American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Chiefs shat themselves after Kelce got hurt. Embarrassing stuff and not at all on Smith. That unless Mahomes is absolutely lighting it up in practice, that should not be Smith's last game as a Chief.

Had a feeling the Falcons would turn the Rams over and think they've every chance of winning out in the NFC.

AZOffaly

Blake Bortles is stinking the joint out so far. Tyrod Taylor not much better but at least Taylor can run.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 07:20:33 PM
Blake Bortles is stinking the joint out so far. Tyrod Taylor not much better but at least Taylor can run.

And now Bortles has decided to just run it as well. It's like a harvard yale game from 1880.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 08:09:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 07:20:33 PM

And now Bortles has decided to just run it as well. It's like a harvard yale game from 1880.

Two teams getting nose bleeds from playing in January at the same time. Still waiting for a bit of a breakthrough. Even Carolina beating the Saints wouldn't be much of a shock given they made the Super Bowl two years ago.

AZOffaly

I think that panthers saints game will be good.

Therealdonald

Be under no illusions.the jags will cause the pats serious trouble if they win through today.that defence is mean

AZOffaly

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 07, 2018, 08:26:54 PM
Be under no illusions.the jags will cause the pats serious trouble if they win through today.that defence is mean

I can't see it. Brady and belichick will get the ball out quick and the jags are poor enough v the run.

Clov

Bortles will have to play a lot better than today if they even want to get as far as the Pats.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Syferus

All Nathan Peterman does is throw interceptions. Well done coach McDermott.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Clov on January 07, 2018, 09:06:19 PM

Bortles will have to play a lot better than today if they even want to get as far as the Pats.

True. They are actually going to pittsburgh.

Therealdonald

My bad.i thought they had to go to New England next week. Jags be hard to beat.but someone explain how that wasn't an incomplete pass?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 09:14:31 PM

Why are you having a go at McDermott there? Taylor was out and they had to throw it. Maybe wouldn't call an Out alright but I don't think I'd hang that on the coach.

As for Taylor, he's a poor thrower himself.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 09:17:45 PM

Why are you having a go at McDermott there? Taylor was out and they had to throw it. Maybe wouldn't call an Out alright but I don't think I'd hang that on the coach.

He's not a great thrower but as a QB he's so far ahead of Peterman it's not even funny. McDermott is only keeping his job because his insanity mid-season dropping Taylor didn't cost them a spot in the play-offs.

He's up shít creek without a paddle now with Taylor sure to walk, only a terrible rookie left on the roster and a poor draft position meaning they'll need to pay big to move up and grab a decent QB prospect in the draft. Mayfield in Buffalo looks the most attainable and he has big question marks hanging over his maturity.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 09:20:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 09:17:45 PM

He's not a great thrower but as a QB he's so far ahead of Peterman it's not even funny. McDermott is only keeping his job because his insanity mid-season dropping Taylor didn't cost them a spot in the play-offs.

He's up shít creek without a paddle now with Taylor sure to walk, a terrible rookie left and a poor draft position meaning they'll need to pay big to move up and grab a decent prospect in the draft.

I get all that. I thought you were blaming McDermott for the interception or for putting peterman in.

thewobbler

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 07, 2018, 09:17:21 PM
My bad.i thought they had to go to New England next week. Jags be hard to beat.but someone explain how that wasn't an incomplete pass?
Because his arm was underneath the ball the whole time?