TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

I enjoyed the Pacific more than band of brothers but it's been years since I seen BOB so might be unfair to compare them.

For anyone that liked the BOB interviews then the Vietnam War by Ken Burns on Netflix is an absolute must. I really enjoy most of Burns work. Really balanced stuff, allows room in history for all sides.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mrdeeds

Watched the first episode of The Guards: Inside the K. Excellent show. A shocking watch. The Lidl scene in particular.

JimStynes

Quote from: trileacman on March 17, 2020, 03:47:29 PM
I enjoyed the Pacific more than band of brothers but it's been years since I seen BOB so might be unfair to compare them.

For anyone that liked the BOB interviews then the Vietnam War by Ken Burns on Netflix is an absolute must. I really enjoy most of Burns work. Really balanced stuff, allows room in history for all sides.

The Vietnam one is good but the American Civil War one he does is outstanding.

Tony Baloney

The Pacific was very good but didn't seem to get the same sort of traction with the viewing public.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2020, 06:50:16 PM

The Pacific was very good but didn't seem to get the same sort of traction with the viewing public.

The Vietnam One is great! Daughters doing Vietnam for her GCSE history this is a must watch for her
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

There was a ten parter a while back on bbc which was excellent dont know if its the same thing

trileacman

Quote from: JimStynes on March 17, 2020, 05:14:52 PM

The Vietnam one is good but the American Civil War one he does is outstanding.

His best but obviously has no interviews with combatants.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2020, 07:53:48 PM

The Vietnam One is great! Daughters doing Vietnam for her GCSE history this is a must watch for her

Max Hastings book on Vietnam is a good companion for the series, might be a bit heavy for a 16 year old but I read it a few months ago and it's tremendous
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on March 17, 2020, 10:36:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2020, 07:53:48 PM

Max Hastings book on Vietnam is a good companion for the series, might be a bit heavy for a 16 year old but I read it a few months ago and it's tremendous

I'll look that up, cheers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

STREET FIGHTER

Thanks All!

Christ....I have a lot of TV to catch up on.....

macdanger2

Curb your enthusiasm is very good

quit yo jibbajabba

Last 2 episodes shown on sky atlantic have been v good macdanger

macdanger2

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

joemamas