Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

So Rodgers has signed a new contract - $103m guaranteed & $80m by next March
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Therealdonald

Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2018, 06:39:51 PM

Probably the only case at the minute in the NFL, where the money is equal to talent.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Therealdonald on August 29, 2018, 10:53:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2018, 06:39:51 PM

Probably the only case at the minute in the NFL, where the money is equal to talent.

To think Joe Flacco was once the highest paid player in the NFL. At least Rodgers is the best player on his team

Capt Pat

I see the Browns have lost their middle linebacker Mychal Kendricks. It looks like he might be going to jail for insider trading. The Browns have gone ahead and cut him before it comes to that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 30, 2018, 09:52:04 PM
I see the Browns have lost their middle linebacker Mychal Kendricks. It looks like he might be going to jail for insider trading. The Browns have gone ahead and cut him before it comes to that.

Ha, on the last Hard Knocks I saw, he was telling Jarvis Landry 'We gotta be smart' when Landry was getting in a row with a young corner back :)

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2018, 10:56:58 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 30, 2018, 09:52:04 PM

Ha, on the last Hard Knocks I saw, he was telling Jarvis Landry 'We gotta be smart' when Landry was getting in a row with a young corner back :)

And the Browns being the Browns where aware of the situation but thought he was a *victim* of insider trading, not a co-conspirator

Minder

Khalil Mack getting traded to Bears  :o

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2018, 01:42:26 PM

Why are you surprised? The rumours that he was going to be shipped have been out there for a while. People were even saying the Teddy Bridgewater trade was the Jets trying to get draft capital to use to go after Mack.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on September 01, 2018, 01:53:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2018, 01:42:26 PM

Why are you surprised? The rumours that he was going to be shipped have been out there for a while. People were even saying the Teddy Bridgewater trade was the Jets trying to get draft capital to use to go after Mack.

I am not surprised that he was traded as it has been imminent in the last 24/48 hrs, before that it wasn't and according to some close to the Raiders Mark Davis didn't want to trade Mack. I am surprised he went to the Bears as I didn't think they where in the mix. I actually thought he may have went to the Browns, as it's not just a matter of draft capital to contend with giving up, Mack is also looking for an Aaron Donald type contract.

magpie seanie

As a Bears fan I'm delighted. Paying top dollar for him but he's a cracking addition and the Bears haven't particularly hit many homers with thier recent first round picks. Defence looks good. Offence should at least be better than last season though I'm not expecting the greeatness some are predicting.

Will Mack play a full role in the season opener? Does it take long for a player in his position to learn the schemes/play calls etc or is it just a case of fire him up and let him go after Rodgers? 

tyroneman

Mack was a ridiculous trade.

Letting him go in the first place was crazy: a proven superstar, future HoF player who would have been the cornerstone of that defence for years.

Then giving the Bears a 2nd round pick along with Mack.....Raiders must be the worst negotiators in the NFL

Gruden has got rid of most of McKenzie draft picks and brought in so many veterans (of dubious value) that Raiders now have the oldest average age in the league.

Overreaching for Kolton Miller, giving away a 3rd round pick on Bryant who they have just cut and getting rid of one of the best punters in the league all add to a bunch of bullsh!t decisions Grunden has made  - all on his £100mil contract no less - since coming back.

One minute he's standing in a bar talking about keeping Mack and the next we seem to be in rebuild mode - again.

gallsman

I hadn't realised the Raiders traded for McCarron until yesterday. Seems absolutely daft, especially as EJ looked perfectly competent as a backup in preseason. McCarron lost a QB competition to Nathan Peterman ffs.

tyroneman

Quote from: gallsman on September 03, 2018, 10:32:17 AM
I hadn't realised the Raiders traded for McCarron until yesterday. Seems absolutely daft, especially as EJ looked perfectly competent as a backup in preseason. McCarron lost a QB competition to Nathan Peterman ffs.

Yup, forgot to include that in the list of Gruden 'achievements' to date

magpie seanie

Bills have named Nathan Peterman as their starter.

Syferus

I have to say I'm amazed by the balls of Nike to make Kaepernick the face of their 30th anniversary campaign. There's no way they didn't know the firestorm they were walking into and still went ahead and did it. Sometimes even megacorpations can surprise you in good ways.

Also Auburn got off to a flier beating another top ten team in Washington at the weekend. Don't pencil in a Georgia-Bama rematch in the SEC championship just yet.