Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

What part of 'Premier League' are those who insist on pointing to Dean's record missing? Professional moaners.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Syferus on December 26, 2017, 09:45:06 PM
What part of 'Premier League' are those who insist on pointing to Dean's record missing? Professional moaners.
yeah your right 'premier league' league records are all that count. Same as calendar year records mean everything. Dixie dean and jimmy greaves' goal scoring records in the top flight dont count because as everyone now knows sky invented football in 1992 and anything that happened before that isn't real.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Quote from: hardstation on December 26, 2017, 10:34:35 PM
You've little to worry you.
says the man with near 24000 posts. You must find plenty to worry you. Keep posting mate you'll soon be there, not far to go.
nil satis nisi optimum

Cunny Funt

Some pass by Debruyne on that City goal.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: laoislad on December 26, 2017, 06:56:51 PM
Predictable result between Man United and Burnley today when you consider they are both working off similar transfer budgets
Well according to Man United fans anyway...

:o ;D

Capt Pat

What are they advertising at the Newcastle match? I will need to brush up on my mandarin to find out. All four sides of the ground with the same revolving ad in Mandarin I think.

AZOffaly

Horrible tackle on De Bruyne there in that Citeh game. Hope he's not badly done.

Cunny Funt

Refs so inconsistent on hand balls in the penalty area. 

SHEEDY

Mike dean again stealing the headlines. That was never a penalty in a million years.
nil satis nisi optimum

quit yo jibbajabba

Klavan for the Pool today was the 97th different nationality to score in the Premiership

If this fries even one persons head enough so they sit down and try work out all nationalities my work here is done  ;D

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 01, 2018, 11:56:53 PM
Klavan for the Pool today was the 97th different nationality to score in the Premiership

If this fries even one persons head enough so they sit down and try work out all nationalities my work here is done  ;D

Not quite that bored at work, but i did google Marian Pahars as I thought he was Estonian (he's not)
Hasta la victoria siempre

Gold

SuperMarian is Latvian. What a wee player he was.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Boycey

Anyone that's up to nothing much today BT are currently showing highlights of FA Cup Finals from the late 70s/early 80s back to back...

I can replay every game from then in my mind, who scored, the context, even the build up from 9AM on the telly :) but I'd struggle to name you the finals of the last 10 years,thats how much Sky and the like has desensitised us to football. God be with the days of watching highlights of mid week matches on a Wed night not knowing who'd won or spending your Sat afternoon listening to a poor reception on radio 2 and if your game wasn't the commentary game praying that when they went over to your ground it was for a goal to your side. The teleprinter was a torture too in my mind it always flashed up 'Liverpool 1-0 Rush (90)'

After writing all that I suppose a good few of you are too young to remember those halcyon days :)

Cunny Funt

What was radio 2? BBC radio five is what I use to listen too before the days of live matches on
Sky and BT sports. 3rd round of the FA cup was always one of the highlighs of the football season back then, nowadays not much interest in it at all it seems.

Boycey

I must be older than you it was radio 2 til late 80s or so then moved to radio 5. I just remembered that at 4.20 they used to welcome listeners to the BBC World Service too..

Jimmy Armfield, Peter Jones, Alan Green even George Hamilton.. Yeah 3th round of the cup was the highlight for me too