How does your CCC rate

Started by ha ha derry, August 25, 2009, 03:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha ha derry

Our senior hurlers played 5 league games in 12 days (ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF LEAGUE) from 03/07/09 to 12/07/09 then next game 30/08/09. WHY ?

Farrandeelin

WE have our mid-league break coming to an end this weekend. At leasat there were 2 rounds of club championship games since then. Also, Mayo got to Croker. 4 more rounds are due to be played starting this weekend and ending in early October. Don't know when the club championship will be scheduled in for then though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ha ha derry

We play the hurling semi final this Sunday and the CCC have put on a football QF 5 days before (tonight) went to ask for our game to be put back 3 days but CCC hung up and wouldn,t take any calls from our club !

ha ha derry

I should point out we are a dual club and our football  team are involved 7 dual players.

fer fox ache

Let's face it fixtures in Derry are arranged to suit three clubs one near Tamnaherin, one near Drumullan and one in a town in North Derry on the Glenshane Road. Everybody else gets shafted.

AidyMac

Shambles

Told last night that the only senior games to be played in September, bar the championship is on the 13th

That means, for non-playing championship teams, 1 game in 7 weeks

People training since Feb, and by the looks of things, league not over until mid November  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Christ sake, only 4 games left to play, and it is not as if Fermanagh has loads of teams that it could be sorted out quicker

Enniskillen V Devenish game postponed last sunday, now playing this sunday.  Handy for a few players injured to be back

magpie seanie

Our CCC in Sligo is quite good. I'd have one or two quibbles about a few things but they see things differently so fair enough. There has been improvement every year for the last few years and I would reckon they're as good as most. Mens football and hurling championships and leagues will all be complete by first weekend in October (barring bad weather and replays) by the looks of things.

boojangles

The CCC in Cavan are a joke and seem to be getting worse.From the choice of referees to the setting of venues and fixtures,everything is done arse ways. I could name so many examples of their incompetence during this year alone but like alot of things in Cavan Football these days,I just couldn't b bothered.

Norf Tyrone

I would have my gripes with the Tyrone CCC, but it's a very difficult job with no easy answers. To be honest I think this year they've done very well with fixtures etc. and a sub note their info flow with fixtures, results, tables, website is excellent. You'll have most of the ACL results withing 30 minutes of the full time whistle.

Even aertel can't do that.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

bingobus

Joke.

Firstly they introduced a two legged league for reserve teams. Our B's and C's have about 20 games each plus extra for progressing in league and championship. This has resulted at times of 3 matches in 8 days, none for a few weeks and then between minor, U21, Snrs, B's and C's been a game almost every night for a fortnight.

Impossible to get league tables, bar ones we keep ourselves. Results delayed on teletext and often wrong.

Its a tough job but complete balls of it this year in my opinion.

Last Sunday was County hurling final day. Despite the weather been terrible in week and on day of it, they allowed the shield final be played on the same pitch before hand. After that game was over, they called the senior final off and tried to move it to another venue elsewhere in the county, half a hour before it was due to start. Both teams furious and refused the request.

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on August 26, 2009, 02:22:06 PM

Last Sunday was County hurling final day. Despite the weather been terrible in week and on day of it, they allowed the shield final be played on the same pitch before hand. After that game was over, they called the senior final off and tried to move it to another venue elsewhere in the county, half a hour before it was due to start. Both teams furious and refused the request.

I could be wrong, but I think this happened another year.

That double B league is a balls.

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on August 26, 2009, 04:11:45 PM
Quote from: bingobus on August 26, 2009, 02:22:06 PM

I could be wrong, but I think this happened another year.

That double B league is a balls.

It was called off two years back and ended up played during the week. I hear their was nearly murder when they pulled it. Mickey McHugh had flown home from a wedding in Austria for it and Danny Duffy cut short his holiday in the US for it. They hadn't been told of date for final until a few weeks back. The dog on the street knew the pitch couldn't take two matches.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 26, 2009, 02:07:49 PM
I would have my gripes with the Tyrone CCC, but it's a very difficult job with no easy answers. To be honest I think this year they've done very well with fixtures etc. and a sub note their info flow with fixtures, results, tables, website is excellent. You'll have most of the ACL results withing 30 minutes of the full time whistle.

agree with you there norf, definatly has been a shambles in the past but,whilst far from perfect, a far better job has been done this year
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ha ha derry

Most Derry football clubs have only played 8 league matches to date. Teams still in the ch,ship will now have to play teams in league matches that they,ve beaten in the c,ship. Very very messy.

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 26, 2009, 06:51:59 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 26, 2009, 02:07:49 PM

agree with you there norf, definatly has been a shambles in the past but,whilst far from perfect, a far better job has been done this year

And to back that up, as posted on the Tyrone page
Positives:
13 League games played to date - August
Only 4 games played without county players - max of 5 if Tyrone had progressed to All-Ireland final
Minimum 4 league games played in July and August per club compared to 1 last year

Negitives:
Starred games have not always been equal e.g. Kildress (0 county player) v Moy (4 county players).

Tyrone CCC seem to have their act together.