American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Only shadow boxing in the afc this weekend saw titans and jags live in the last month and both looked poor, it's steelers pats in championship game with pats going to Super Bowl again
Chiefs jags rams saints

Syferus

The Titans are making a spicy enough comeback here.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 12:27:24 AM
The Titans are making a spicy enough comeback here.

Don't tell me it's Titans v Pats ??

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Kansas do Kansas. They'd sicken your shit.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2018, 12:48:23 AM
Kansas do Kansas. They'd sicken your shit.

Aye fcuk them I give up, Pats cakewalk to AFC title game
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

Had Kansas -8.5 to finish a 5 timer, when they went 21 -3 up at the half I thought I was home and hosed, esp when 21-10 and they muff the punt on the 30 ffs. Backed titans plus 7.5 when they missed the FG as I seen it coming just to cover me.

Gonna stay up for the next game as I'm half way through a wee wine, think matty ice and co might just show up and cool the rams red hot O.

Syferus

In 2014 the Tide had Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake on their books at RB - all four have already had at least one 1000 yard season in the NFL already.

Is it any wonder why Bama are the best team college football has ever seen?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2018, 01:02:59 AM
In 2014 the Tide had Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon and Kenyan Drake on their books at RB - all four have already had at least one 1000 yard season in the NFL already.

Is it any wonder why Bama are the best team college football has ever seen?

Bama play good defense, are elite on both lines and have excellent running games. They've never needed a QB.

Capt Pat

I didn't see that one coming. Falcons are off to a positive start as well. It could be 2 upsets tonight.

Oraisteach

That's certainly a terrific stable of running backs, but you can only really play one or two of them at one time.  As good as that group is, give me a single RB stud over all of them e.g. Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Eddie George.  I don't know who was the best college team ever, but a few teams would make a convincing claim to that title. Bama is probably the best recruiting team ever, but they're a bit like a Brazilian soccer team-- you can only start 11. Unfortunately, it's a hypothesis you can't really test.

Capt Pat

The Falcons are off to a 13-0 start. Still early in the second quarter.

Syferus

Syferus

Some throw and catch there by Goff and Woods.

EDIT: This reviewing catches shíte has went completely over the top in the NFL. Absolute nonsense that's just slowing down the game. Listening to Michaels and Collinsworth trying to make sense of this stuff is comedy gold.

Capt Pat

Falcons stretch their lead again to 13 after a Julio Jones td. Less than 6 minutes left for Rams to save their season.

Syferus

They spend all their time hand wringing about what is a catch and the referees can't be bothered to call blatant pass interference on the game-deciding play.