So there will still be Dromore representation, need to think before you speak.
Living the dream!!!

skeog

journalists love scoops especially at this time of year its only mc kenna cup panel some of those left out will be playing for colleges they attend
egeseges they are at

nrico2006

I'm sure there won't be much of a decision for the like of Danny McBride to make when it comes to a chance with Tyrone or playing for a college.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Christmas Lights

Massive clearout.  Massive.  A case of management losing the plot, omitting boys of 22/23 years of age?

Suppose something has to be done.  The last 2 years havent been good enough, hammering defeats to Dublin and again against an aged Kerry team last year.  Strange someone like Sean O'Neill ousted considered he played a lot last year.  McKenna and Cassidy also came on ina  few championship games.  All very strange.   

Anyone have any ideas of any new comers to the panel????

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 28, 2012, 05:57:48 PM
Massive clearout.  Massive.  A case of management losing the plot, omitting boys of 22/23 years of age?

Suppose something has to be done.  The last 2 years havent been good enough, hammering defeats to Dublin and again against an aged Kerry team last year.  Strange someone like Sean O'Neill ousted considered he played a lot last year.  McKenna and Cassidy also came on ina  few championship games.  All very strange.   

Your lad Kevin Gallagher from Newtown is a good footballer- albeit I've only seen him in Div 3. Always influential in any game I've seen. Not sure how he'd fare in Croke Pk in the Championship but definitely merits a crack.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 28, 2012, 05:57:48 PM

Danny Mc Bride has led by example for Sigersons this year (in particular, defending with steel and attacking with flair, despite failing at the penultimate hurdle for promotion to Division I), and given that he's a Ranch kingpin as well it's no surprise that he's been called up for County duty (though I might well say that  ;)).