Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: seafoid on October 22, 2022, 09:53:29 AM
Canada are ranked 7
Oz are 13
We are 24
Nigeria are 45

The ladies should do better than Celtic and Rangers

Celtic and Rangers were in the womens world cup? Celtic and Rangers probably wouldn't get out of the group stage if they were.

rodney trotter

Callum Robinson sent off after 7th minutes in the Welsh Derby against Swansea. He deserved to go, but doubt he will be happy with Obafemi's reaction to the referee..

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1584141339398000641

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/1022/1330767-pauw-begins-process-of-taking-on-the-world/

It's funny, when you qualify, suddenly there is a lot of players with Irish backgrounds. They email you and they weren't emailing you before you qualified. But there are players that we're really looking into.

"Don't get me wrong, we see every player playing every single week because the streams these days are very good. But I will travel of course. We are going to look into players that just close to the team and see where they are.

"There are players abroad that are now showing up and we really have to look into, but they must have a very tight connection with Ireland. And the players that we have now on the sheet that we are going to look at already have an Irish passport. They have a passport but are playing abroad. We are looking into that."

An Watcher

I see the women won again.  Not seeing much publicity around them.  The late late show had rhys mcclenaghan on last Friday night after his gold medal the previous week.  Ireland qualifyfor the world cup but zero publicity.  I hope it has nothing to do with their sing song afterwards.  This was/is a massive achievement and deserves recognition

Capt Pat

Poor first half from Ireland against Norway. They have to do better in the second half. Poor entertainment as well.

Bring on the world cup.

Capt Pat

Cunny Funt

Not many of the Irish team tonight would i give a rating over 5 or 6 out of ten.

Itchy

No disguising that was a really poor performance. Kenny is running out of time, all well and good playing ball and I support the need for us to change but the inability to do basic stuff well is really disappointing

mouview

Quote from: Itchy on November 17, 2022, 09:56:50 PM
No disguising that was a really poor performance. Kenny is running out of time, all well and good playing ball and I support the need for us to change but the inability to do basic stuff well is really disappointing

The inability to do the basics of football such as pass, create, retain possession has hindered our national team for about 40 years at least.

Capt Pat

I thought Collins was fouled in the build up by the goalscorer of the winning goal. VAR would have sorted it out. Not good enough really but it is just a friendly.

Captain Scarlet

Not everything has to be an extreme. The argument from Kenny fans is that we go directly to hoof ball if anyone but him is in charge.
But can they honestly say we are a joy to watch right now? Like it's not entertaining and we lose a lot.
I'd honestly like to see him do well but you can't keep trying to play a certain way on one hand and then say we don't have the players to play that style? I find it bizarre how his supporters don't see an issue with him there.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

lurganblue

Had the pleasure (I think) of going to the game last night. 1st half was horrific. Retaining possession across the back and then when Norway pressed up, we kick it long and lose it. No bravery to make incisive passes, or maybe lack of ability. Working it down the sides but not able to put it into the box as we lack the numbers in there.

The 2nd half was a little better. More tempo and finally creating chances. The goal was a tidy strike. Overall though, it wasn't impressive.

Norway seemed to be taking it handy.

mrdeeds