American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Is a 12-28 record what passes for turning it around in Chicago? Fox, like Jeff Fisher before him, is one of the coaches I'm continually amazed stays employed.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Syferus on November 16, 2017, 12:39:20 PM
Is a 12-28 record what passes for turning it around in Chicago? Fox, like Jeff Fisher before him, is one of the coaches I'm continually amazed stays employed.

They're a much better team with a good defence this season. That's progress. To suggest otherwise is bull. Fox has also won the AFC and NFC Championship game as a coach and brought Vic Fangio who is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL. Fox has a winning record everywhere bar Chicago which to be fair was a mess when he took over. Made 4 successive AFC Championship games with the Broncos. I do think Fox will go after this season, that defeat last weekend probably tipped things irreversibly against him.

Minder

Not sure what more Fox can do with the tools at his disposal
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

Sure just google the info about Chicago's last five seasons and the changes that happened and you will soon be an expert on Da Bears under Fox just like you are now an Auburn alum!!

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on November 16, 2017, 02:20:49 PM

Sure just google the info about Chicago's last five seasons and the changes that happened and you will soon be an expert on Da Bears under Fox just like you are now an Auburn alum!!

Eh? I've actually attended Auburn games.

He shoots and he misses..

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on November 16, 2017, 02:52:00 PM

You will have to forgive me if I find that hard to believe!

You don't work in I.T. systems management or computer coding by any chance?

Gmac

war eagle syf

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on November 16, 2017, 05:35:44 PM

You will have to forgive me if I find that hard to believe!

You don't work in I.T. systems management or computer coding by any chance?

Cuz I felt like making you look like an ass..

My 2010 National Champions commemorative cup:

The FAU-Auburn game in the 2011 season I got it at:

What's with the second question? Do you want me to root out my degrees too?

Capt Pat

Another big win for the vikings against the Rams tonight. 24-7 against one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL. The Lions scraped a win tonight to stay in touch. The division outcome could be as good as decided next week when the vikings play the lions in Detroit.

Syferus

Nathan Peterman throws five Ints in the first half, it would be comical if it wasn't a totally self-inflicted injury by a team owning a wild card spot entering the weekend.

Tyrod Taylor really needs to tell the Bills to fùck off in the off-season.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on November 19, 2017, 11:42:42 PM
Nathan Peterman throws five Ints in the first half, it would be comical if it wasn't a totally self-inflicted injury by a team owning a wild card spot entering the weekend.

Unreal. Why would you do that to a young lad? After the 2nd or 3rd he should have been out of there, notwithstanding the crazy decision to start him in the first place.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 20, 2017, 10:20:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 19, 2017, 11:42:42 PM

Unreal. Why would you do that to a young lad? After the 2nd or 3rd he should have been out of there, notwithstanding the crazy decision to start him in the first place.

The Bills want to ditch Tyrod as they'll have to pay him to keep him after this season. They (rightly in my eyes) don't see him as a franchise QB and will draft a rookie from this promising class in 2018. That's no reason to do what they did - Taylor is a functional mid tier QB who tends not to turn the ball over. It was bonkers. In fantasy played the Chargers in any league I could get them in or didn't have Jacksonville. People who followed Peterman in college said he wasn't great even there!

AZOffaly

He transferred from Tennessee to Pittsburgh, which is a bit of a red flag. But now I hope he makes it, because that was just too cruel.

PS re Taylor, he's above average in fairness but I don't think he's a top tier QB. That said, he's better than anything the Cardinals have now, so if they don't get anyone in the draft, I'd like to see them get him.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 20, 2017, 12:43:14 PM
He transferred from Tennessee to Pittsburgh, which is a bit of a red flag. But now I hope he makes it, because that was just too cruel.

PS re Taylor, he's above average in fairness but I don't think he's a top tier QB. That said, he's better than anything the Cardinals have now, so if they don't get anyone in the draft, I'd like to see them get him.

Yeah he is probably above average, he has no weapons, WR group is brutal, Benjamin may help but I think he got injured again yesterday. Think he is due $6m next year with Bills, which would be affordable for the Bills, when you look at what Glennon, for example, got with Chicago.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on November 20, 2017, 01:23:49 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 20, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

Yeah he is probably above average, he has no weapons, WR group is brutal, Benjamin may help but I think he got injured again yesterday. Think he is due $6m next year with Bills, which would be affordable for the Bills, when you look at what Glennon, for example, got with Chicago.

Yeah but I just think teams are seeing Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff and what they're getting paid and saying - we can save money here. I quite like Tyrod Taylor. If everything else was right you could go far with him.