Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 29, 2016, 10:33:05 AM
Maggie the frog's prophecy stated that her three kids would die by her (Cersei's) hand and she herself would be killed by a valonquer (younger brother in High Valereyn). Jaimie was the younger twin and Cersei's actions in the last episode will lead him to be Cersei's downfall. If battle of the b**tards was a 9/10 I think winds of winter has to get the full 10/10. An absolute masterpiece. The director of both episodes (Miguel Sapocnik) should be given the job for all remaining episodes!

But Maggy the Frogs prophecy can also be interpreted as 'little sibling' which could lead Arya being the culprit.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 29, 2016, 11:17:57 AM
Maggie the frog's prophecy stated that her three kids would die by her (Cersei's) hand and she herself would be killed by a valonquer (younger brother in High Valereyn). Jaimie was the younger twin and Cersei's actions in the last episode will lead him to be Cersei's downfall. If battle of the b**tards was a 9/10 I think winds of winter has to get the full 10/10. An absolute masterpiece. The director of both episodes (Miguel Sapocnik) should be given the job for all remaining episodes!

But Maggy the Frogs prophecy can also be interpreted as 'little sibling' which could lead Arya being the culprit.

I'm pretty certain Valanqar means little brother than little sibling.

The exact prophecy leads me to believe that Jaimie will choke her to death early in the next season when he finds out the truth of what happened whilst he was taking Riverrun.

The excerpt below is taken from the GoT wiki pages:

But the last part of the prophecy is the most intriguing. It is the part that tells of Cersei's final demise: "When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
The word "Valonqar" means "little brother" in Valyrian. At first glance, "little brother" could refer to Tyrion, who certainly fits the phrase. Tyrion is on a boat with Daenerys, ready to aid the Queen of Dragons in dethroning his sweet sister.

ziggysego

The director of both episodes (Miguel Sapocnik) should be given the job for all remaining episodes!

Unfortunately it was announced today that he has no part in Season 7. Pity.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on June 29, 2016, 11:18:15 PM
The director of both episodes (Miguel Sapocnik) should be given the job for all remaining episodes!

Unfortunately it was announced today that he has no part in Season 7. Pity.

That's a shame, those last two episodes blew me away.

Btw, looking snazzy on the front cover of Omagh Today, Ziggy!

nrico2006

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 29, 2016, 06:18:09 PM

The exact prophecy leads me to believe that Jaimie will choke her to death early in the next season when he finds out the truth of what happened whilst he was taking Riverrun.

But the last part of the prophecy is the most intriguing. It is the part that tells of Cersei's final demise: "When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
The word "Valonqar" means "little brother" in Valyrian. At first glance, "little brother" could refer to Tyrion, who certainly fits the phrase. Tyrion is on a boat with Daenerys, ready to aid the Queen of Dragons in dethroning his sweet sister.

I would put my money on it being Jaime, especially after the ending the other night.  Also speculation it could be Arya, who kills Jaime and does the deed using Jaime's face.

I've read a few articles like the one below that speculate that the 'Valonqar' can be intereted as a little sibling and also be genderless, but going with the actual propechy in the season 5 flashback, I'm near sure that Maggy specifically said 'He'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/06/27/when-is-the-game-of-thrones-season-7-release-date-and-what-are-t/
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 30, 2016, 08:21:58 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 29, 2016, 06:18:09 PM

I would put my money on it being Jaime, especially after the ending the other night.  Also speculation it could be Arya, who kills Jaime and does the deed using Jaime's face.

I've read a few articles like the one below that speculate that the 'Valonqar' can be intereted as a little sibling and also be genderless, but going with the actual propechy in the season 5 flashback, I'm near sure that Maggy specifically said 'He'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/06/27/when-is-the-game-of-thrones-season-7-release-date-and-what-are-t/

Jaime killed the Mad King when he was going to blow up King's Landing with wildfire. He'll be the one to kill the Mad Queen.

leenie

Why do the lannisters have such big beds?

Cause if you pushed twins together you make a king
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

lurganblue

It's back! Slow enough start to the new series but i enjoyed it nonetheless.  Setting the scene for some big events to come.

Oul Ed made a cameo appearance. Strange that, and a bit pointless.  Saw a right few people have been quite upset about this. Chill pill needed.

Assuming that was Jorah Mormont in the cell snatching at the bowl?

Syferus

Quote from: lurganblue on July 18, 2017, 03:03:32 PM
It's back! Slow enough start to the new series but i enjoyed it nonetheless.  Setting the scene for some big events to come.

Oul Ed made a cameo appearance. Strange that, and a bit pointless.  Saw a right few people have been quite upset about this. Chill pill needed.

He wasn't the first musician to appear in the show..

gawa316

Yeah read he went there to see if he could get healed. Stannis's wee doll was cured so it can been done.

JoG2

It's back! Slow enough start to the new series but i enjoyed it nonetheless. Setting the scene for some big events to come.

much like the previous 72 episodes. Starting to feel a bit like 'Lost' now in that the audience or the writers probably haven't a clue what's gonna happen

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on July 18, 2017, 03:41:35 PM
It's back! Slow enough start to the new series but i enjoyed it nonetheless. Setting the scene for some big events to come.

much like the previous 72 episodes. Starting to feel a bit like 'Lost' now in that the audience or the writers probably haven't a clue what's gonna happen

Not at all. The writers have a source to base their scripts on, unlike lost. Also, there had been 60 episodes before Sunday.

Slow episode. Sheeran cameo annoyed me but it's hardly the worst thing in the world. Giving him a new song from outside the canon was a bit much. Everyone on the same continent now which is good!

lurganblue

Game of thrones is hardly a series that can be accused of lacking big events throughout?

JoG2

Quote from: lurganblue on July 18, 2017, 03:48:51 PM

Game of thrones is hardly a series that can be accused of lacking big events throughout?

I enjoy it, but it's being fairly dragged out...it's been building to the war of wars over the throne 70+ episodes now.

nrico2006

So what way do people think it will pan out, i.e. will there be a big war to sort out who rules the 7 kingdoms in this season and then the focus in the last season being on the war between the living and dead?  Or will both stories just run side by side and get sorted out at the end of next season.