Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Ballina up with 3 with 15 minutes left but ended in a draw.

Apparently gazza taken off, hughie taken off and put back on 10 minutes later.

Bradys on and going well and then start trying to do it all by themselves, so i'm told
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Owenmoresider

Shrule 3-16 Kiltane 1-3
Breaffy 1-8 Ballagh 1-8
Claremorris 0-12 Ballina 1-9
Didn't get the Burrsihoole-Castlebar result.

Farrandeelin

Castlebar won, but not sure of the score. So that means Ballina are out. :o
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 19, 2008, 08:53:50 PM
Been a good day all round for you, hasn't it?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 19, 2008, 09:03:35 PM

If we don't pull it off against Ballinrobe tomorrow, today won't have been worth anything! And besides, I don't often get good days with my teams...

moysider

Well thats Claremorris and Castlebar through and Ballina gone. That s the end of an era really. Might be some time before we come again.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 19, 2008, 09:03:35 PM

Hopefully tomorrow is just as good.

It does look like this is the end of that ballina team, it gets into a habit losing to poorer teams

Castlebar 3-8 Burrsihoole 0-6

stephenite

Ronan McGarrity 'flittered' the hamstring I am informed

westmayo

I heard that Ballagh' finished with 13 men against Breaffy last night, two straight red cards and one of them should have got a straight red before that in the first half. You got to feel for Shrule though they covered the 15 point difference between themselves and Breaffy and were going through right up to the final kick in the Breaffy/Ballagh game when Breaffy equalized with what I'm told was the last kick of the game and the first time they were level in the whole game since the start.

Tubberman

QuoteRonan McGarrity 'flittered' the hamstring I am informed

Shite, that's bad news for the county team - presumably O'Shea or Harte will partner Parsons if McGarrity is out. Harte is playing very well from CHF so I'd like to leave him there and let O'Shea come in.
Looks like it will be a very different Ballina next time we see them.
Ballintubber play Garrymore in Clogher today - would be great to get through to quarter finals in the first year in seniors. Based on the performance against Moy Davitts (first half in particular) they should be able to get the result.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Tubberman on July 20, 2008, 10:39:13 AM
QuoteRonan McGarrity 'flittered' the hamstring I am informed

Shite, that's bad news for the county team - presumably O'Shea or Harte will partner Parsons if McGarrity is out. Harte is playing very well from CHF so I'd like to leave him there and let O'Shea come in.
Looks like it will be a very different Ballina next time we see them.
Ballintubber play Garrymore in Clogher today - would be great to get through to quarter finals in the first year in seniors. Based on the performance against Moy Davitts (first half in particular) they should be able to get the result.

Any word on how long will he be out for?

Barney

Feck it - a big loss. Seamus O'Shea and Parsons will have to be the partnership now

westmayo

Bad news alright about McGarrity. It's bad blow going into the qualifiers, but at least Parsons and O'Shea are used to playing together in a partnership for the 21s

Mayo4Sam

Knockmore leading 2-6 to 1-3 at half time

Farrandeelin

Knockmore through, winning 2-7 to 1-7. Poor game according to Michael Gallagher. But a win is a win anyway. Only Munnelly and Killer scored for us though. And only 1 pt in the second half. Howley had a good game as well according to MWR.

It's a hoor about McGarrity though.